Twitch General Guide by X_SoulStealer_X
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Twitch's attacks infect the target with Deadly Venom, which deals damage each second, stacks up to 6 times, and lasts up to 8 seconds.
Comments: Deadly Venom is what makes Twitch's skills more effective. It is an on hit effect that can be stacked up to six times. That being said, the goal of a Twitch player SHOULD be to get as many hits in on an opponent to better utilize the effectiveness of his skills.
Twitch hides in the shadows, waiting for a nearby enemy. If he attacks, he will gain bonus attack speed.
After 1.25 seconds, Twitch becomes stealthed for 20/30/40/50/60 seconds. If Twitch attacks a unit while Stealthed, he gains 20/30/40/50/60% attack speed for up to 10 seconds, depending on how long he was stealthed before attacking.
Comments: Ah yes, infamous stealth. This is twitch's double edged sword. It can get you safely to many places. Early game it can be used for scouting, attack speed boost out of stealth is nice as well, and it will overall make you an annoying ***** to deal with. However, the fine line of stealth being an advantage is that it can be countered, and as long as the enemy is smart, they will shut you down if you are not careful.
Infects a target with a crippling poison, slowing his movement speed.
Slows nearby enemy champions' move speed by 30%, plus 6% per stack of Deadly Venom they have.
2.5/3.25/4/4.75/5.25 second duration.
Comments: As said earlier the more hits you get, the more effective Twitch's skills become. This is a great example of that. At max stacks, this is an 66% slow. Best thing about Deb. Poison is that its effectiveness is the same at all levels. Only the duration is changed as you level the skill up.
All nearby enemies secrete Twitch's toxic venom from their bodies, dealing damage for each stack.
Deals 30/60/90/120/150 (+1) magic damage to each nearby poisoned enemy, plus 20/30/40/50/60 additional damage per stack of Deadly Venom applied to them.
Comments: This is why I call my 'e' key on my keyboard the kill button now. Early game this should be applied as Twitch's primary killing move. I have seen too many people say stuff like: "Use this to farm creeps!" Do not do this. If you do, you are in a slight need of adjustments. If you are Twitch then you should master last hitting and conserve your mana for when it is needed.
Spray and Pray
Twitch closes his eyes and fires his crossbow as fast as he can, spraying piercing arrows ahead of him.
Twitch gains 40/60/80% attack speed and his attacks become 1000 range line missiles for 7 seconds, dealing 100% damage and poisoning all enemies hit.
Comments: Although Spray and Pray has been the target of much balancing in the game, it still serves its same purpose. Hitting as many enemies as you can in a straight line during a team fight. The skill can also out range towers, but as a good Twitch, you shouldn't be wasting your ult hitting a tower anyway. This skill is your ONLY contribution in a team fight, so save it for when it counts.
His Pros and Cons
- Stealth! You choose when to engage and when not to! You force your enemies to play differently than if it were against a non-stealther.
- AoE Slow - Debilitating Poison hits everyone around and has a huge range.
- AoE Finisher - Expunge is your kill move early game, nuff said.
- Ultimate that can hit everything it passes for 100% damage that applies all on hit effects and criticals. (If you crit the person it hits first, then the whole bolt crits everything it hits. If the person hit first dodges, then the bolt will be dodged by all the people.)
- Very Low HP
- Ugly Character Model that doesn't have red skin
- Low magic resistance! Get owned by Annieeeee
- People hate you and call you a noob
- Relies HEAVILY on items to be even slightly useful in your team.
- Relies HEAVILY on your team to protect you to maximize your damage.
How i play him
Critism/Reasoning: I know a lot of Twitches that don't even get expunge till later in the game. They think its a worthless move and would rather have increased attack speed and slow duration. These same twitches go attack speed and armor penetration runes...at lvl 7 if I didn't have lvl 4 expunge, with lvl 3 ambush and lvl 3 debiliting poison, I would be firing pretty fast. I would be able to slow them and get another couple shots in... okay spray and pray if they try to run, but what if in that time they flash into a bush and you're trying to chase and they are about to get away... where is your finisher?... oh that's right, you didn't have expunge... Take this for example, one time in mid, I fought a twitch that was seemingly attack speed centered. What happened? Well... We exchanged fire. We both dealth around 70 damage to one another, he hit me faster, but I crit him at times... then when I was at around 200 health he had 300. We both had stacks of deadly venom going... He probably thought he was going to win. Sadly, I pressed E with my lvl 4 expunge, and that was the end of that. You have to EXPUNGE PEOPLE! Keep a close watch on your opponent's HP, once they reach below 400-500, expunge them for instant death. DO NOT expunge minions, and DO NOT waste mana by expunging someone after hitting them twice. That is not harassment, that is a waste of mana. You want 5-6 stacks of your deadly venom before expunging.
Farming getting gold
Farming Method Early Game:
As a long range character with 1 in 4 crit chance, you should be pretty good at last hitting. Your attack speed is pretty good too, so it will allow some leeway in the timing of your last hitting. I cannot stress enough about last hitting though, the sooner you get your boots and life steal, the sooner you can start ganking.
Farming Method Mid Game:
So you have your boots and can get around more easily, and you have your life steal and attack speed up... Time to farm champions :D You, as Twitch, are an assassin and rightful so. Go grab lizard buff and start ganking, make your opponents under leveled and fear your presence. This will force them to waste gold on wards and oracles. Keep a close look at what your opponents buy and perhaps buy and oracles yourself to kill their wards. IF you are successful during this stage of the game, then its smooth sailing. If you do not do your part during this phase of the game, or if your opponents are smart enough to escape your cluthes, then you are in for a tough road ahead. Twitch can only really do anything when he has his equips. Otherwise, he is just a tickling autoattacker.
Farming Method End Game:
End game is about team fights and pushing lanes/inhibitors. No farming unless its clearing minion waves near your towers/base.
Get lizard at all times. Steal the enemy's lizard. Lizard Lizard Lizard. Did I mention my favorite color is red? :D Watch out for Udyr too, you cannot kill him 1v1 until you get your equips and even then, he might still get you because of damage mitigation and reliable stuns. An interesting note about Lizard buff. Not only does it significantly increase your DPS in the beginning with added slow effect, but... when combined with spray and pray, assuming of course you hit with the first bolt, even the so called, kiting of SnP to avoid all its attacks excuse is nullified. This means, that, even if they run sideways to try to evade your bolts at max range, as long as you have my attack speed, all the bolts will hit. They will either have to move away, which you SHOULD flash forward and hit them again, then expunge. x)
1. Twitch is benefited from increased attack speed due to his skills becoming more effective the more stacks of deadly venom you have on an opponent.
2. Twitch is highly team reliant, but should be played opportunistically and aggressively.
3. Do NOT take mid lane, you cannot gank effectively if you are in mid and leave it unprotected. You are just asking for your tower to be downed.
4. Go for crit runes to have a 1 in 4 chance of critting at the beginning of the game. doing 110-120 damage to a champion every four hits is devastating.
5. Lane with a champion with stun.
6. Make friends with good tanks. (for you tank players reading this guide add me, I'm KaitenRen LOL)
7. Twitch is to be played intelligently. Not cautiously, but intelligently. Remember you are nothing without the kills to get your items, so you can't sit around and just level up or be a pansy and not gank.
8. ALWAYS get lizard buff.
9. An Ideal team to have would be two tanks with good CC, a Morgana or Card Master, and another carry.
10. E is for Expunge, The Kill Button. Thanks, and Please Rate :)