Cho'Gath Build Guide by theMysterieF
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Welcome to my Cho solotop guide.
I will show you 3 ways of playing Cho Gath solotop depending on your enemy.
The first build is for meele AD champions such as Olaf, Riven or Wukong you meet often solotop.
You should choose the second way to build him for ranged AD champions like Graves or Caitlyn.
Finally there is one build for you in case you are facing an AP based champion like Mordekaiser or Singed.
Sorry for my english to be not that good and I hope you still enjoy my guide.
- runes and masteries sections are under construction
Pros / Cons
+ can destroy nearly every other solotop champ
+ very good farmer
+ nice cc in teamfights
+ tanky even without many tankitems
+ can nearly destroy every meele AD solotop
- very manahungry earlygame
- vulnerable to early ganks
- your teammates might think you are just sitting on your lane
I take Greater Quintessence of Ability Power for higher earlygame dmg.
Other viable options are Greater Quintessence of Vigor or Greater Quintessence of Magic Penetration.
For Seals I take Greater Seal of Armor or Greater Seal of Scaling Mana Regeneration, but Greater Seal of Replenishment or Greater Seal of Scaling Ability Power are also viable options.
In most cases I take Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction, but if you want you can take Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist or Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power too.
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration are pretty standart for every AP based champ.
Other viable options are Greater Mark of Armor or Greater Mark of Health.
I take 9/21/0 standart masteries for offtank.
Also you can take 9/0/21 if you feel tanky enough without defensive masteries.
This is the main difference between laning against an AD or AP based champ.
First you should max your Feast as usual.
If you are laning against a
meele ADchamp, you will want to do more dps than he could ever do. So you max your Vorpal Spikes first, because of his maximal dmg potential. Also you wont have probs to get in meelerange against this sort of enemy. Another advantage of this skill sequence is that you will not be as manahungry as if you max Q or W first.
In some cases you will face a
ranged ADcarry. Then it is more harder to get in meelerange, so you cant get all the dmg potential out of your E spell. Now you have the decision between maxing Q or W first. Due Q has the higher dmg potential than W and you wont have many probs to hit the slowest chars in the game with your Rupture i highly recommend to max Rupture over W.
However, if you notice you dont hit your Q as much as you want to you should switch to max your Feral Scream first, because of the better accuracy with this spell.
The last possibility is that you are facing an
APbased champ. In this case you have an epic 3 sec silence on Feral Scream at lvl 5, means 3 sec the enemy cant do anything exept running away. Nothing more to say!!!!
This is the most situational part of every guide.
- + 4x + if you are facing an AD based champ
- + if you are facing an AP based champ
- + 2x + in case you are laning against a skillshot depending enemy like Brand or Nidalee
- Philosopher's Stone for even more laningpower - now scales better into endgame as the stats become permanent with
- best boots for cho, but you can also go for , or
- THE item made for cho, just a MUST HAVE
- instantly boosts your dmg from medium to high
Beside this items you should take at least 1 ARMOR and 1 MAGIC RESISTANCE item.
- combined with Philosopher's Stone awesome Gold/10
- if you feel like 3000 hp isn't enough this is the item to go
- more dmg and also more surviveability. selfexplanatory
- if you have mana problems during long teamfights
- for armor - only consider buying this if you get in meele combat often
- for armor - the item to go if the enemy adc is fed
- for armor - don't forget about the active
- same as with armor
- by far the best mr item in season 3
- nice in combination with bulwark if you are focused early in teamfights
- even more dmg? go for it. boosts your dps and surviveability too. if you are planing to get this, go for an early
- lets your team follow you faster into teamfights
- better mobility in teamfights - good if you have to initiate
- if the enemy team leads the game and you have to def
Thanks for taking the time reading this guide, I hope you enjoyed it and if you found any errors in spelling or if you want to add sth, feel free to tell me!
I am still working on this guide adding more details.
Pls try it before you vote it down.