Fizz Build Guide by KopruchKiller
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome in my Fizz guide! I am am KopruchKillerr and this is my 1st guide.
Please comment and if you downvote, please tell me why and I'll try to improve it.
Fizzais a melee-based AP Carry. His task is to enter the team fight, kill enemy carry/ies and get out without dying.
Pros / Cons
• Very bursty
• Great mobility (hard to focus)
• Lots of AOE damage
• Powerful CC on his teamfight-changing ultimate
• Counters a a lot of midders
• Great roamer/ganker
• Fun to play with
• His ultimate is a skill-shot
• Melee(may have troubles with very early farming)
• Squishy as hell
• Requires early snowballing to do well in late-game
• Dies instantly if gets focused
- Great passive that allows you to go through minions and other units.
Helps much in farming and chasing/escaping. It also reduces damage from champions' and minions' attacks that you receive.
- Ability that makes you dash to your target and deal damage to it. It has decent range an APPLIES ON-HIT EFFECTS, what will make you dealing thousands of damage with Lich Bane
- Makes your attacks deal bonus magic damage over time that scales with target's missing health. Great for 1vs1 fights on low HP. Its active makes attacks dealing even more damage. It also reduces healing effects on target, which helps against targets like Dr. Mundo and Swain. DON'T FORGET THAT Urchin Strike APPLIES IT!
- Makes Fizz dash to selected area. When activated again makes Fizz dash for second time and deal damage to enemies nearby. This ability is wonderful at chasing and escaping. It also has decent damage, don't underrate it!
- One of best ultimates in game (it is skill-shot based though). Fizz throws his fish to a nice range (it also sticks to champions on its way). After 3 seconds shark deals damage in large area around the fish (or champion it sticked to). It is great for teamfights and skirmishes due to its AOE damage. It also has very nice AP ratio (100%), which allows to deal massive damage to whole enemy team!
- Helps in chasing, getting away or kiting. Combined with your Playful / Trickster will help you to escape ANY situation. MUST-BE.
- Good for finishing fleeing enemies, securing kills and countering ultimates like Sadism. Can be exchanged, but i wouldn't recommend it.
Other viable picks
, , ,
For runes I prefer classic pick for any AP Carry with mana. I always use them.
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Seal of Mana Regeneration
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
9x Greater Mark of Magic Penetration - These will help you dealing with early magic resist. Combined with Sorcerer's Shoes it can grant pretty nice bonus damage.
9x Greater Seal of Mana Regeneration - These grant you bonus mana regen. It should reduce your early mana issues.
9x Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power - Gives best AP scaling, especially on higher levels.
3x Greater Quintessence of Ability Power - Gives strong early burst.
I prefer 21/9/0 to 21/0/9 becausea Fizz is melee and he needs to come close to an enemy to deal damage.
>> >> >>
I personally buy this items in all games.
Sorcerer's Shoes - Pretty obvious choose for most of AP carries.
Lich Bane - Since your Q procs on-hit effects it will ad some great damage to Fizz's burst.
Rabadon's Deathcap - Gives nice 120 AP + bonus 30 % of your total AP. A must-be on AP carry.
Void Staff - Helps dealing with enemies' magic resist.
- Great item if you get focused or need armor to counter enemy AD.
- Helps in mana management and adds a bit of health, which can sometimes be very helpful.
- If enemy team is dealing lot of magic damage, or you need defense against enemy AP midder.
- Buy always if you get hard focused and can't survive teamfights.
- Buy if u are getting REALLY hard fed early game.
- Nice item which helps in surviving figths, avoiding harassment and against abilities like Requiem
- For CDR and healing reducer.
- Improves your burst and nuking potentials.
At lvl 1 I put a point in Seastone Trident for easier farming. Then i level Urchin Strike for harrasing the enemy and Playful / Trickster to proceed figt or go away.
Chum the Waters > Urchin Strike > Seastone Trident > Playful / Trickster
First of all, you should max out Q since with Sheen and then Lich Bane it will be your main harrasing skill AND main damage source. Secondly you level W for longer fights and then E for chasing/getting away/damaging opponent.
Difficulty - HARD. She will be pain in the neck after she gets her Shadow Dance. Try to shut her down before she hits level 6.
Difficulty - EASY. Should be no problem here. Just dodge her abilities and she is dead.
Difficulty - MEDIUM. Watch out for the stun! Use your E when she tries to stun you and it will be all right.
Difficulty - EASY. Since you can easily dodge his Pillar of Flame and Pyroclasm he is useless against you.
Difficulty - MEDIUM. She can spam her E all day long, so try to move in different directions. Watch out for her ultimate (but you can avoid it).
Difficulty - EASY. Assume AP Ez here.
3 of his abilities are skillshots, which as we know Fizz can easily avoid. Very, very easy match-up.
Difficulty - MEDIUM. Have fun with mirror laning. NOTE: use unusual methods (like maxing E first) to win.
Difficulty - HARD. His passive, Runic Skin will be xtremely annoying. Try to build early Void Staff, if possible
Difficulty - EASY. He doesn't have burst that you have, so it should be no problem here.
Difficulty - HARD. Her Shunpo will be really annoying for you. Always yse Playful / Trickster when she ults you.
Difficulty - EASY. Skillshots again.
Difficulty - HARD. Due to his passive, Iron Man he will be invulnerable to your harrasing. Outfarms you easily so try playing aggresive early.
Difficulty - EASY. Her Javelin Toss hurts, so try to dodge it. No other problems noticed :)
Difficulty - EASY. When you see her ball flying towards you just use your Playful / Trickster to get close to her and keep using Q and W. Pretty easy lane.
Difficulty - EASY. No burst, no problem. Just avoid Nevermove.
Difficulty - EASY. Syndra is skillshot-based so she should be no problem for you.
Difficulty - MEDIUM. He can be tough match-up, try to shut him down early.
Difficulty - EASY. Since Vladimir relies VERY much on healing with his abilities, you will have very easy time with your healing reduction. Watch out, he can avoid your ultimate!
Difficulty - EASY. You can easily avoid his stun and he is much more squishy than you. But watch out his ultimate hurts!
Difficulty - EASY. Your built in healing reducer and high mobility will deny his farm. You' ve got better burst than him. NOTE : Read my Zac mid guide and feel free to vote!
During laning phase just farm, farm and harass your enemy. Kill him or force to recall, and when is not in lane push his turret. Repeat until teamfights start. If you got counterpicked just turret-hug and keep farming in safe zone.
Always let your tank initiate. When everybody have already entered the fight just throw youra Chum the Waters onto the enemy team. Proceed with going in and killing enemy carries. Now, if you and your team did everything right, teamfight should be won.
Standard harass combo: Q, W, 2-3 auto-attacks, E to get away
Make-A-Kill Combo: R, Q, E onto enemy, keep auto-attacking with w and spamming Q
Finishing move 1: R, Q, E
Finishing move 2: Q, W, AA x2, E
26.02.2013 - Guide has been published. I'm going to add situational items and match-ups section next week.
26.02.2013 - Added Abilties Explanation chapter
28.02.2013 - Finished and published Situational items chapter
3.03.2013 - Published match-ups section.
7.03.2013 - Added Lux, Mordekaiser, Nidalee, Swain and Orianna to match-ups section.
3.04.2013 - Added Syndra, Talon, Veigar and Vladimir to match-ups section.
5.04.2013 - Added Zac to match-ups section.