Nami Build Guide by Aeron P
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Nami - the most viable support
My standard build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome to my Nami build!
This is my first guide but I have been playing Supporters for some time now (as mains).
I started off as an AD carry on bot lane the first champs being Ashe and Vayne.
Out of initial frustration about bad laning partner play I finally picked up Support myself.
My first support champ was Taric then switching to Alistar and Soraka. Finally I picked up Janna, Leona and
What I find important for a supporter is to have stuns and/or disables.
It doesn't matter if you even want to pick up another champion to support your AD carry as long as you don't take away his farm (Taric is allowed to hit minions but not last hit).
Another important task a supporter has is to get his AD carry kills and in that sense needs to scare and poke the enemies. In this way you give your partner freedom for farming and laning.
For this purpose I came up with this build that guarantees that you don't steal kills and with almost 15 gold per 10 seconds get enough resources for not having to steal any farm from the AD carry. Even in case you loose the lane or don't get any assists you still have sufficient money to buy important items for supporting your team.
I am currently still working on my chapters but the main part from above can be considered fixed.
Abilities (Why you should play her)
In this chapter I am going to compare her to other supports:
My opinion is in general it is the nicests combination of many support champion abilities.
As every champion she needs to be mastered first to be useful to your AD carry.
But you need to also teach them (AD carries) to get closer in distance to combine the damage with heal that switches to magic damage on the opponent.
The skill shot stun is hard to land (calculating in the delay), but since it can stun many opponents at the same time it is pretty OP and can save from ganks if used well.
Ulti comes nicest when used unexpectedly or from a bush or behind a wall, when the enemy doesn't expect it.
Here a list of abilities compared
1. Passive - every spell that touches an enemy makes him slower and you as well as partner faster - compare to Lulu's that only comes from her Q
2. Q - stun better than taric although hard to land stuns more than one champ - compare to sonar only with ulti (R) causing longer cool down rate -
3. W - heal as effective as soraka's heal - Alistar's / Taric's / Nidalee's heal are weak compared - additionally it does damage and slow to enemy and can heal multiple champs if casted on ally while both enemy and ally in range
4. E - buff comparable with Janna's buff (not giving shield but additional magic damage and movement speed though - slow on enemy when hit by AD carry) - Lulu's whimsy (same here about shield..) and Karmas atk dmg buff
5. R - ulti short stun and slow not as OP but depending on situation can decide a team fight
Pros / Contras
• heal and damage in one
• combines heal stun damage buff slows in one champ
• gives AD carry space to farm
• keeps enemies away from lane
• saves AD carry from ganks
• good escape from enemies (with slow and speed spells)
• squishy champ
• ulti not strong enough
• uses a lot of mana (depending on pressure from enemy AD carry)
• the stun (Q) is hard to land