Lux Build Guide by FrostedFilth
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
OP Mid Lane
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello everyone. I am FrostedFilth and this is my very first guide build. I have been playing Lux for quite awhile and she has been very good to me. This build has been the ultimate middle lane Lux that I have built. With this build, she can tend to be very overpowering for many people she faces.
Pros / Cons
The Pros: She can deal a great deal of damage as long as you can manage to keep your opponent in one spot. Your Light Binding can help that scenario and then Lucent Singularity will help there. Fun champions to face mid, Akali, Varus, Ashe, Kayle and Elise.
The Cons: You happen to still be rather squishy (easy to kill) due to not so much health or armor. I suggest hugging the turret so that way you really don't have to worry about being squishy so much. The only champion I have come across to hate going mid against is Morgana.
Ability Descriptions and Details
Marks a target hit by one of your offensive spells. Note that this doesn't stack.Final Spark does, however, refresh this debuff.
The mark deals bonus 10 + (10 * level) magic damage when Lux autoattacks.
On-hit effect - being blinded or being counter-striked (see Jax) will not make the mark deal extra damage.
Light Binding (Q)
Can be used offensively to prevent enemies from avoiding yourFinal Spark.
Can be used defensively to prevent enemies from getting near you.
Linear travelling skillshot
Important to get used to its travelling time
Slightly more forgiving than other snare skillshots (e.g. Morgana's Dark Binding)
A second target can get hit if in range.
The secondary target gets the Illumination debuff as well.
Both the snare duration and the magic damage is reduced to half for the second target.
Prismatic Barrier (W)
Your sustain (a.k.a. what makes you a surprisingly hard towerdiving target)
Boomerang skillshot (similar to Ahri's Orb of Deception or Sivir's Boomerang Blade) - goes out in the direction you choose, then returns to you
Shields any ally it touches up to two times
Very helpful when someone uses Ignite on you since the shield protects you both as it goes out and as it comes back.
Lucent Singularity (E)
Lux's only non-skillshot ability
AOE farming tool
Slows enemies who walk in it
Automatically explodes after 5 seconds, or you can press E again to end it early
Goes on cooldown when you cast it, not when you detonate it
If cast into bush, grants vision inside bush
Does not reveal stealthed units
At rank 5, actually costs more mana than Final Spark
Final Spark (R)
Lux's signature move
Takes 1/2 second to charge
Cannot be interrupted by anything
During that half second, enemies can see the red beam that shows where the ulti will fire
If Lux dies while casting, this will not deal any damage. :(
At rank 3 and with 40% CDR, you can spam this every 24 seconds
Long range, but not global
Ignites and re-applies the Illumination debuff - best used after at least one enemy has been hit by Light Binding or Lucent Singularity.
As being an AP/OP mid, your best friends are going to be the listed runes above. You are going to need all the magic penetration you can get to help do the most damage. With the Glyph and Mark of Magic Penetrations, they will help ensure that you do a great amount of damage. The Seal of Ability Power will help out so that way it boosts your Ability Power which will in turn, help your damage yet again. The Quint of Movement Speed just is there to help you move around faster and get away from enemies quicker.
- Teleport makes for once you get the kill, you can quickly get back to the middle and farm some more before your opponent makes it back there. You want to try to outplay them and to do that you have to get more cash and kill more minions then them to beat them.
- Ignite will be your best friend when helping you secure the kill over your opponent. This can pair with your Q and E to help gain the upper advantage when you want to use your R. If you do not have your R, it can still be quite useful if your opponent "Lags or chases you to try and kill you". Make sure you always have the upper hand with this.
Dont use these
- Smite is meant for jungling and that is one thing that must never be done when playing this Lux. You do not need this as it only kills minions or pets which are very rare in the mid unless Annie goes (still don't use).
- You do not need to know what all is going on so do not select Clairvoyance at all. Worry about your lane. Your E can be useful as seeing if anyone is lurking in the bushes but be careful and don't go too close.
- Patience is a virtue with Lux. Do not EVER get Revive. You can simply wait until you respawn and then go where you need to be. This is something that you don't need.
How to win mid
Farming is your biggest win here. Make sure to best your opponent on the minion kills as they give you a good amount of cash. If you can have the upper hand on who has more minions, then you can get your items before your opponent and be able to beat them before they can get their items. Do not push the middle lane with Lux as she is squishy (low health/armor). Stay real close to your turret and make sure to be very observant of the bushes. You never know who is lurking there and willing to kill you. I suggest you and your teammates be on the same page and make sure to communicate to let each other know if someone is missing from a lane or is on their way to your lane or theirs.