Yasuo Season 6
Not Updated For Current Season
Phantom Dancer Vs. Statikk Shiv
Why rush Phantom Dancer?
- According to this guide, Phantom Dancer is rushed during the laning phase. But why? PD gives you an extra edge whenever going one on one against another champion (its second passive which is Lament: wherein the last champion you hit deals 12% less damage to you). This gives you a large advantage during laning because it gives you a lot of crit chance, a lot of attack speed, reliable mobility, and damage reduction.
- Phantom Dancer can be changed with Statikk Shiv later on whenever team fights start occurring. Statikk Shiv gives you at most 67.5 - 225 magic damage which helps a lot when tearing squishes apart. Generally may be expensive; however beneficial to your team.
Blade of the Ruined King Vs. Infinity Edge
When should you rush BORK or IE first?
- Well, for beginners, BORK is an item that is considered a tank-shredder. This item helps is very cost efficient with champions that rely on basic attacks because of its passive. IE on the other hand should immediately be built whenever handling with non-health-reliant top laners such as early game Gnar, Zed, Riven, early game Aatrox, and many more. However, I still strongly suggest taking BORK because of the fact that it gives you even more mobility, and I really think that 70% crit chance from PD is already enough for early game.
Ninja Tabi Vs. Berserker Greaves?
Why would you choose Ninja Tabi over Berserker Greaves? Isn't 25% attack speed important?
- Actually, I had a hard time choosing over these two items. However, whenever I play Yasuo in teamfights, whenever an AD Fighter or ADR is fed, I seem to think that Ninja Tabi's 10% damage reduction to basic attacks and 25 Armor seem to be more important than 25% Attack Speed.
- From BORK and PD or Shiv, you'll already have 70-75% Attack Speed, and that the cooldown and cast time of Steel Tempest is reduced by 0.6% for every 1% bonus attack speed and has a cap of 66% reduction. If you are winning the game, get Berserker Greaves instead to maximize Yasuo's Q.
The Defensive Items
For this chapter I'll be talking real quick about the late game items that Yasuo needs.
- Late game: The point where everyone, fed or not, mostly have 5 to 6 items. This is the point wherein ADR's free-hit you from away and deal a ton of damage, and Mages and Assassins burst you down. This is the point in the game where you need to get defensive items.
- I'm pretty sure we know why we're getting Guardian Angel. GA provides you both Armor, MR and a second life. Do I need to explain more?
- BORK's 10% Life Steal isn't enough to give you enough sustain in team fights. So we take in Spirit Visage to modify both Warlord's Bloodlust and your Life Steal in order to prolong in the clash.
Items to Consider
- Banshee's Veil may be an item to consider when fighting against champions with engages that are accompanied with CC such as Annie, Malphite, Blitzcrank, Lux, and many more. Even though this passive can be easily proc'd by champions with poke, this item may save your life!
- Death's Dance, an item that gives somewhat extra tankiness because of it's convertion of damage received into a bleeding effect. It also supplies 65 Attack Damage, which rivals IE's!
- Morgana's Bind, Amumu's Ult, Nasus's Wither are all CC that severely damage your fighting output. Mercurial Scimitar allows you to break free from these barriers with bonus movement speed and provides you 10% Life Steal in order to last longer in team fights
Soooo, it's been somewhere near an hour or two since I've started making this account. I'm sorry if I haven't put super detailed information (I'm lazy). I want to know if this build helps you with your Yasuo games. If I have the time, I'll be adjusting more info about why I chose this type of build.
Thank you for reading this guide! Please feel free to drop any comments below!
P.S. Please have mercy, I'm just Gold.