Build Guide by PortalCake
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
I have not played Caitlyn much, but I came up with this build recently and decided to share it. In this build, I mainly focus on Caitlyn's attack damage bonus on her and , but also on the ability power bonus on and . I also think that the attack speed comes in handy, but I will talk more closely about the runes, masteries and items in the following chapters.
Greater Mark of Desolation - I chose these runes mainly for getting the most out of your attacks.
- Though Caitlyn may have good abilities for escaping, then in my opinion with are useful in tough situations.
- It may seem a bit weird that I chose the ability power runes for Caitlyn, but these are mostly for improving the damage on and .
- Almost as with the Greater Mark of Desolation, I chose these runes for getting most out of your fights.
I added mastery points mostly into Offense and Defense, for the 12/18/0 (I bet you have never heard of it before) build, so that all the main stats would be covered. As I chose the and for the summoner spells, then I also added masteries for both of them. Also in addition to the runes, I tried to add corresponding masteries from the Offense and Defense trees. You may think that why I chose the Defense tree instead of Utility, but in my opinion, Caitlyn needs better survival in some situations.
For the items, I tried to choose so that all the main stats would be covered. As I focus on attack damage, attack speed and ability power, then I also chose the corresponding items. I also tried to set the item purchases so, that you could play well at any stage of the game.
In my opinion the skill sequence doesn't need explaining, but in the beginning I focused mainly on the which gets the damage from . Later as the game advances and you start getting the ability power from and then I also added in and .
- This spell is good for the damage over time, which greatly works together with the and is also useful in team-fights, where the enemies escape with low health.
- I couldn't think of anything better to choose here, because though a spell for escaping may help, then as we have the defense tree, we can focus on slowing the enemies instead.
I hope this build will help you in-game and if it doesn't, then vote and comment with your ideas what should be changed.