Cho'Gath Build Guide by PPAULL
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
So here I am, trying to share my secret rules of TOP SOLOing with Chogath. 90% of the games I play with Chogath, I try to top solo with Chogath for few specific reasons. The first one is,,, cuz I'm AWESOME at top solo. lol I usually farm up the most in the game and get early game kills.
I aim to max out my ulti level as soon as possible by either killing minions or heroes (yeah, i'm pro enuf to do it :D)
The second reason I'd fight for TOP SOLO spot (when there's a jungler in my team), is because Chogath is great early game killer. He's not only soooo tanky for opponents to kill chogath, but Chogath's damage outburst ratio is insane compared to other characters. So if opponent top is also soloing, it's usually guaranteed early kill. One set of Q-R-few hits, and one set of Q-R-ignite-R will kill all the teemo's out there.
BASIC MINDSETs when TOP SOLOING with Chogath
- You are the MAJOR TANK (Become so big and dominant in the field that your team's carries can literally hide behind your ***)
- Your ulties should be used almost EVERY minute. (Whether you eat creeps or gank teemos try to utilize your ulti as often as possible)
- Don't be afraid to die for your team (Smile when opponent is aiming you because you're so big!)
- Your bump and your appearance should initiate every ganks (try to bump with sniper's accuracy and show yourself before anyone of your teammates so opponents would aim you)
- After bump ALWAYS silence their carry/mage/CC characters (Duh...)
SIMPLE League of Legends IN-GAME RULES for EVERYBODY
I'd like to add SIMPLE IN-GAME RULES for everybody. These rules are probably known by most of the Pros out there, but I'd like to emphasize once more so that everybody (especially whoever joins game with ME) would all WIN :D
-TRY NOT TO GANK BEFORE LEVEL 4. If the opportunity is right, it'd be okay. HOWEVER, try not to force a gank when laners are still level 2. The ganks would not be entirely effective without three skills being used. LEVEL 4 is the GOLDEN timing to gank for the laners would have all the skills ready to go and the gankee's would not be so aware at that time.
-If TOP is soloing while the opponent has NO junglers, try not to push top. TOP SOLO needs to hug tower most of the time. WHY would you push the minions and make it harder for TOP SOLO to level up and farm along with tower?
TO GENERAL PEOPLE
- Within first 11 minutes, if you have chance to recall back to home to buy some items, TRY TO PURCHASE some form of SHOES. Many people skip shoes to buy AP-Damage-Health-Armor relevant items first before shoes. IF it's B.F. Sword or Needlessly Large Rod, I can't say no to buy in first 11 minutes. However, if you're gonna buy Ruby Health Crystal over shoes, and you're in my team, I'm going to troll you so hard that you'd wanna jump out the window next to you. SO PLEASE try to buy shoes before you buy any other important items.