Warwick Build Guide by 12ampage
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
This is my first guide on mobafire. This build is still a work in progress but I've found great success with it early on. This build provides:
- Great early, mid, and late game play.
- A combination of great life steal, Garrison, and damage allow for exceptional tower defense (1v1, 2v1, and even 3v1).
- Boots of Speed, Prospector's Blade, and health potions provide the optimal initial build to allow Warwick to push top in the beginning and hold it deep into the first crucial minutes of dominion.
- This build will allow you to 1v1 almost any champion in the game. The build is especially efficient with dealing with Jax (a popular dominion champion choice).
Here are my last 10 games using this build. You will notice in my two losses I was one of the top players on my team, but I didn't have the support to win the game.
One specific example of this builds potential:
Choice of summoner spell can vary greatly. However, I most commonly find myself using Garrison and Exhaust.
- Garrison - Essential for tower defending and diving. The spell provides just enough time to get the upper hand on any number of enemy champions.
- Exhaust - A great skill for defending towers. Cast exhaust as soon as an enemy champion commits to a tower dive. The combination of Warwick's attack and the tower should quickly eliminate the enemy champion.
- Ignite - In dominion it is often hard to juggle chasing down an enemy low on health and defending a tower from remaining threats. Ignite, takes care of the chasing option which leaves you free to defend the tower.
- Flash - Originally, I always used flash. However, I find myself rarely using it as my life steel/vamp typically saves me from having to run away from a fight.
- Promote - This is a good option if you are more of a steady and slow pusher. However, most of the time I find I can dive the tower (with team assistance) and take it without having to worry about a minion push.
Do Not Use:
- Ghost - This is a waste on Warwick. Dominion is small enough of a map that your blood scent will almost always be active (increasing your map speed).
- Revive - Too long of a burn out which makes it useless in dominion.
- Heal - Obviously a waste of a spell with this life-steal heavy Warwick build.
At the start of the game you will choose the following 3 items.
- Boots of Speed - Important for fast map movement early on.
- Prospector's Blade - Provides sufficient damage and life steal to contribute to early push efforts.
- Health Potionx2 - Allows you to stick around after your teammates head back to heal after the initial top push.
With each trip back you will slowly pick up each of these items in this order.
- Sorcerer's Shoes - These boots are very important as the majority of the damage you will be doing is magic.
- Thornmail - This provides great survivability early in the game. It will allow you to 1v1 almost any champion and defend the tower.
- Hextech Gunblade - The gunblade will provide you with additional damage and life steal . At this point, you can begin playing more offence.
- Spirit Visage - Some people get this early in the game but I've found the thornmail is more important. The visage will increase both your life steal and health adding additional survivability.
- Wit's End - You can add a little bit of creativity with this pick. I typically pick Wit's end due to its versatility, but if your not facing a lot of magic you may choose to go with Sword of the Divine.
- Frozen Mallet - I've never actually made it this far into my build (due to short matches of dominion), but it seems like a logical pick to pull all the pieces together. Once again, if you make it this far into the match it is going to rely more on situation item selection.
Warwick counted himself amongst the most powerful and revered men in his home city-state of Zaun. Over the course of his infamous career as an alchemist, Warwick won many honors for his craft, not the least of which was a lucrative offer for service in the Noxian military during their campaigns against Ionia. Sequestered in his labs far from the front lines, Warwick and his apprentice Singed toiled relentlessly to manufacture all manner of appalling concoctions for the Noxian army. So potent was his art that even the greatest of Ionia's healers - under the leadership of the Starchild Soraka - struggled to combat the poisons and chemical weapons generated by his despicable mind. Warwick's reign of terror grew so horrific that his very name became a curse in the eyes of his Ionian foes, and they began referring to him only as ''The Deathmaker.''
But even one under the protection of the Noxian High Command is not wholly beyond the reach of retribution. For as Soraka strode across the myriad of death and destruction left in the wake of one of Warwick's chemical attacks, her heart finally gave way. She called down the wrath of the cosmos on Warwick, wishing that his form should mirror the cruelty in his heart - a curse that would come at the price of her aspiring divinity. Within his laboratory, a terrible thirst took hold over Warwick. As his apprentice looked on in horror, Warwick threw open the doors to his bastion and sprinted off toward parts unknown, a bloodcurdling howling marking his passage. He had become a werewolf; a wild, murderous beast. Today, the Blood Hunter fights for Noxus within the League of Legends... thankful of the curse that his now-mortal enemy bestowed upon him.
"The rage of the beast now complements his predatory spirit." - Singed, the Mad Chemist, upon witnessing his master's transformation