Threats to Nautilus with this build
|Lee Sin||Same thing as shyvana but more damage and will be healthier. EDIT Got nerfed again and new jungle hurts now sooo still a threat jsut not as bad.|
|Elise||After changes and nerfs shes not as strong as a threat like the old days but can still put up a fight just be on the watch.|
|Hi my name is 2 Taric 1 Cup and I have experienced elo hell first hand. I stopped playing ranked cause I was trying to figure out the key to ranked and getting out of elo hell. Now I finally have... Nautilus. His strong cc reliant kit allows fearsome ganks and late game teamfights. Currently I am a Platinum 5.
He has semi fast clearing with Titan's Wrath and amazing ganks thanks to Dredge Line and Depth Charge. He is a force to be reckoned with so without further ado lets get on with the guide.
Pros And Cons
Pros / Cons
+ Semi-Fast Jungle Speed
+ Great Initiates Depth Charge
+ Hard to counter jungle after he gets blue
+ Tons of cc including passive Staggering Blow
+ If fed will do tons of damage with Titan's Wrath
+ The later the game the tankier he becomes
+ Very inexpensive build
Nautilus is super scary to the enemy team because if you try to counter jungle him he will cc you till he team arrives. I addition Nautilus is the enemy adc's worst nightmare because of his point click ult Depth Charge that will seak them knocking up champions on the way and knock them up for 1-2 seconds. If Nautilus gets fed he will skyrocket in damage thanks to his Titan's Wrath and you could be dead without even notice that he was the cause of your death.
- Blue Buff reliant early
- Little kill potential without a team
- Hard to master
- Your Dredge Line has a long cd
- Needs items to be tanky
Early game Nautilus is super blue reliant without it he can't jungle effectively and will be super low by the end of his clear. Nautilus has no high single target damage early to mid game until his Titan's Wrath is maxed and his Riptide has 2-3 points into it. He is not very tanky without items making him super vulnerable to death early game. Nautilus has a super expensive build for a tanky jungle making it hard to get your full build till superlate game unless ridiculously fed.
|Nautilus needs the defenses in the Resolve tree for tankiness and lower summoner spell cooldowns jungling. The increased armor from Unyielding and Legendary Guardian and movement speed from Explorer helps for jungle clear speed. The extra health and healing from Strength of the Aegis is necessary for the majority of junglers now adays. The point in Sorcery increases the damage all of your abilities do which is really good for clear speed and later dueling power. Expose Weakness is really good for allowing your team mates to do more damage to enemies you pick off.|
- Greater Quintessence of Health: I grab the quints of health for a bigger shield early in the game.
- Greater Quintessence of Armor: I grab the armor quints so you can reduce the amount of damage you take while jungling.
- Greater Mark of Attack Speed: I get attack speed for more procs of Titan's Wrath in the jungle and in teamfights.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist:I get scaling magic resits for more late game magic resits that Nautilus lacks.
- Greater Seal of Armor:I get flat armor because it is the same scenario as the Greater Quintessence of Armor it reduces the amount of damage the jungle does to you.
Smite: This is necessary for any jungler for fast clearing and stealing buffs. It is even more critical now because you can not buy jungler items without it. It also gives you more exp when clearing jungle camps.
Flash: The best summoner spell for junglers besides smite in my opinion because it allows you to get those sexy Dredge Line hooks as well as flashing to block projectiles for you back line.
Ghost: I don't prefer ghost on Nautilusas much as I used to, but the recent buffs to the duration make it still a viable option.
- Staggering Blow: Basically it makes all of Nautilus auto attacks snare your target and you can re-apply it every few seconds. This is super broken in my opinion because you have even more cc and if a bruiser comes to auto attack you, you can just snare him and walk away.
- Dredge Line (Q): Nautilus throws out his anchor pulling himself and the target to the middle distance between them. If Nautilus hits terrain he pulls himself to the terrain and half the mana is refunded and its cooldown is reduced by half. This extremely effective for initiating fights and escaping from sticky situations. TIP: Turrets count as terrain even the rubble when they are destroyed.
- Titan's Wrath (W): Nautilus creates a shield from a base amount and a percentage of his max health. His auto attacks than do AoE to nearby enemies and your auto attacks apply a DoT to the enemies affected by the AoE. When the shield breaks or the ability ends his auto attacks go back to normal. This makes Nautilus clear fast with little damage in the jungle and granting him great damage in teamfights.
- Riptide (E): Nautilus Makes a ripple AoE Slow around him hitting nearby enemies. The slow and damage is reduced if an enemy takes multiple hits. This makes it difficult for enemies to escape from Nautilus and his team if the enemy is hit by more than 1 ripple.
- Depth Charge (R): Nautilus Send a homing target, knocking up all enemies in its path to the target. Then it knocks up the target for a longer duration. This is a nightmare for enemy adc's because this is a point click knock up and if positioned right can change the tide of the fight (No puns intended).
Ability Sequence Order
|Max Depth Charge at 6,11,and 16. Get 1 point in your Titan's Wrath and max it by level 9 for maximum jungle speed and survivability. Get Riptide at level 2 than max it by level 13 for the slow and damage.Get a point in Dredge Line at 3 if your going to gank or level 4 if you don't see an opportunity to gank. Max this last as it is utility.|
Start with Hunter's Talisman and 3 Health Potion and use the appropriate route that follows:
Blue Side Go head towards your bot laner and start double golems and smite the big one, Red buff, razers than go take scuddle crab. Go Now you have 2 options: Either gank a lane or go get blue buff. After your choice recall and pick up your completed jungle item whether it be Stalker's Blade or Skirmisher's Sabre
Red Side Similar to the blue side head to Gromp this time and smite him right away,take your Blue buff, then wolves. Recall and same thing as last time go to your Red buff then start ganking.
|Nautilus is very slow so get these boots so you can get up close in ganks and run away with the movement speed.|
|This give Nautilus a way to clear the jungle and stay healthier in the new jungle. The enchantment cinderhulk gives Nautilus alot of extra health sorta like the old Ancient Golem and a pseudo sunfire burn.|
|This is a great item for the shield, health, magic resist, regen, and CDR. This item gives so many stats as well as provides alot better teamfighting.|
|Randiun's Omen||This item gives Nautilus alot of health which increases the size of his shield Titan's Wrath It also gives alot of armor as well as the AOE slow.|
|This is a very strong item on Nautilus because the attack speed slow is very good on him as well as the extra mana it provides.|
|This is the Final item I get on Nautilus for the magic resists and Health. Also most champions at this time are using more "combo" i.e LeBlanc so I get banshees to prevent those kind of combos.|
|Nautilus gains alot from this item alot of magic resist, reducing magic resist aura and ability power. Only get this if soeone else got aegis or your super ahead and you want to deal... TONS OF DAMAGE.|
|Get this on Nautilus if the enemy adc is super fed and you need a **** ton of armor. Might be a better option if you go Warmogs, SotAG, Thornmail.|
|This is a great item for Nautilus because the health, regen, and cooldown reduction is really strong for Titan's Wrath.|
|This is such a good item on Nautilus if the enmey hyper carry is fed as hell i.e Vayne or Kog'Maw even though you don't see much of either of them enemy more it's just in case. Also frozen heart is the new Randuins.|
|I haven't personaly done to much testing of this new item but of what I've heard it realls strong on tanks like Maokai, and Nautilus, that use mana and health plus its like a Randuin's Omen and Talisman of Ascension.|
Nautilus is amazing in teamfights. He is able to initiate a fight and cc everyone on the enemy team. Nautilus can go for the back line with ease with Depth Charge and knock up everyone in front of them. Nautilus can peel amazingly with his Dredge Line. Make sure you use Locket of the Iron Solari when ever possible it saves lives.
Nautilus has a lot of synergy with specific champions. He has great synergy with most AD carries because of his amazing peel with Dredge Line and Depth Charge. He does amazing with Thresh as well (especially Deep Terror Thresh huehuehue) because they can both peel for the adc and tons of crowd control and initations.
|In conclusion Nautilus is a very nice addition to any team comp with his high amount of cc and tankiness. His fast speed in the jungle and sick ganks will end up guaranteeing free kills for your lane. Hope this guide helped this is my first guide on mobafire make sure you rate and give feedback.
Gallery of Excellence
If you want me to post a picture of your score just put a link in the discussion with your ign and I'll post asap. Thanks.
Corporal Brick and his sucsess with this Nautilus guide.
Sirfapsalót and his Nautilus games
My AD Nautilus mid.
12/13/13 Changed Jungle Rout to fit the new jungle camp
12/8/13 Updated for Season 4
7/16/2014 Updated for Quill Coat and ALL Health Seals.
8/28/14 Added a Gallery of match histories
12/9/14 Added Ranger's Trailblazer and removed Quill Coat
12/15/14 Added Righteous Glory to Situational Items, Added some matchups, and Added New Jungle Route for both sides
2/8/15 Added my AD Nautilus score to gallery
4/8/15 Got rid of Sunfire Cape as a "core" item and switched it back to Warmog's Armor because of Bami's Cinder , Added back Abyssal Scepter to the situational items. Finally added boot enchants (didn't realize I forgot them)
6/19/15 Removed Ranger's Trailblazer for Skirmisher's Sabre and Stalker's Blade
6/19/15 Fixed a bunch of grammer errors . (Sorry for them being there for so long)
9/3/16 Updated almost everything after more than a year. Fixes runes, masteries, item build and alot of grammer errors.