Build Guide by
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
This is a revised version of Arekno's build which I found more useful since Malady's stats were changed.
A very useful spell for first blood and later on for both killing and escaping. The uses for it will be explained later on.
Ghost is my personal preference. Others may say Trist does not need Ghost if she already has Rocket Jump and Exhaust, but Ghost can be very useful in both chasing down heroes, escaping, or rushing to battles.
Ghost vs other spells
Ghost vs Heal
Some people say heal is good as it helps you stay in battle longer. The reason I don't pick heal is because I get a health potion at the beginning. Another reason would be during escaping from being ganked. While slowed, heal only delays your death. Ghost will ensure you can get out of there even when slowed. It is also a very useful skill early game as will be explained later.
Ghost vs Teleport
With teleport you can't escape from ganks or battles when you are low health. Chasing down heroes is also a problem. Although Teleport can get you to battle quickly, Ghost can do so as well, although it isn't as quick, it works.
- Doran's Blade and a Health Potion will help you stay in lane till level 6 with the increased health. The life steal isn't much of a use.
- Boots of speed is pretty much self explanatory. Recurve bow, however, is the reason why Rapid Fire isn't hired earlier on. It is also leading up to your next item, Last Whisper.
- Berserker's Greaves further increases your attack speed, another reason why Rapid Fire isn't hired early.
- Last Whisper is essential as other than attack speed, Armor Penetration is required for you to be able to get kills more easily and for your Critical Damages to have maximum potential later on in the game.
- Zeal leads up to Phantom Dancer and gives you increased Attack Speed, the most important stat for Tristina, and Critical Damage.
- B.F. sword increases your damage and therefore increases your critical damage and is essential for Trist as it also leads into Infinity Edge.
- Phantom Dancer and Infinity edge is what gets Trist her easy kills. Increased Critical Damage chance and damage, attack speed, and movement speed allows Trist to take out even the toughest of Champions.
- If the game hasn't ended, get Frozen Mallet for the slow, Sell Doran's Blade and get Black Cleaver for further Armor Reduction, and sell Berserker's Greaves and get Sword of the Divine for the extra Attack Speed and Bonus Damage. Enhanced movement isn't needed as Phantom Dancer already increases your movement speed and so does Ghost.
Be quick. As soon as the game starts, buy Doran's Blade and a Health Potion. Immediately move to bottom or top lane into the first set of bushes in the middle while asking for a solo. This is where you will get your first kill.
Once you reach the bushes, Rocket Jump should already be hired. Rocket jump into the second set of bushes but not too far in so you can escape if needed. Have exhaust ready as you jump in. Here there will be three scenarios as you rocket jump in.
- One enemy hero is already in the bush. In this case, cast exhaust on him and begin attacking. First blood should be yours if he doesn't have a stun or exhaust. If he has a stun, he'll probably stun you and run. If he has exhaust, ghost out of there. Don't get too greedy with this kill. If he somehow manages to get away on low health, don't chase to the towers as towers do a lot of damage early game.
- Two enemy heroes are already in the bush. If you're good enough, cast exhaust on the one which will most likely be able to kill you, then Ghost the hell out of there.
- No enemies heroes. Perfect scenario. Wait on the edge closest to the enemy tower for a better view. If an enemy hero comes, wait for him to get near the bush then cast exhaust and begin attacking. First blood should be yours. If two enemy heroes come, get the hell out of there and back into the first bush. if you're fast enough, they wouldn't have seen you. If no heroes come until the creeps arrive, stay in the bush for the experience and if the hero is soloing, get ready for a kill when he enters the bush. If there are two heroes, get out of the bush and last hit the creeps for gold.
*If you're struggling to solo, ask for your ally's help.
Upon reaching level 6, Get your items and head over to mid lane where the enemy heroes should be lower level than you if they're not soloing. Here is where you hopefully get your first double kill. Ask your ally to let the enemy heroes push past the center of the map. Ghost walk out of the grass in the center and Buster Shot the closest enemy to your allies. Rocket Jump into the other enemy and cast exhaust. Attack the hero and hopefully get a kill if he doesn't escape. If your ally fails to kill the hero which you had Buster Shot, Rocket Jump him if he's on low health. There is is your double kill. Head back to base to get your items and recharge.
Once you get your criticals and high attack speed, you should continue to gank and own. In the worst case scenario where your team is getting owned, push a lane with rocket jump and explosive shot combo and teleport back to your base once you reach the river to push another lane. Don't stay in a lane for too long to avoid getting ganked.
Most importantly, Have fun :D