Shen Build Guide by Naneo
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Super Support Shen!
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Shen Owns Anyone
|Hello All, thank you for visiting my very, very newbie guide. I am Naneo, here to bring you a Shen guide. Shen is one of the best tanks in the game, since he is pretty much just a tank depending how you build him. Today I shall tell you what I build in games. Honestly this build is based off of Armor, since I am under the assumption that you are going bottom lane. Well, have fun reading this guide. Please give me constructive criticism and feed back. :D
// SPECIAL THANKS: My Thanks to jhoijhoi for the nicely fitted template, which you can find here.
Pros / Cons
+ Epic SuperHero Save Move
+ Good Initiation
+ Tanks towers like they are nothing
+ Super Heals for your Team
+ Epic Personal Mini Shield
Shen has the best global ultimate in the whole game. Locket of the Iron Solari is a great choice for Shen, just for the fact of its great shield and can restore Shen's shield when he ulti's another champion just like it did before.
- Hard to master
- Shen gets banned in Ranked.
- Deals Minor damage unless AP Shen
Shen is a champion that needs constant map awarenss. Without it, you will miss all your ultimates and can throw the game pretty pretty hard. Be sure to know when to ultimate.
- Greater Quintessence of Armor: This will give you a tiny bit more armor, and will be able to tank more in the beginning
- Greater Mark of Armor: More Armor against that pesky ADC.
- Greater Glyph of Armor: More armor or Greater Glyph of Magic Resist against that mean support.
- Greater Seal of Armor: ADC's won't touch you.
Flash: Get away and positioning skill to catch run-aways or get a better taunt
Exhaust: Exhaust is very useful since you are a support and you may need this to save your or your ADC's life.
Teleport: More map mobility. Allows you to get around the map faster. I wouldn't put this on a support Shen, but if I am not support, I would greatly recommend this.
- Ki Strike: This works like a Sheen. Except it has a cooldown of 8 seconds and is triggered by basic attacks.
- Vorpal Blade (Q): Your epic heal over time move. Restoring your health in battle with a warmog and this skill will allow you to stay in fights a little longer than most tanks can.
- Feint (W): Super sustain shield go! Feint isn't as overpowered as it use to be, but I still level it up before any of my skills to avoid giving the other team unnecessary kills while Shen is being awesome on the battlefield.
- Shadow Dash (E): Your initiation tool. You take 50% less damage from all sources for some time allowing you to become OP Tank Shen for a very short period of time.
- Stand United (R): Shen is the super hero to all ally champions on the battlefield. He saves their lives not once,as many times as he feels the need to.
Ability Sequence Order
|// Feint allows sustain for laning phase. Damage is the second priority for a tank. You want to be able to sustain hits from the enemy Attack Damage Carry, Attack Damage Caster or Ability Power Carry, Ability Power Caster.|
|thornmail is very useful early game due to its passive. You also get the benefit of 100 armor.|
|Warmog gives insane health and takes care of the need for pots.|
|Nice active and passive and 70 armor and 500 health for you.|
|Allows you to stay in fights and come out of nowhere.|
|Can be easily traded for merc treds. Boots are situational.|
|Deathfire grasp size=40]||Some Ability Power and a nice active.|
|Shen is one of my favorite champs in League of Legends to play. He has great CC, nice shield, and a healing tool. This was my Shen guide and I hope you like it! If I had any flaws then please tell me below!
// SPECIAL THANKS: Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.