Build Guide by jesusgamer
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
This is my first Build Guide created. I hope you find it useful while picking this champion. Tryndamere is a very simple but still challenging champion. He is well described as a carry and a melee champion. This build will describe how to play this champion effectively.
For those who wanted his background here it is:
There are those who choose not to live in one of the great city-states of Valoran. Instead, they live their lives in small villages or nomadic tribes. There are most certainly perils in these untamed lands, but there are also great freedoms that come from being removed from the politics of Runeterra. Tryndamere was born a member of one of these nomadic tribes, a large child of surprising strength. One year, as his clan moved south between the Howling Marsh and the Ironspike Mountains, they came across strangers in black garb. The elder went out to speak with them, but they cut him down mercilessly. They then began the slaughter of every man, woman, and child in the clan. Tryndamere, the sole survivor, hid under the dead bodies of his parents, swearing vengeance on those who took his people from him - the assassins of Noxus. He has since joined the League of Legends to bring honor to the memory of his people and to slake his rage on the champions of his hated foes.
''Beware of Tryndamere! His sword appeases the hunger of the soul-devouring dead.''
Pros / Cons
1) Crits are very common.
2) Ability to spin away from surprise attacks fairly easily. *Includes through some walls*
3) Ability to kill minions is simple. Yes, that includes early game too.
4) When close to death his critical abilities are increased by x per % of health gone.
5) With the items included a player has very fast movement.
6) Ultimate can make the champion immune to death for 6 seconds.
7) Very good late game damager. Tryndamere can crit late game for around 1k, or even for more than that.
8) His Bloodlust increases damage dealt, and it also can be used to heal himself for up to 400 health *does not calculate AP into that*
9) Mocking Shout makes Tryndameres ability to kill a fleeing enemy even easier because it slows the enemy as if it was a secondary exhaust.
1) Tryndamere is not very good at the beginning of games because of his lack of abilities to help farm on minions.
2) Like most champions, Tryndamere is considered very dependent on items throughout the game.
3) Tryndamere can be considered "challenging" to become familiar with. Abilities and techniques included.
4) Tryndamere's ultimate can be on the hard side to time correctly at first.
5) He tends to be a easy kill for AP champions because of his level of magical resistance.
6) His Mocking Shout may be hard to time in need of a gank. It must be used when an enemy is turned away from you. The most effective time to use it would be when engaging or when the enemy is fleeing away.
7) Tryndamere's ability to Spinning Slash away from a situation can be a challenge because of the short distance it travels.
8) Most people build against a Tryndamere as soon as they see one.
Greater Mark of Desolation
The reason I picked this rune for Tryndamere is because of the opponents building armor up against your team. Most 3v3's or 5v5's consist of at least one, or even two Physical damage champions. If your opponent is going to build against you it is good to have armor penetration so that you can inflict more damage to that player.
Greater Seal of Vitality
The reason I picked this rune for Tryndamere is because he seems to be too quick to need Undying Rage early game. With these runes I saw a change in the use of his ultimate, Undying Rage. Tryndamere's ultimate seems to be used less and seemed to survive a lot longer without needed to go back for health potions, or to unnecessarily waste the use on his healing ability.
Greater Glyph of Furor
This rune very useful to help Tryndamere's critical strikes do more damage, especially in the start of a game. Tryndamere seems to lack critical strikes early game which is why these runes are brought into play. I do not believe in using all rune slots for simply just critical damage or critical chance runes. I never saw a major difference between using them and not using them.
Exhaust is one of my personal favorite summoner spells to use. Not only does it slow your opponent, but it also reduces your target's Attack Damage by 70% and Ability/Item damage by 35%! It is perfect to have for back up when killing an opponent. The opponent may survive the time of run speed decrease from Mocking Shout, but what happens if they get away? Exhaust may prevent that from happening. I have never regretted using exhaust on Tryndamere, so test it out!
Ghost... Can't live without it. Ghost can be super effective when in need of survival. Even though this champion has the ability to endure any damage taken for 6 seconds without dying he needs something else to help ensure survival. Ghost is a multi use spell that prevents death at times, but can also ensure killing an opponent. An enemy may run away in a fight, but ghost can counteract that by eliminating collision with minions and granting increased run speed by as much as 35% for around 6 seconds! It has been very useful in my times playing tryndamere.
Thank you for looking at my guide, and I hope it will be of service to you. I must say that I give people who make one or even multiple builds for other people a lot more credit after seeing all the effect put into just one guide.
Feel free to give suggestions/comments about this build.
Enjoy your games everyone!