Mobafire Network

Udyr Build Guide by Vort

This build has been archived and is for historical display only.

PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.

We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.



41K
Views
36
Comments
13
Votes
Like Build on Facebook Tweet This Build Share This Build on Reddit
League of Legends Build Guide Author Vort

*Udyr Jungle

Vort Last updated on June 9, 2014
Comments (page 1 of 4)
NoobLikeThis's Forum Avatar by NoobLikeThis » November 10, 2011 4:41pm | Report

Nice, going to try this, seems pretty legit.

Vort's Forum Avatar by Vort » November 10, 2011 4:42pm | Report

Thankya sir, i look forward to playing with a non-tiger udyr for a change.


LostTRoll's Forum Avatar by LostTRoll » November 10, 2011 4:53pm | Report

imo i think you need wriggles if this guide is based on jungling. since the passive lets you hit 500 on a mion evry now and then you can easily clear your junle about 150%+ times faster than you normally would which means lvl faster; more time to invade enemies jungle; gank, etc. Also it lets you ward top or mid (bot has a support so yeah) for free

And your skill seqeunce i think you should put 5 in tiger instead of 5 in bear because since tiger is better late game than pheonix is and itll only make you lose like 5% which is a little compared to about 100 loss of dmg evry hit

crazieshado's Forum Avatar by crazieshado » November 10, 2011 4:59pm | Report

VOTED +1

Tiger's real overplayed, you're right. Phoenix Udyr tends to offer more to your team rather than self benefit. Pretty good guide, albeit a bit short. You could add a section on things to do in a teamfight, and better detail ways to pull off your "devastating ganks". Additionally, adding optional runes and summoner spells could be nice because some people have different preferences and are too dense to understand that what you say isn't set in stone. For the most part, really good, and the item build is solid. +1 for sure.


Check out my builds for Jarvan IV and Galio. Series: Reeducating the Masses on Building
Upvote my **** if you like it, and +rep me if I helped you out.
Vort's Forum Avatar by Vort » November 10, 2011 5:03pm | Report

crazieshado wrote:

Tiger's real overplayed, you're right. Phoenix Udyr tends to offer more to your team rather than self benefit. Pretty good guide, albeit a bit short. You could add a section on things to do in a teamfight, and better detail ways to pull off your "devastating ganks". Additionally, adding optional runes and summoner spells could be nice because some people have different preferences and are too dense to understand that what you say isn't set in stone. For the most part, really good, and the item build is solid. +1 for sure.

Thankya, and noted. Heh, 'devastating ganks.' force flash and walk away.


Vort's Forum Avatar by Vort » November 10, 2011 5:17pm | Report

LostTRoll wrote:

imo i think you need wriggles if this guide is based on jungling. since the passive lets you hit 500 on a mion evry now and then you can easily clear your junle about 150%+ times faster than you normally would which means lvl faster; more time to invade enemies jungle; gank, etc. Also it lets you ward top or mid (bot has a support so yeah) for free

And your skill seqeunce i think you should put 5 in tiger instead of 5 in bear because since tiger is better late game than pheonix is and itll only make you lose like 5% which is a little compared to about 100 loss of dmg evry hit


In most cases, wriggles is definitely a near-necessity for jungling. Especially on a tiger stance based Udyr. However, on phoenix stance based udyr, it's... i'm tempted to say, a waste of gold. phoenix stance doesnt require a wriggles to jungle quickly, by any means, and due to the 3rd hit procs, a recurve bow will actually speed your jungle speeds up more than a wriggles would. If you built tiger stance, perhaps not, but this build focuses on phoenix stance. Also, due to the inherent ridiculous jungle speed of phoenix, you'll have plenty of time to invade the enemy jungle as is. And as for ward coverage, by not buying a wriggles (and not needing one), you'll effectively free up 1600 gold that you could justifiably spend on wards.

And yes, there is merit in getting 5 points in tiger stance towards the mid game, even on a phoenix build, as it will help you push towers, but given that you're jungling, you probably won't be pushing towers very often, and the extra mobility from bear stance levels will help you gank more effectively. In fights, on this build, there is basically no reason to use tiger stance, as phoenix stance, with the occasional bear to stun or turtle to shield, will deal more sustained damage than tiger stance would. And I disagree with the statement that tiger stance is better late game. Simply put, I feel phoenix will deal a good bit more damage, single target, or AoE, than tiger would, and with phoenix, given the nature of the damage, you can afford the leisure of building almost entirely tanky, and still do excellent damage.


JakofAllSpaydes's Forum Avatar by JakofAllSpaydes » November 10, 2011 5:17pm | Report

VOTED +1

So, looking through this, it is quite a good build. Personally, I like to go hybrid udyr, (also solo top), but this is definately solid. A bit short, though, perhaps u can go into a bit of the gameplay of udyr as well.


Thx to Jhoi, nyoike, xiao, Jeffy40Hands, AlexPT, Wafflewarrior, Wrath and myself for the sigs <33333
Vort's Forum Avatar by Vort » November 10, 2011 5:21pm | Report


So, looking through this, it is quite a good build. Personally, I like to go hybrid udyr, (also solo top), but this is definately solid. A bit short, though, perhaps u can go into a bit of the gameplay of udyr as well.

Thanks, and yeah. I don't use this build in lane. In fact, I rarely even build phoenix based in lane. I find it pushes the lane too much, and a tiger/turtle opening in lane is a good bit better from my experience. I'm definitely going to expand on the gameplay a bit. I just wanted to get the build out there.


Khazem's Forum Avatar by Khazem » November 10, 2011 7:24pm | Report

VOTED +1

Very good Udyr build and a nice well-written guide. A few suggestions:

- Consider taking a point out of Meditation for Blink of an Eye . The reduced cooldown on flash can be pretty clutch.
- I like the item builds but I don't think Sunfire Cape is worth getting on Udyr. I personally prefer getting a Randuin's Omen much faster after Wit's End and then start building magic resistance with Force of Nature. If you're building Sunfire Cape AND Randuin's Omen first, you'll be low on magic resistance for quite a while. Instead, consider an Atma's Impaler to round out your build for some extra damage and the armor of a Sunfire Cape.
- You could expand your jungling section a bit by maybe adding a picture of Summoner's Rift pointing out the jungle routes and/or a video explaining the routes.
- Maybe add a small something about counter jungling as Phoenix Udyr is incredibly strong at that.

Overall, I like the guide and I think it deserves an upvote


Vort's Forum Avatar by Vort » November 10, 2011 7:59pm | Report

Khazem wrote:

Very good Udyr build and a nice well-written guide. A few suggestions:

- Consider taking a point out of Meditation for Blink of an Eye . The reduced cooldown on flash can be pretty clutch.
- I like the item builds but I don't think Sunfire Cape is worth getting on Udyr. I personally prefer getting a Randuin's Omen much faster after Wit's End and then start building magic resistance with Force of Nature. If you're building Sunfire Cape AND Randuin's Omen first, you'll be low on magic resistance for quite a while. Instead, consider an Atma's Impaler to round out your build for some extra damage and the armor of a Sunfire Cape.
- You could expand your jungling section a bit by maybe adding a picture of Summoner's Rift pointing out the jungle routes and/or a video explaining the routes.
- Maybe add a small something about counter jungling as Phoenix Udyr is incredibly strong at that.

Overall, I like the guide and I think it deserves an upvote


Thankya ^ ^

-I like the masteries idea. I'll definitely consider it. I don't use flash too frequently on Udyr, but the cooldown reduction can definitely come in handy. Either way, i'll probably be tweaking the summoners when they nerf flash, so we'll see.
- Atma's Impaler is a decent choice, though more set for a Tiger Stance build, in my opinion. Sunfire Cape synergizes well with the playstyle of phoenix udyr in that he acts, to a degree, as a damage aura tank. It gives him a nice boost to that AoE damage output, and furthermore, a hefty chunk of health. And as for the magic resistance, between the Quints, Mercury's Treads, and Wit's End, you'll usually be fine for magic resistances up until your Force of Nature. If not, there's room to build the Negatron Cloak earlier, which will more than cover most magic resistance needs. A Randuin's Omen before the Sunfire Cape is very reasonable as well. I prefer the Sunfire Cape in most cases, at it'll help out with clear speeds, but either will work very well.
-Thanks for the idea, I'll most certainly consider at least a jungling map.
-And... I do have a bit about counter-jungling early game. But I'll look into writing up a mid-game counter-jungling/buff stealing section.

Thanks again for the vote/comments!