Volibear Build Guide by Dalin
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome to my
Volibear guide. It's my first guide on mobafire.
I'd like to show u how do I play him as an jungle offtank. If u have any ideas, please write them in a comment.
It's not yet finished, so I'll try to update it daily.
Pros / Cons
+ Great passive
+ With his Rolling Thunder
he can outrun most champions
+ He is an Armored Bear Warrior
+ Not even Zilean could keep
an armored bear out of the
League of Legends
- Weak escape ability
- He is new, so will be
Greater Mark of Attack Speed
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Speed
Good armor boost that works well in jungle and when fighting champions.
As an offtank u will need also magic resist. I prefer mr per level so when ur enemies will have more AP late game, u will also have more MR.
Just like Marks, it gives u even more AS.
Smite: You are a jungler, right? - Get it
Ghost: Great spell for ganging and escaping and even better with Rolling Thunder
Flash: It has been nerfed, but it's still good option, u can change it with Ghost
Chosen of the Storm
Volibear heals rapidly for a few seconds when his health drops to a critical level. I love this passive, late game when u will have 4k hp and u hit 30% hp it will heal U for around 1200hp in few seconds.
Volibear drops to all fours and runs faster if chasing an enemy champion. The first enemy he attacks is knocked into the air and flung behind Volibear. It's good skill for ganging. U will run incredibly fast and throw your target behind you.
Volibear's repeated attacks grant him additional attack speed. Once Volibear has repeatedly attacked three times, he can perform a vicious bite on his target. It gives lot of as and it's active scales with bonus health, that u will have a lot. Use it when enemies will be low on health, becouse it works just like Demacian Justice - more hp enemy is missing, more damage it will do.
Volibear lets out a powerful roar that damages and slows enemies. Minions and monsters are feared as well. This skill will help u in jungle, slow your enemies when u run for them or when u escape. It's not best cc, so I max it last.
Volibear channels the power of the storm causing his attacks to blast his targets with lightning that bounces to other nearby enemies. It's great skill for teamfights, it has long duration and not big cd. While fighting all their team put it on and u will be damaging them all with bonus damage.
Max out Frenzy first, becouse it will be your main damage dealer. Take Majestic Roar at level 2 for easier jungle and Rolling Thunder at level 3 for early gangs.
Boots of Speed
5x - Best items to start in the jungle.
Mid game Items:
- Free ward, lifesteal - get it
- Best boots for off-tank.
- Gives lot of hp that works with your passive, "W" and Atma's
Late game Items:
- U will have lot of hp, so the bonus dmg should be pretty cool.
- This item will give you strong cc and lot of health.
Get one of these as your 6th item:
- Good item if they have Malzahar, Mordekaiser, Vladimir or Warwick in team. It removes all debuffs from You (like Nether Grasp, Children of the Grave, Hemoplague, Infinite Duress or even Ignite)
- This item is good for Annie, Brand, Xerath to don't let them stun You or for Karthus ulti.
- Take it when they have AD champions like Master Yi or Tryndamere they will take lot of damage when attacking You.
Shurelya's Reverie - Good item when u want more health and extra speed for whole team.
- Take it when their team is AP heavy.
- Good item against AD champions, lowers their movement and attack speed a lot.
Creeping / Jungling
1. First u should go for Blue buff. Ask mid to pull it for You, so it will be easier. Use when u get hit, use Smite when it will be around 450hp, kill other monsters and go to wolves.
2. Focus Big Wolf first and then kill other. U can use another here.
3. Now go to Wraiths. Use . With blue buff You can spam your Frenzy and Rolling Thunder every cd.
4. After that move to Lizard Buff. Your Smite cd should just run off. Use and focus Big Lizard first. When he will be low on health use Smite. Kill the other lizards and go to Golems.
5. Focus the Big Golem first, You can use another here.
Now go gang. If there is nothing to gang, just recall, but items, kill Wolves>Wraiths>Golems or kill a Dragon. If it's still not possible to gang anything, then u should tell your team that they are doing something wrong.
03/12/2011 - Published
04/12/2011 - Changed items, added Situational Items and Skills chapters
05/12/2011 - Changed viev of a guide - Thanks for jhoijhoi's Making A Guide