Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
I have won almost all my games with this build. This is meant to be played in mid lane.
By going all AP, you increase the power of your turrets dramatically and you can expect enemy champs to die quickly if they try and attack you. In order to offset the usefulness of magic resistance items, you have plenty of spell penetration to break through an enemy's defense.
THE GAME PLAN:
- Purchase your health pot & Ability Tome, then quickly use teleport to get into position quickly and set up a turret at the exact center of the map (or into the bushes near center of your lane if your team was dumb enough to not give you mid).
- Save enough mana to always put up turrets. When you eventually get three turrets, set them up in a triangle formation with 2 turrets facing forward and 1 back towards your lane. You should be staying mostly inbetween your protective triangle and only leaving it to go out and throw a concussion grenade at your opponents' tower. Many people like to set up turrets near a tower, but it is usually not needed. I like to wait until I'm alone in the lane before doing so.
- Use teleport as much as you can to go back and purchase your upgrades, or go to your other towers and help out when they are in trouble. When an enemy tries to seize this opportunity to destroy your turrets, use Upgrade! to restore their health and drive them away. Then you can teleport back and resume your pushing.
- Don't worry as much about ganking people, focus on destroying towers. Eventually, people will try to deal with you and you can just run inside your turret triangle, stun them with a concussion grenade, ignite them, and laugh as they die. The micro-rockets are saved for last because your main focus should be on destroying enemy towers. The rockets are useful late game when groups of people move in to gank you, but that won't happen until after you've posed yourself to be a major threat.
- By level 13, your team should be joining you in pushing. Always have 1 or 2 people watching other lanes. If you have good teammates, 3 of you should be able to hold up 5 of them at their turret.
- Zhonya's Ring is very powerful in your hands. You can allow groups of enemies into your triangle, throw a grenade, use UPGRADE!!!, ignite, then make yourself invulnerable using the item's special ability. If your team is nearby, you can easily kill groups of enemies who focus on you.