Build Guide by LoLguy12
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Early Game- Jungling
With trundle I ALWAYS choose to jungle. In higher ELO games jungling is pretty much required and benefits your team greatly. It allows you 2 solo lanes and you get alot of gold and exp if your the jungler. The jungling path for trundle is simple. You start out with a Cloth Armor and 5x Health Potions. You first want to wait in the brush next to the golem camp untill about 1:30 to ensure they dont try to gank you. At 1:30 you run over to the wolf camp and using Rabid Bite, you take out the ONLY the big wolf. You may choose to use a Health Potion here but I dont feel it's necessary. Then, the jungling pattern is simple. You take out the Blue Buff camp, finish off the other 2 wolves and grab Red Buff once Smite is back up. At this point you should just find wraith, wolf, or golem camps to keep your level and gold up. By Lvl 6, you should have Wriggle's and either your boots of speed, or if you were lucky and got a kill, your Mercury Treads.
Mid Game- Ganking
Because you were a jungler you have a great advantage over your enemies. The element of surprise. Your enemies wont worry about you besides the odd ward here and there, but mainly they'll keep an eye on their lane opponents. This gives a chance to gank. To gank with trundle you should ALWAYS have Red Buff and preferably, Blue Buff as well. To set up a standard gank, you wait in the brush untill your prey push up the lane as much as possible. At this time you pop ghost and run at them putting up a Pillar of Filth behind them and using Contaminate to ensure CC doesnt have much effect on you. When your in range, spam Rabid Bite and use Agony if they start to get near to the turret, just enough to help you tank 1 or 2 turret hits, if necessary. Rinse and repeat this ganking set up untill your teammates begin to grow a level advantage. This will help your team ALOT. More than you think to be honest. By Lvl 11 you should have Wriggle's, Mercury Treads, and hopefully Frozen Mallet if your ganking really well.
Late Game- Teamfights/Pushing
Now that youv'e most likely racked up a few kills, and have some nice little items with you, it's time to talk about teamfights and positioning. Now, if you're in a game with say an Amumu, a Nasus, a Garen and say a Ryze, theres no need AT ALL for you to initiate or charge in first, but if your team is full of squishies and casters, then you may have to sacrifice yourself for the greater good of the team... That being said, when you do charge in, ALWAYS hit Agony as soon as you see the tank and then hit the carry HARD. Do everything possible to ensure their carry dies. Use Pillar of Filth when you see him start to run, and Contaminate as soon as the fight begins. Because you used Agony on the tank for armor and health, it should allow you to stay in the fight and tear it up once the carry is taken out. In the way of pushing, its quite simple. When attacking a turret or inhibitor, just throw down Contaminate, it will raise your attack speed and if they try to gank you, it will reduce CC duration. By Lvl 18 you should have up to your Trinity Force and begin building your Black Cleaver and Spirit Visage.
Why did I chose these Items?
The answer to most our pretty simple.
1. Wriggle's Lantern is a MUST on trundle because it gives you a ward to get rid of any chance of them ganking you in the jungle. The madred razor in the item will allow you to eat creeps so fast its ridiculous, and the life steal gets rid of any need for Health Potions.
2. Mercury Treads combined with Contaminate make you an unstoppable killing machine. Literally...
3. Frozen Mallet is an obvious choice as well. The health, the damage, the slow on hit, just SCREAM trundle in my opinion.
4. Trinity Force is questionable, but once you try it, you wont have a doubt in your mind. It has EVERYTHING a guy could want. The AP seems kind of lame, but it does help with your Ult which then helps with your survivability. Plus, the Sheen proc helps with your damage SO MUCH.
5. Why Black Cleaver? Why not? It gives attack speed, a ton of damage, and even though its not really your job, you will be able to NOM NOM NOM the **** out of any tank.
6. Spirit Visage is just kind of a "Seal the Deal" item that helps you stay in fights alot. Its heal boost makes your passive GODLIKE because if a high health champion dies, its like using a summoner heal. It also gives you health and magic res.