get
prime

Udyr Build Guide by Vort

This build has been archived and is for historical display only.

PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.

We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.



Not Updated For Current Season

This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.


44K
Views
36
Comments
13
Votes
League of Legends Build Guide Author Vort

*Udyr Jungle

Vort Last updated on June 9, 2014
Like Build on Facebook Tweet This Build Share This Build on Reddit

Quick Comment

You need to log in before commenting.

[-] Collapse All Comments

Sort Comments By
1
[-]
Elemming#87293 | June 16, 2012 9:49am
Vort wrote:


Why thank you!

I think Maw of Malmortius could potentially be a very strong item with Tiger Udyr, however I don't see it working out nearly as well with Phoenix. The reason Phoenix is strong is because it has a very high base damage. It only really scales well with attack speed, and as such, a tanky build with a moderate amount of attack speed is what I feel works best with Phoenix stance. I don't feel Udyr has strong enough AP scalings to justify building Ginsoo's Rageblade, no matter how you build him. It's simply not a strong late game item on him, and not a cost-effective early or mid game item on him.
1
[-]
Vort (50) | May 28, 2012 2:44pm

found this to be quite helpful

^ ^ <3's
1
[-]
The_Nameless_Bard (604) | May 28, 2012 9:21am
found this to be quite helpful
1
[-]
Vort (50) | May 21, 2012 6:49am
Quoted:

great guide i might even give udyr one more chance couse i have never relly like tiger udyr and i ahve never gotten succes with udyr

do u think Maw of Malmortius or even Guinsoo's Rageblade would work ?

Why thank you!

I think Maw of Malmortius could potentially be a very strong item with Tiger Udyr, however I don't see it working out nearly as well with Phoenix. The reason Phoenix is strong is because it has a very high base damage. It only really scales well with attack speed, and as such, a tanky build with a moderate amount of attack speed is what I feel works best with Phoenix stance. I don't feel Udyr has strong enough AP scalings to justify building Ginsoo's Rageblade, no matter how you build him. It's simply not a strong late game item on him, and not a cost-effective early or mid game item on him.
1
[-]
Elemming#87293 | May 20, 2012 1:57pm
great guide i might even give udyr one more chance couse i have never relly like tiger udyr and i ahve never gotten succes with udyr

do u think Maw of Malmortius or even Guinsoo's Rageblade would work ?
1
[-]
Vort (50) | May 8, 2012 2:20am
And while we're on the topic of dieing for free... xD
1
[-]
jhoijhoi (1881) | May 8, 2012 1:24am
:P For being the damage soaker of awesome? :P
1
[-]
Vort (50) | May 3, 2012 1:17am

if u want as y not are u build pd and strt dagger? u need wiggle's and 5 doubleswards to win as udeer

I believe it would be accurate to assume that you just wiggled somewhere around the range of four to six times.
1
[-]
UnorthodoxTactics | April 28, 2012 5:17pm
if u want as y not are u build pd and strt dagger? u need wiggle's and 5 doubleswards to win as udeer
1
[-]
Vort (50) | March 24, 2012 9:53pm

Why Pheonix Stance is the first?

So you can clear jungle quickly?
1
[-]
victordabull | March 24, 2012 11:56am
Why Pheonix Stance is the first?
1
[-]
Vort (50) | March 9, 2012 11:02am
excessblam wrote:

I love Udyr but I'm always Tiger/Turtle for sustain or Tiger/Bear for mobility/gank

This is the best Phoenix advice I've seen.

Why thank you! I'm a personal fan of tiger for lane, but I do believe that phoenix is superior in the jungle, as the clear speeds are significantly faster. It also scales much better without damage items, and I prefer to build Udyr quite heavily tanky.
1
[-]
excessblam | March 8, 2012 1:20pm
I love Udyr but I'm always Tiger/Turtle for sustain or Tiger/Bear for mobility/gank

This is the best Phoenix advice I've seen.
1
[-]
Vort (50) | February 25, 2012 10:25am

udyr is Tank

Yes, yes he is. He's either a bruiser or a tank. How observant you are.
Druwolf100 wrote:

Its ok

That's what she said.
1
[-]
Druwolf100 | February 24, 2012 4:30pm
Its ok
1
[-]
psychosmurf | February 23, 2012 6:31pm
udyr is Tank
1
[-]
Vort (50) | January 11, 2012 6:07pm
jhoijhoi wrote:

Maybe make a small chapter about Wriggle's and why you don't get it.

Thanks, and done! ^ ^
1
[-]
Vort (50) | January 11, 2012 5:45pm
d'aww, thanks you guys!
1
[-]
Temzilla (211) | January 11, 2012 5:35pm
jorvie wrote:

You need a wriggles lantarn sorry


****in ******s.
1
[-]
jhoijhoi (1881) | January 11, 2012 5:35pm
Very well written, neatly presented and I like how you respond in the comments section. Maybe make a small chapter about Wriggle's and why you don't get it (as I too, was going to ask this question, but found you answered it fantastically in the comment section).

Great guide, +1.
1
[-]
Vort (50) | January 11, 2012 5:19pm
jorvie wrote:

You need a wriggles lantarn sorry

Made an account just to troll me? I'm flattered <3
--
You need a wriggles if you run jungle tiger, but it'll actually slow down your jungle on phoenix, as you'll be putting off gold that'd otherwise be spent on attack speed, which, on phoenix, boosts your clear speeds much more than a wriggles. As for the sustain argument -- turtle will keep you more than healthy enough throughout your low level clears. Could have sworn I went over this in the guide.
1
[-]
jorvie | January 10, 2012 12:11am
You need a wriggles lantarn sorry
1
[-]
Vort (50) | December 5, 2011 5:06pm

Legitness is op. QQ nerf udyr now.

ohyeswhythanks
1
[-]
NoobLikeThis (6) | December 5, 2011 5:05pm
Legitness is op. QQ nerf udyr now.
1
[-]
Vort (50) | December 3, 2011 3:02am
Shrillex wrote:

Very good build. Was able to carry my team 4v5.


Thankyeh and good to hear!
1
[-]
Shrillex (39) | December 2, 2011 8:13am
Very good build. Was able to carry my team 4v5.
1
[-]
Vort (50) | November 10, 2011 7:59pm
Khazem wrote:

Very good Udyr build and a nice well-written guide. A few suggestions:

- Consider taking a point out of Meditation for Blink of an Eye . The reduced cooldown on flash can be pretty clutch.
- I like the item builds but I don't think Sunfire Cape is worth getting on Udyr. I personally prefer getting a Randuin's Omen much faster after Wit's End and then start building magic resistance with Force of Nature. If you're building Sunfire Cape AND Randuin's Omen first, you'll be low on magic resistance for quite a while. Instead, consider an Atma's Impaler to round out your build for some extra damage and the armor of a Sunfire Cape.
- You could expand your jungling section a bit by maybe adding a picture of Summoner's Rift pointing out the jungle routes and/or a video explaining the routes.
- Maybe add a small something about counter jungling as Phoenix Udyr is incredibly strong at that.

Overall, I like the guide and I think it deserves an upvote


Thankya ^ ^

-I like the masteries idea. I'll definitely consider it. I don't use flash too frequently on Udyr, but the cooldown reduction can definitely come in handy. Either way, i'll probably be tweaking the summoners when they nerf flash, so we'll see.
- Atma's Impaler is a decent choice, though more set for a Tiger Stance build, in my opinion. Sunfire Cape synergizes well with the playstyle of phoenix udyr in that he acts, to a degree, as a damage aura tank. It gives him a nice boost to that AoE damage output, and furthermore, a hefty chunk of health. And as for the magic resistance, between the Quints, Mercury's Treads, and Wit's End, you'll usually be fine for magic resistances up until your Force of Nature. If not, there's room to build the Negatron Cloak earlier, which will more than cover most magic resistance needs. A Randuin's Omen before the Sunfire Cape is very reasonable as well. I prefer the Sunfire Cape in most cases, at it'll help out with clear speeds, but either will work very well.
-Thanks for the idea, I'll most certainly consider at least a jungling map.
-And... I do have a bit about counter-jungling early game. But I'll look into writing up a mid-game counter-jungling/buff stealing section.

Thanks again for the vote/comments!
1
[-]
Khazem (186) | November 10, 2011 7:24pm
Very good Udyr build and a nice well-written guide. A few suggestions:

- Consider taking a point out of Meditation for Blink of an Eye . The reduced cooldown on flash can be pretty clutch.
- I like the item builds but I don't think Sunfire Cape is worth getting on Udyr. I personally prefer getting a Randuin's Omen much faster after Wit's End and then start building magic resistance with Force of Nature. If you're building Sunfire Cape AND Randuin's Omen first, you'll be low on magic resistance for quite a while. Instead, consider an Atma's Impaler to round out your build for some extra damage and the armor of a Sunfire Cape.
- You could expand your jungling section a bit by maybe adding a picture of Summoner's Rift pointing out the jungle routes and/or a video explaining the routes.
- Maybe add a small something about counter jungling as Phoenix Udyr is incredibly strong at that.

Overall, I like the guide and I think it deserves an upvote
1
[-]
Vort (50) | November 10, 2011 5:21pm

So, looking through this, it is quite a good build. Personally, I like to go hybrid udyr, (also solo top), but this is definately solid. A bit short, though, perhaps u can go into a bit of the gameplay of udyr as well.

Thanks, and yeah. I don't use this build in lane. In fact, I rarely even build phoenix based in lane. I find it pushes the lane too much, and a tiger/turtle opening in lane is a good bit better from my experience. I'm definitely going to expand on the gameplay a bit. I just wanted to get the build out there.
1
[-]
JakofAllSpaydes (110) | November 10, 2011 5:17pm
So, looking through this, it is quite a good build. Personally, I like to go hybrid udyr, (also solo top), but this is definately solid. A bit short, though, perhaps u can go into a bit of the gameplay of udyr as well.
1
[-]
Vort (50) | November 10, 2011 5:17pm
LostTRoll wrote:

imo i think you need wriggles if this guide is based on jungling. since the passive lets you hit 500 on a mion evry now and then you can easily clear your junle about 150%+ times faster than you normally would which means lvl faster; more time to invade enemies jungle; gank, etc. Also it lets you ward top or mid (bot has a support so yeah) for free

And your skill seqeunce i think you should put 5 in tiger instead of 5 in bear because since tiger is better late game than pheonix is and itll only make you lose like 5% which is a little compared to about 100 loss of dmg evry hit


In most cases, wriggles is definitely a near-necessity for jungling. Especially on a tiger stance based Udyr. However, on phoenix stance based udyr, it's... i'm tempted to say, a waste of gold. phoenix stance doesnt require a wriggles to jungle quickly, by any means, and due to the 3rd hit procs, a recurve bow will actually speed your jungle speeds up more than a wriggles would. If you built tiger stance, perhaps not, but this build focuses on phoenix stance. Also, due to the inherent ridiculous jungle speed of phoenix, you'll have plenty of time to invade the enemy jungle as is. And as for ward coverage, by not buying a wriggles (and not needing one), you'll effectively free up 1600 gold that you could justifiably spend on wards.

And yes, there is merit in getting 5 points in tiger stance towards the mid game, even on a phoenix build, as it will help you push towers, but given that you're jungling, you probably won't be pushing towers very often, and the extra mobility from bear stance levels will help you gank more effectively. In fights, on this build, there is basically no reason to use tiger stance, as phoenix stance, with the occasional bear to stun or turtle to shield, will deal more sustained damage than tiger stance would. And I disagree with the statement that tiger stance is better late game. Simply put, I feel phoenix will deal a good bit more damage, single target, or AoE, than tiger would, and with phoenix, given the nature of the damage, you can afford the leisure of building almost entirely tanky, and still do excellent damage.
1
[-]
Vort (50) | November 10, 2011 5:03pm

Tiger's real overplayed, you're right. Phoenix Udyr tends to offer more to your team rather than self benefit. Pretty good guide, albeit a bit short. You could add a section on things to do in a teamfight, and better detail ways to pull off your "devastating ganks". Additionally, adding optional runes and summoner spells could be nice because some people have different preferences and are too dense to understand that what you say isn't set in stone. For the most part, really good, and the item build is solid. +1 for sure.

Thankya, and noted. Heh, 'devastating ganks.' force flash and walk away.
1
[-]
crazieshado (15) | November 10, 2011 4:59pm
Tiger's real overplayed, you're right. Phoenix Udyr tends to offer more to your team rather than self benefit. Pretty good guide, albeit a bit short. You could add a section on things to do in a teamfight, and better detail ways to pull off your "devastating ganks". Additionally, adding optional runes and summoner spells could be nice because some people have different preferences and are too dense to understand that what you say isn't set in stone. For the most part, really good, and the item build is solid. +1 for sure.
1
[-]
LostTRoll (8) | November 10, 2011 4:53pm
imo i think you need wriggles if this guide is based on jungling. since the passive lets you hit 500 on a mion evry now and then you can easily clear your junle about 150%+ times faster than you normally would which means lvl faster; more time to invade enemies jungle; gank, etc. Also it lets you ward top or mid (bot has a support so yeah) for free

And your skill seqeunce i think you should put 5 in tiger instead of 5 in bear because since tiger is better late game than pheonix is and itll only make you lose like 5% which is a little compared to about 100 loss of dmg evry hit
1
[-]
Vort (50) | November 10, 2011 4:42pm
Thankya sir, i look forward to playing with a non-tiger udyr for a change.
1
[-]
NoobLikeThis (6) | November 10, 2011 4:41pm
Nice, going to try this, seems pretty legit.