Yasuo Build Guide by TheCyberReaper
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
[Mid] Yasuo - Hasagi or Hasaki
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Yasuo with this build
|Teemo||Teemo the Explainer: This matchups are based on the personal data, skill level and knowledge of TheCyberReaper. The matchups are always based on how good you are and how good the enemy is. But you can orientate yourself a bit with this matchups. The matchups which have no description will become one later.|
Greetings MOBAFire! I'm TheCyberReaper, a casual gamer just like you ^^, I may not be a pro player or one of the best 100 players in EUW, but I think that I can give you some tips on how you can become as good or better than me with Yasuo. I can still remember, when I bought Yasuo and played him for the first time.. I couldn't handle him at all and I was so impressed about the new play style, I loved that time... But that doesn't happen to you because you gonna learn how to play, with the help of my guide and of other one's here on MOBAFire!
Wallpaper edited by TheCyberReaper
But why Yasuo?
Yasuo can be a viable pick in Ranked or Normal Queue to fulfill the role of an mid or top laner however, he is a bit dependent on team composition. As all champions, Yasuo has his weaknesses and his strengths. Yasuo's greatest asset is his ability to combo cc with many other champs, which can turn skirmishes and teamfights with his Last Breath, but this comes at the cost of his item dependence, nevertheless he has a strong early game and can pick up one or two kills when played correctly pre level 6.
Since the Patch 6.10 was added, the mid lane is full with AP champs rather than AD one's, which is actualy good for Yasuo, because the most mid champs have one ability or more usually which we can block with the Wind Wall.
Pro's and Con's
|+ Strong Passive Way of the Wanderer with 2 components
+ Double critical strike chance
+ High mobility with Sweeping Blade and nearby enemies and creeps
+ Strong early game
+ Blocks with his Wind Wall enemy projectiles
+ Synergizes well with champions that provide knock-ups
+ Scales good into lategame
+ Benefits strong with items
+ Outplay potential
+ Snowballs hard, if played right
|- Falls quickly behind
- Very hard to come back if behind
- High Skill Cap
- Relies on knock-ups to use his Last Breath
- Very vulnerable when getting cc'd
For Yasuo's summoner spells we have some decent options, for mid lane aswell as for top lane.
- Flash - The most useful summoner spell on Yasuo. Why? Because of the great opportunities you get using it, you can reposition yourself for engaging and disengaging, for multi knock-ups and more.
- Teleport - I recommend this spell only when playing Yasuo top lane. But with this spell we have global presence and we can assist other lanes in combat.
- Exhaust - Allways a good option if you are bad against an enemy or feel uncomfortable in a match-up.
- Ignite - Great to pick up a early kill in the first minutes or against champions that heal fast in the late because of the passive effect of ignite.
I usually combine Flash with one of the other spells, because Flash is always useful.
!Note: You can also play for example Exhaust and Ignite or Smite and Teleport and so on, which doesn't make many sense because of Flash's great utility.
Smite on Yasuo? (explanation + correct use)
- Can you remember the time, when there was a entchantment called devourer? Because of the changes of Skirmisher's Sabre - Devourer to Skirmisher's Sabre - Bloodrazor, we can now build the Skirmisher's Sabre with a nice entchantment. Because of the Skirmisher's Sabre we gain, if we Smite an enemy, 20% damage reduction of the marked enemy.
- We are also building a Phantom Dancer we gain another 12% damage reduction against a target which we hit in the last 10 seconds.
- And if we want the maximum damage reduction, we also get us a Rift Herald buff, which means another 5% damage reduction, but only if no teammates are nearby. This means you should use this combination to split push lanes.
Overall we get now 37% damage reduction against enemies without friendly units nearby, if we hit them once with an aa or Steel Tempest and marked them with Smite. With this items we have easy opponents and the great opportunity to split push.
!Note: Playing this will delay your Power Spike and when you get behind it's hard to get back. I am not a real fan of the delayed Power Spike and it hurts really hard if you or your team are behind, but that doesn't mean that it's bad, try it and you maybe get used to the duelist or maybe not, which isn't bad at all if you don't play duelist.
Core Items (Explained)
+35% Attack Speed
+30% Critical Strike Chance
+5% Movement Speed
- Passive: While moving generate charges. At 100 charges, the next attack uses them up and deals 50-120 magic damage up to 5 near enemies. This effect can also crit if the initial attack was a crit.
- The Statikk Shiv is a great Item to boost your damage output with the bonus magic damage, your crit chance and your chase and movement speed.
Note: This Item is a must have because of its great stats and the nice passive to deal up to 5 enemies significant damage. I recommend building this if you are strong against a matchup and you don't need the damage reduction of the Phantom Dancer. If you don't want to build Statikk Shiv build a Phantom Dancer.
+45% Attack Speed
+30% Critical Strike Chance
+5% Movement Speed
- Passive - Sprectral Waltz: While within 550 units of an enemy you can see, you gain +7% movement speed and the ability to move trough units.
- Passive - Lament: Last champion hit deals 12% less damage to you (damage reduction ends after 10 seconds of not hitting your target).
- The Phantom Dancer is a great Item to boost your damage reduction against enemies, your crit chance and your chase and movement speed.
Note: This Item is a must have because of its great stats and the big duel potential. I recommend this Item if you are not that strong in a matchup or not confident or experienced in a matchup or if you want to duel enemies easier. If you don't want to build Phantom Dancer build a Statikk Shiv.
+65 Attack Damage
+20% Critical Strike Chance
- Passive - Critical Strike bonus damage is increased by 50%.
- The Infinity Edge provides use with nice attack damage and crit chance, and also boosts the damage of our crits.
Note: This Item is a must have because of its passive and the great base stats, with this item we gain a big damage advantage to boost our crits and damage output highly.
- Fury - Nice, 4% Attack Speed for doing nothing.
- Double Edged Sword - We get 3% more damage and take 1.5% more damage, I think we can life with that.
- Vampirism - Cool, 2% Lifesteal and 2% Spellvamp, some nice lane sustain.
- Oppressor - 2.5% more damage against cc'd targets, because beeing airborne is a cc effect this works well to deal even more damage with a knock up.
- Battering Blows - 7% Armor Penetration for using this masterie.
- Fervor of Battle (Balanced) - Gain up to 8 stacks, each dealing bonus 1-14 physical damage (based on your level). I use this always, except the Duel build. Since our Steel Tempest triggers On-Hit effects and we are melee we gain 2 stacks per aa and Steel Tempest, so we can gain quickly the 8 stack.
- Warlord's Bloodlust (Safe Scaling) - Bonus Life Steal when we are at low health (up to 20% bonus Lifesteal), I use this only if I play with Smite and the Skirmisher's Sabre - Bloodrazor to raise the chances in a duel.
- Wanderer - 3% Movement Speed out of Combat, helps us to roam better to other lanes.
- Assassin - 2% more damage vs single enemies, helps us because we are fighting in the early game on a single lane.
- Merciless - 5% more damage if the target is below 40% health, we gain free bonus damage for causing damage to the target if its already below 40% health.
- Dangerous Game - Gain per assist or kill 5% of maximum health back, this can result in a nice reset chain and rescue your life in a fight if you get ignited or so.
!Note: Remember, you can switch for example Oppressor with Bounty Hunter , as well as other parts of the masterie too, based on your prefered play style.
Support me and my Guide
You want to support me to keep this guide alive and updated?
What you can do:
this will not only help me to get this guide in the top guides, its also a response for me that you like my work and appreciate the time which I put into my guide.
Well that's it for now. Keep checking for updates and upcoming topics.
- [04.06.2016]: >> Changes: Changed Items, Updated Core Items (Section)
- [04.06.2016]: >> Changes: Added some descriptions for matchups, changed Core Items and updated section for Core Items
- [03.06.2016]: >> Changes: Added matchups, added banners for sections, visual update for Runes (section)
- [01.06.2016]: >> Changes: Rewrote Summoner Spells (section), small visual updates for sections
- [31.05.2016]: >> Created Guide