Rammus Build Guide by Dreadic
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
First Guide not pro or anything just an old player showing my unique way of playing Rammus Rock Ninja style. I'm no Oddone so I don't know all the tricks in the jungle but I'll say everything I do and if you have comments to help improve my play go right on ahead and thanks! :D
Sick of losing your Malphite and Shen to banning? Well Rammus is a combination of both. Rammus is really strong all game. He's really fun with amazing gank potential from the cc and damage he can put out while being able to get across the map in a matter of seconds. Why build the traditional soak when you can build TANK!
and had a baby who turned out to be the UNNBANNED MALPHSHEN 2.0
- Strong Ganker
- Really fun to play
- You're a bad *** turtle
- Great CC control
- Damage is great late game
- Shield is OP
- Really fast
- Long Cooldowns
- People will tell you how to build him the right way :P
- No burst
- Kited easily
- No range
- Mana sucks
- Taunt is not Area like Shens
- No Global
- Can't Charge through walls
How is better then + and how is he alike?- Armor turns into damage like Malph
- Taunt like Shen
- Fast initiate like Malph and Shen
- Shield like Malph and Shen (Malph's Passive is a shield)
- Area Damage ult like Malph
- natural tanky like shen and malph
- Does more area damage than both
- More damage late game
- Shield is better than both Shen and Malph's Combined
- The Same Amount of CC as both with a lot of damage to them while being defensive
- Ult hurts turrets
- You're a turtle (yes I know he's an armadillo) :P
Funny how is a combination of Both and and isn't used much when both of these lesser champs are banned huh?
I run these masteries so I clear junlge easy and be tanky. Why movemet speed in utility you say? I like to run around fast while hitting them with red buff and I hate playing slow champs. It lets you run around for faster ganks, chase down their carry and allows you to go with
longer before needing to upgrade.
You can change them if you want since it is also based on playstyle. But I prefer/advise those.
Magic Pen Marks???
- YEAH I WENT THERE! It helps clear jungle better than Attack Speed marks and also stacks with that
late game and even
if you do get.
Flat Armor Seals - Duh for jungling, early tankness and thank you to and more early damage :D
Flat Magic Resist Glyphs - I heard there
are Magic Damage Champs early game so why not be tanky towards them too for ganks? Lets not favor one side of the damage guys!
Movement Speed Quints - Why you say? More movement speed! I like to be fast and gank like a boss! Were not Slow like that (who yes does have a ranged slow and a area charge ult but movement speed is our way of keeping up with that competition) and allows you to just run for awhile.
SUMMONER SPELLS ARE YOUR PLAYSTYLE! Theres no set summoner spells for one single champion. Like how there is no set build for one champion. One person may like over it's up to you and how you play but if you're jungle I would take no matter what :p
I run Flash and Smite for obvious reasons.
- Is for clearing jungle since you're a jungler.
- Instead of other summoner spells because it can guarantee you that knock up from with the Crowd Control from which almost always gets you that kill. You can just flash through stuff that is in the way.
- Take if you are soloing top. USE TO GANK THE OTHER LANES!
Bot lane in middle of a fight? Remember YOU ARE MalphShen 2.0 so its time to teleport in with a knock up and taunt.
- Now what people don't understand is Rammus is MalphShen 2.0 why pick or when you could be both? ;)
- If you absoultely prefer then take it. I don't think it is needed as is usually enough.
- HAHA could be fun and if your team doesn't have it can work but I don't really take it up to you
- Good for Ganks and helps the team out a lot.
Passive: Spiked Shell
Rammus gains additional damage as his shell becomes reinforced, converting 25% of his armor into damage.[/number]
This is better than most people think. This is kicking up your damage throughout the game from armor items.
Rammus accelerates in a ball towards his enemies, dealing 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 (+100% of ability power) magic damage and causing 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% reduced movement speed to nearby enemies on impact for 3 seconds.
Cost 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120mana
To BE the bowling ball you must THINK like one. So roll in there and knock up their ADC! If you use it right and your team wins the fight you have to yell "STRIKE!" in all chat with one of these L(-_-L).
W: Defensive Ball Curl
Rammus goes into a defensive formation for 6 seconds, increasing his armor and magic resistance by 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 and returning 20/30/40/50/60 +10% of total armor as magic damage to attackers.
Cooldown 18 seconds
Cost 50 mana
This is an AMAZING shield. You become extremely tanky with it on and hits squishies foolish enough to attack you pretty hard. This is also what makes creep waves and jungling so easy to clear.
E: Puncturing Taunt
Rammus taunts the unit into a reckless assault, reducing their armor by 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 and forcing them to attack Rammus for 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3 second(s).
Cost 50 / 65 / 80 / 95 / 110mana
More CC to shutdown champs and get early ganks. Also reduces their armor so it kicks up your damage some.
Rammus creates tremors beneath him, dealing 65 / 130 / 195 (+30% of ability power) magic damage per second to nearby units and structures. Lasts 8 seconds.
Now this ult is fun. It does HUGE amounts of damage to champs. Especially in team fights. Taking along with makes this even better. Since you're really fast from masteries and quints, you can almost always kill them while they're running away.
- 1 point in it early and rank up the rest late game since it is not worth putting points in it for some extra damage. The 1 point makes it do its job of initiating and knocking up.
- I rank this up 2nd or even more if I am having problems with being too squishy. Helps clear jungle faster too.
- Level this up first for longer taunt for ganks. It's CC that you need early to make up for your lack of damage. It allows you to secure a kill.
- Whenever you can put a point in it since it devastates anything near it.
Makes you really tanky! So live a little and dps like a true MalphShen! You may not be as tanky as a regular Rammus stacking Tank items but you will be close and doing SO much more damage. So that means enemies die faster right? I have gotten top damage many times with this build while initiating and doing my tank duties.
JUNGLE START - + 5
LANE START - + 3
- On your first time back to make ganking easier. You can turn it into Mercury Treads or or even It depends on the game and what you need. You only upgrade the boots when you need it. Sometimes I won't even upgrade for most of the game.
- For the early hp and can turn into late game. And the gp/5 and it will pay off its worth by mid game. You can even get it before if you feel you can deal with out the speed for ganks. Also it's a turtle shell :D it's made for Rammus! :D
- For early damage and early MR. You get before it beacuse you need the extra hp early so you won't be so squishy. If you would get Wits before it you WILL die more. You will do more damage earlier but not much earlier.
- For more damage armor and health works well when + + is going off. And helps clear minons Waves. Also Adds to the magic damage you're building up.
- Next for some more MR and ability power. The ability power is nice as it adds some extra damage to powerball and R while its passive helps you and your WHOLE TEAM.
Yeah that's right you're doing your Shen duties by supporting some also. But the most important part is it increases your damage :D, which almost everything from you abilites to your items is magic damage so I would say its worth it wouldn't you?
- Now you mean buisness son! You're going to rack up the kills now. Your damage is going to skyrocket. All that magic damage, armor (that also turns into some more damage from passive), 4% of their max hp, and for the really fun part , attack speed!
- Turns into whatever you want and need. This is your situational item spot. I turn it into usualy when I get to it.
CORE BUILD: should look something like this
> > >
> /or > > > >
REMEMBER THESE ITEMS CAN BE REPLACE! If you feel that you are dying too fast and need more bulk don't be afraid to sell one and go tankier for the beniefit of the team.
JUNGLE - Do your jungle stuff. GANK A LOT. You have great crowd crontrol so that means GET YOUR TEAM FED. Since your is so fast you can speed right on past wards for a succesful gank. Don't be afraid to camp lanes either.
You're not uber tank but tanky enough that you can take some hits. Don't get too brave but don't be too cowardly either. Sometimes you gotta risk it to get the biscuit.
There will be champs that give you trouble while ganking that have easy getaways but it doesnt hurt to gank still. Even if you can make them use their summoner spells or push them out of lane then it was an effective gank. Now if you are ganking a fed lane IT STILL WORKS. If you and your teammate use teamwork (which is dreamwork) can take down a fed carry.
LANEING - Don't be afraid to run up and last hit since you have I doubt you will be able to get kills on your own early while laning unless you can them into the turret. You should have no problem getting away from ganks since your + will be enough to keep you safe. Maybe you could even taunt them into the turret for a kill with .
is your best friend. THIS will get you kills. Use it anytime you can go help in the middle of a fight. Makes you rack up the gold and saves your teammates! YAY its shen with the tele save :D
It's pretty much coverd in early game. Continue with the Shen saves and the malphite knouck ups. Now you will be gettin into more team fights and that means it's time for you to shine as the MALPHSHEN 2.0!
into the enemy team and shutdown their ap carry with + so they can't burst down your team.
will do a lot of damage in the fight. It may not seem like it at first but combined with sunfire cape and abyssal scepter it adds up! Now make sure you position yourself right so you can get the most area damage off.
You are also THE tank so make sure you protect your carries. Your strong CC and area damage should do the trick.
Dragon whenever you have a chance for the extra global gold but do not be stupid about it. If they kill you and your teammates at dragon that could be a turnaround you don't want!
And also remeber to help your team however and whenever you can.
BAM now you're talking! You got those tanky offensive items. And people are calling you the best
ever. You can tank a team and dps it down. You may not be crazy burst but you got some serious sustain man!
When it comes to Baron your team can do it faster now since their tank isn't just a cc dummy. You can eat that worm with ketchup easily.
Full build? Well these help! + +
Since it is late game PROTECT YOUR AD CARRY and TAUNT THEIRS. If you absolutely can't get near their adc then focus the next most powerful enemy that is doing really well. Don't fully ditch your adc beacuse if he dies then he rages at you and blames it on you and the build that I created which just makes me look bad. Theres a higher chance that you will lose the fight and ultimately the game because of it. So don't do that please :D
Since you are the cc tank make sure you initate at smart and opportune times. Don't go in if your whole team isn't there. Don't try to steal baron alone. Don't even turret dive alone. JUST DON'T DO THINGS ALONE!
Simply CC their carrys and be the MalphShen 2.0 while dishing out great damage and not dying. Kill while tanking. Protect your teammates and shutdown their carrys. Basically protect your teammates and shut down their carries while being a huge threat. Sorta explained a lot but use your to get to those hard to get to champs!
Like I said I'm no Oddone or even a pro... no where close to it. I Just love playing the game and have a lot of expierence. I don't know all the tricks to jungling and there may be better routes suited to you.
I start by getting help at wolves and then a leash on blue. Don't turn on right away when Blue is leashed. Do it when the Golem starts hitting you.
I gank top or Mid right after blue or even both. Depends where the lane stands. Remember you can camp lanes if the first gank fails the first time since the chances of mid and top having a ward already is very slim. IF your first gank failed then their getaways and summoner spells may already be down.
Afterwards, I get Red so I can gank again or otherwise keep jungling. Go Back when ever you want to heal up and buy or whatever your pretty little heart desires.
Now if they're warding like crazy Oracles Elixir can help but since makes you so fast you can go right past them and catch them before they get away. Now if it is becomeing a problem and you can't pull off ganks then go ahead and get it. You could also come from behind their turret to get them too but that is very risky because turrets hurt early. You could even roll straight down your lane if they're slow and their getaways are down
You should give Blue Buff to your mid everytime it's up except for the first kill unless they don't want it or use no mana. REMEMBER you are the friendly MalphShen that helps the team first!
Try to get as fast as you can though so you can start making some extra bank.
REMEBER YOU ARE MALPHSHEN SO ACT LIKE ONE! CC AND BE THAT ANNOYING JERKFACE BY GANKING AND NOT DYING!Guarantee those gank kills and I promise your team will love you for it.
You can gank bot. It's not too hard with the CC you have and the speed you can go in at. Use to catch one if you have to... just make sure your team is down for it. With all that CC and red buff you should be able to kill one or even both with competent team members. Try to get the adc first if you can though, even if they are fed! You're the OP MalphShen 2.0 so act like it!
Again tell me what you think and leave a comment with suggestions telling me what to improve. Anything about me being noob for not being pro or whatever just leave out ;P.
- Darius is your best friend. Whenever he's on your team you have to sing "Space Jam" with him as you guys get some serious strikes and dunks!
AND REMEMBER you are MalphShen 2.0 and they don't troll/rage/ragequit/complain/blame/or even just say mean things! He's a nice Turtle just wanting to help his team to victory one gank at a time!
Leave comments if you have questions if i left out something, and if you have suggestions. Thanks and have a good game!
and had a baby who turned out to be the UNNBANNED MALPHSHEN 2.0
- Thanks Namolin For the editing of this guide!