Wukong Build Guide by Trustme
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Wukong is more an ability hero than a fighter, today I am showing you how to build a tanky wukong for strong mid-game and late. Not only you can tank, but kill too. My build will show you to have a stable early game (it depends on you how you control it at the start of the game) and at mid you will be able to take burst of damage and deal a bunch of painful blow.
This build allow you to survive longer when solo, and not to die quick when team fights occur. Hope that this guide will be useful for all Wukong user. The main thing for being tanky is to counter assassins, Ap hero and most important for your ultimate to work efficiently in team fights, most of the wukong will die or low in hp before he could release his ultimate skill.
This build is greatly effective against AD wukong too...
As you can see, my wukong game play have a high positive score than death. Most of the time, before i could finish building frozen mallet the game would have ended.
I play Wukong as a laner rather than a roamer, or a person who try to gank people much. Think defensive rather than attacking but due to your tanky health , it can cover your failure if your attack fail and need to retreat.
Try to take Katarina or Akali as food, as you know wukong can counter them badly (Kat's ulti will break if you use your ulti) so do not be afraid of them.
You will need at least 2 mana potion for early game due to his low mana capacity.
- I take flash for chasing opponent or to escape from gank. It works well with Decoy
- Ignite is great for cleaning up kills rather than chasing cause Wukong is not a quick speed hero and it would be a big risk for chasing the enemy
- It gives you 120 health and armor, whats not to like ?
- Getting this first rather than boots because it give you great defense when you are against any AP hero at early game and stop them from harassing you with spells.
- With this item you can start harassing the enemy, and not to be afraid of dying quickly.
- With this item your damage will increase massively due to your warmog and it gives you armor against AD hero.
- Frozen mallet increase your health and 30 damage, slows enemy when you attack them. Don't worry that they could escape
If they have too many AP hero or their AP is too strong for you, i would recommend you to take FoN after Atma or last of your item ( if you do not need it immediately)
Why not these item?
- I pick warmog over trinity force because it takes too long to buy it and it wouldnt give you much advantage of health at early game.
- Yes, everyone loves bloodthirster especially AD hero. Who wouldnt want life steal? But you are a tanky wukong, i would recommend to take Hp regenerate rather than life steal due to your slow attack speed.
Your attack speed is slow?
Wukong is not much of a attack champion, so you wouldnt need item like Phantom dancer or any item to increase your attack speed. Wukong depend on his Crushing blow to deal heavy damage and Nimbus strike to chase people down.
Atma and Frozen mallet give you a great increase on damage so you will be able to kill champion rather than just a tanker.
This build is not much detail on how to play wukong, cause by my guess most of you know it. It just show how you can make yourself tanky and kill. If there is any problem feel free to comment, and i do not mean by why is his AD so low or attack speed slow etc. If you wanted to ask that go read top at item list.
So thank you and hope that my build will be useful to all wukong user