Nocturne Build Guide by Kawaaju
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey and welcome to my first build on Mobafire, my Nocturne build!.
Nocturne is one of my favorite characters, and after feeding alot of times with other build from here on Mobafire, I decided to make my own, which works awesome and makes sure that when I hit R even their tank rushes to the nearest turret :D
Nocturne is an awesome jungler so I did an edit and included a jungle build, cause it ROCKS!
I use a Offensive 21/0/9:
I think everything is pretty standard nothing really needs to explained .
- [Greater Quintessence of Desolation]: More DPS, it increases your damage, ALOT
- [Greater Mark of Desolation]: Increased Damage, better than any other Mark, must have
- [Greater Glyph of Alacrity]: is used to deal TONS of damage. Its also great with your passive
- [Greater Seal of Alacrity]: Same as above
Take this setup if you wanna jungle, it's great and does provide just what you need
Soo, you might want to get this:
- [Greater Quintessence of Desolation] 3x
- [Greater Mark of Desolation] 9x
- [Greater Glyph of Alacrity] 9x
- [Greater Seal of Resilience] 4x
- [Greater Seal of Alacrity] 5x
[Flash]: Go through walls, catch up with them, Escape, need I say more ?
[Exhaust]: Can be used to escape as well as deal more damage
- Umbra Blades: Great Passive, when you last hit someone with this, it looks cool! BUT there's more to it, the more hits you deal, the less the cooldown on this thing is. Soooo: ATTACK SPEED!
- Duskbringer (Q): Level this op first !!, It increases Movement speed and Attack Damage, GREAT for chasing and/or escaping. ALWAYS initiate with this ability first !!
- Shroud of Darkness (W): One of the best abilities in the game, in my opinion! It can block ANY ability, therefore, GET THIS ABILITY ASAP!! And it DOUBLES your Attack speed from your passive.
- Unspeakable Horror (E): Great, Nocturne would suck without this one, once you initiate, first your , then this one, and right after.
- Paranoia (R): DARKNESSSSSS, omfg I love this ability, use it, then your combo and by the time other players can see again, there won't be much left of their Teammate.
Ability Sequence Order
: Alot of people keep telling me that the [Berserker's Greaves] are awfull for [Nocturne] because he is really squishy early game. True, I totally agree with that.
You might wanna get some Mercury Treads due to the Tenacity and the Magic Resist.
If you pick though, you will be dealing tons of more Damage.
Just keep in mind Noc is a squishy champ and you will be fine.
: Since you've got some decent Attack Speed from your Runes an Boots it's time for a defensive item. I always get a Wit's End due to the great combination with between your Attack Speed and the Magic Resist + Magic Damage you get from it.
: Since the Attack Speed you already have, why not have more since it helped you so great ?
It is a MUST for Noc. It helps you escape, it Crits, Attack Speed.. AWESOME.
Don't discuss it, just get it ASAP!
: It's pretty damn expensive, so try to farm and get some kills before you rush into this one. If the enemy has a tank like
, they will be pissing their pants for you when you've finished this one! It's a great item on Noc.
You don't HAVE to get this one, alternativly you can get a if you didn't farm enough. (You need this at the start when you jungle though!
: Finally some lifesteal and hard damage! When you purchase this one, start of with a
, you already have Attack Speed, get lifesteal! When you finish this one, get a jungle route quickly, you want this item to have full stacks, it is tha bomb!
- : More attack speed, YES, we need this item, it is great, it is of soo much use to , more Attack Speed, Movement Speed, Cooldown reduction, you must have gotten a lot of kills by now, why, not get this and kill even more ?
Having a hard time with AP ?
You might wanna get a if they've got alot of AP, won't think "It'll be fun" once you've got that item on you.
Alot of AD ?
Try this one Randuin's Oomen
Farming / Teamfights
Nocturne is an awesome farmer, make sure to last hit a lot of minions, and DON'T PUSH!, you are squishy, keep the oppertunity for teammates to gank, or when you've just recalled for a Wit's End, scare the hell out of them if they come to close to your Turret. Try to take bot, for better dragon control and nearby Blue and Red buffs.
When you are low on health, you can keep in the lane, just wait for your Umbra Blades, and heal yourself up with the help of minions!
Always try to take a lane with a tank/support, you don't want to be targeted first by the enemy, cause it WILL kill you.
Teamfights are great with Nocturne, don't initiate, unless you are very much fed and got your Bloodthirster up. Since you have a Madred's Bloodrazor, it's easy for you to take out the enemy tank, just make sure you don't get targeted first.
My personal tip! : When u get into a teamfight and u are targeted first, don't be afraid to Flash away, walk away a little bit more, while your team is fighting, and then use Paranoia to dive right in again!
It will scare the hell out of them, and you net a kill 80% of the time!
Keep in mind that you are squishy, and the enemy WILL learn to be afraid of the dark :)
Soo, ready to jungle and kick some *** ??
Nice, let's get this show on the road.....
1) Get a cloth armor + 5 hp pots
2) Rush to your Blue Buff and ask a teammate to pull and/or scout !!
2a) Spam you Duskbringer and use 1 Health Potion once the Golem gave you 1 hit
2b) Smite him when he hits 500 HP
3) Move on to the wolves, throw a Duskbringer from the side and make sure you hit them all, use shroud of darkness and use another health pot if you don't have full HP.
4) Go to the Wraiths and again do the same as the wolves.
5) Go to the Red Buff, throw a Duskbringer from the side, use you Unspeakable Horror, and pop Shroud of Darkness with a health pot, and once again, Smite when he's around 500 HP
6) Get the golems and move back to the wolves, right after do the wraith's once more and recall!
7) If they don't have a jungler, go on and kill their wolves!
8) Why not as well take their blue buff, and go for a recall!
1) Time to gank! See an oppertunity ? Go for it, you are damn ready for it !
2) No oppertunity ? Move on and repeat steps 1 to 6
2a) Follow the red numbers on the image above and grow stronger!
2b) Feeling awesome today ? Go for the dragon !
Try to gank a lot and keep the buff's up, don't forget to Ward with Wriggles Lantern and or get and Oracle's Elixer if you've noticed they backoff when you go for a gank!
Good Luck Summoners !
Thanks for reading, take consideration playing the build first and any criticism is nice so I can edit the build for players to use.
*EDITED and added Jungling!*