Riven Build Guide by TheShaady
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
/!\ DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT TO HELP ME! /!\
My presentation :
First of all, you have to know that I'm a french guy (who said flammer?), so sorry for my bad english. Then, you have to know that's my first guide on MobaFire.
Riven is a melee DPS with a bit of tanky. So we have to privilege DPS then Health and Durability. Riven can gank easily to. But she's better at solo top, dont forget to last hit !
Pros / Cons
- At the Early Game with a B.F Sworld, you'll deal a maximum of dammage.
- Mercury Threads allows you to decrease time of Crowd Control.
- Very high Lifesteal with Bloodthirster coupled with Last Whisper (between 100 and 350 lifesteal per hit).
- This stuff is expensive so you'll have to get a bit fed (like 2 or 3 kills at the Early game)
- As you're going to be fed easily, ennemies can often gank you!
First, we have to privilege Penetration Marks ans Quintessences because what ? Because Riven
is a good Off-Tank (Utility of Last Whisper)
- So First take 9 Penetration Marksfor a total of 15 ArmorPen.
- Secondly, take 9 Armor Sealsfor a total of 13 Armor. This will be essential for your durability in Early Game.
- Thirdly, take 9 Magic Resist per LevelGlyphs for a total of 24,3 magic Resist at level 18. This will be essential for your durability too!
- Then, finally, take Armor Penetration Quintessencesfor a total of 25 Armor Penetration coupled with Penetration Marks.
With theses runes you will be able to survive at the Solo Top, and you will be more hard to kill because of Seals and Glyphs.
You will have a total of 31Arm/Pen + 10% with masteries and coupled with a Last Whisper it's 31 + 46%, unbeliveble!
Masteries :OFFENSE :
- Take a 21 in Offense to deal a max of Damage in Early and Late Game.
- You will be able to harrass your ennemy and take last hit easily.
- The ultimate skill "Executioner" is so beautiful.
- You will have 6% Lifesteal in early with Doran's Blade.
- You'll have + 6 Armor Penetration + 10% ! :)
- To increase your resistance and durabilty.
- To gain health per level.
- Not needed for Riven.
So let's see :
At the beginning, take :
You are playing Riven, so you have to focus AD and Armor Pen!
Yeah, yeah, life ... But you have 2K5 HP it's good, not needed more!
With the new patch, you'll have to max your
Then, if you are in difficulty :
When you're alone with a ennemy :
Start with or if the ennemy have so much life, auto hit (because of your passive) (Trinity Force power!), , auto hit, , auto hit, , auto hit then , auto hit, to end him!
When you're in TeamFight :
Start with and make the same skill order[/b]!
The best Summoner Spells :
I take it to chase or escape to my ennemies. It's essential if you wanna survive at any levels. And it's one of the best Summoner Spells for any characters.
At the Early Game, focus on one thing : farm.
If you thing you're not going to be fed, farm and farm again. You need to have 100 crips in 15 minutes.
Use the combo A-A-A-Z to farm easily.
Care of your ennemy and don't let him farm.
Harrass your ennemy with A-Z-auto hit-A-A-auto hit-E to go back.
Laning phase is ended.
So let's go in team fight, prepare your R and wait for the tank engage.
Just do the skill sequence written above.
Execute ennemies who are low-life with your R!
Now you're very difficult to kill.
You'll have a good escape + 432 Movement Speed.
You are normally very fed, so let's engage team fight if your tank is dead. Riven can easily do a 1v3 if she's played well. Her Skill Sequence is easily to do, so enjoy it.
Let's end it
So, I hope this guide will help you to play Riven well, I will upload some screenshots of my score.
Don't forget that I'm french, and my engish is so ... :)
Just post a comment to help me and give me some advices.
See you later guys! :)