Vi Build Guide by nguyentri11
Not Updated For Current Season
Boots and Trinket Upgrades
Not Updated For Current Season
Threats to Vi with this build
|Sion||He can't charge his Q if you just punch him with yours.|
Fighter: Diver Vi(Please Read notes for Items, Runes, Etc.)
This build focuses on building Vi as a fighter/diver and her synergy with Titanic Hydra which lets her get away being in the top lane. To clarify, divers are classified as a subclass of fighters who are pretty mobile, build a little more offensively than juggernauts, and excel at locking down targets they want to take down. Early game you will be building damage items that will provide bonus health(including Titanic Hydra) which will work well with her passive. Once you get Titanic Hydra, your dueling is powered up, your E poke is increased, and with the right combo Vi will be able to 100 - 0 a squishy or halve a tank's health.
* Good amount of CC for teamfights, kiting for carries, and dueling.
* Fairly safe champion. You can kite for carries if you are behind.
* Passive can help you survive fights.
* Armor against Vi once she has Black Cleaver is potentially only half as effective(putting W into account).
* At full build and with an Elixir of Ruin, Vi can solo an inner turret without any help from ally minions or champions, as long as she is not interrupted by the enemy, and still have her health be at around 30-40% when she is done.
* Await huge repercussion if you miss Q(especially if you don't have ult) as it is vital for landing combos.
* Ult can land you in a bad spot if the person you ult manages to move quickly away from your team and into his own(like using flash, blink abilities or dash abilities).
* Can be easily kited as most of her damage potential comes from having the enemy in melee attack range(Vi's attack range is 125 which is the lowest attack range at the moment).
You need to be very passive at lvl 1(since you will only have E) so play it safe till lvl 2 to get your Q so you have trading power. Crystalline Flask will help prevent those bullies from First Blooding you at lvl 1. A lvl 2 trading combo will be a Q to the enemies face followed by an autoattack and a autoattack reset from pressing your E. This combo is further increased at lvl 3 when you put a point in W because you are guaranteed to proc W assuming you landed everything in the mentioned combo. Try to save for a Sheen before your first back but there is no shame in going back early if you are too low in either health or mana.
At lvl 6 do your best to look at the map so you can teleport to a lane or something and help gank or countergank. If nothing is going on try to do a full combo on your enemy laner after landing a fully charged Q for maximum damage output and see if you can get some money for killing him/her. At mid game point you should have Sheen and that is guaranteed to give you good trading power so don't be afraid to get up close and personal. If you are the type of person to keep vision on the enemy jungle then try to wait in a bush upon spotting him/her entering the jungle or something so you can get the jump on them if nothing is going on top. If you have Titanic Hydra are and in a lane, then make use of the ranged cone poke from both your E and Titanic Hydra.
At this point you can split-push, wait in bushes to catch someone off guard by staying in a ward-free bush and punch them from nowhere, or of course fight in the teamfight. When you split-push, do so when you ward the appropriate jungle, so you can run when called for, and when your teleport is up so you can join a teamfight easily. Or, in the right situation and vision on all enemies is confirmed, you can teleport to a lane of minions taking a turret and destroy as much as possible(best possible scenario = killing their inhibitor). During a teamfight it is best to kite for your carry, since Vi provides a good amount of kite with her Q and ult, or you can ult the enemy carry that is the highest thread(assuming they didn't buy a Zhonya's Hourglass).
Let Q E R stand for her active spells(Q = Vault Breaker, E = Excessive Force, and R = Assault and Battery), AA stand for autoattack, and T stand for Titanic Hydra.
Standard Combo: Q -> AA -> T -> E
* There are 2 autoattack resets during the last 2 parts of this combo. Timing the resets are essential for maximum potential damage.
In range of melee attack Combo: AA -> T -> E
* This basically takes the last 3 parts from Standard Combo and is useful when you are already close enough. Easily procs your W with 3 swift strikes.
100 - 0 Combo: Q -> AA -> T -> E -> R
* The squishy target's health should just disappear or if it is someone tankier then it should do reasonably good damage. If you are planning to 100 - 0 someone then make sure to fully charge Q if you can for awesome damage.