Varus Build Guide by Tyrique
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Welcome fellow summoners of MobaFire! I present to you, my Varus guide! This is my first guide on Mobafire and i will try to make the best of it! Because of this, please provide me with Constructive Critisism! When i was laying in bed, counting teemo's and stuff, i suddenly got a crazy idea. I wanted to create a Hybrid Varus! So i tried it out, and i am happy to say that this is an absolutely AMAZING build! It completely DESTROYS Tanks! And not only tanks, it takes down squishy's down in like 2-3 seconds! Fed or not fed, it doesnt matter, since a large portion of your damage comes from percentage's! I hope you will enjoy reading this, and last but not least, a thousand thanks and kisses to JhoiJhoi!She helped me out so much with the template, i bet she cant even imagine how many days she made! ^-^ <- *teemo face*
If you want to use the same template, go to this link: And make sure to give jhoijhoi credit for the template, which you can find here.
Blighted Pro's / Corrupting Con's
+ Can Destroy Tanks better then the standard AD build.
+ More effective in team fights
+ Can Destroy an entire team before they even notice it.
+ Works with percentage's so you dont lose effectiveness late game
+ Higher damage with Chain of Corruption
- Extremely Vurnerable to disables ( Disable = No auto attack)
- Loses in 1v1 if you dont effectively kite
- Dont FAST if focused.
- Piercing arrow does not deal the crazy damage as it does with AD
Masteries of Retribution
Since the build is more leaned towards AP then AD, Most of the masteries are spent on AP. Summoner's Resolve Is a valid pick since it's also a smart choice to pick Cleanse.
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: Since Ability Power increases the damage on Blighted Quiver This is a great pick! Especially on lower levels.
- Greater Mark of Attack Speed: Some more attack speed, for more Damage Per Second.
- Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction: We Need Cooldown Reduction! Since ability's Proc your Blight Quiver Stacks, you need to be able to spam them as much as possible!
- Greater Seal of Cooldown Reduction: Same as Above ^
Valid Summoner Spell Picks
Ignite: This is a Valid pick for mostly lower levels, great for first blood. BUT! Combined with your Hail of Arrows if placed correctly, you can reduce healing effects on the entire enemy team, which gives your team a great advantage.
Cleanse: Another great pick for late AND early game. Because you need to be able to attack as much as possible, using this to get out of CC can really turn the tides of a battle!
Ghost: This is another good pick, since it has A: A relatively low cooldown, and it helps you kite melee champions when needed. Did i mention it is a great chase AND a great escape?
Skill Explanation And Use
- Living Vengeance: Your Passive. If our attack speed wasnt high enough already.. NO! ITS NOT! This Passive is great for farming early, mid AND late game! Use this in teamfights by targeting the squishy champ first, killing him, gaining a 40% ATTACK SPEED BUFF And start planting your Blighted Quiver Stacks on all enemy champs for an AoE nuke! ( Blighted Quiver )
- Piercing Arrow (Q): In early game, this is an Oke harass, but in late game you use this in two ways: 1. Spam this ability as much as possible after you obtain 3 stacks on a champ (Or multiple champs) Or 2, Snipe Low HP Champs with it. The Range of a fully drawn Piercing arrow is huge! And nothing is more satisfying then hitting a champion at max range in the fog of war.
- Blighted Quiver (W): The Bread and butter of this build, the very REASON we even CONSIDER using AP items on Varus! This adds some extra magic damage on every hit, and applies a maximum of 3 stacks on an enemy unit. When using an ability, the stacks are consumed dealing a nice amount of damage! At level 5, with no AP item using an ability on a 3-stacked champion deals ATLEAST 15% of their health as damage, AND does the damage of the skill. Sexy ey?
- Hail of Arrows (E): This skill together with Chain of Corruption Make Varus a team fight god. An AoE heal reducing slow that deals additional damage with Blighted Quiver Stacks. What more do you want?
- Chain of Corruption (R):This skill, is THA ****TTT. It is a skillshot that throws a corrupted chain, disabling the first champion it hits, and spreading to nearby champions if they are close enough! this either disables the whole team, or seperates them! With AP items it even deals a nice amount of damage! Its a chase skill, an escape skill, a team fight skill. This skill is absolute Rapesauce.
Item Choice explanation and possible other items.
:It deals bonus magic damage, and has a nice amount of attack speed. Oh, and i dont know if you noticed, but it is really cheap too! Can be Replaced* If doing good: Mejai's Soulstealer or Sword of the Occult If not, Maw of Malmortius or Lich Bane
: High Attack speed, Nice Ability Power, High amount of Cooldown Reduction. This item is a MUST! No replacement, absolutely not!
- Berserker Greaves: Your choice if you want these, ( more attack speed) or Mercury's Threads, or Ninja Tabi
: The Life steal and Spell vamp combined.. Insta buy!
: High attack speed and 4% damage per hit? He.. hehe If you even think about replacing this, you will make me sad. :'(
- : This is really handy because you get focused down in teamfights. If you die, it takes some time for you to revive. If the enemy is stupid enough to wait for me to respawn, my team has all the time they need to dish out a nice amount of damage without resistance. You can replace this.. But i dont recommend it.
Thats about it! Well, the guild is far from finished, as i will be adding pictures and videos to it, but i hope you enjoyed the guide as it is now! If you saw any flaws in it, or want to suggest a new item, tell me, i'll try to be very open to suggestions!
Oh, and if you like the guide, remember to +1 my guide :) I would really REALLY appreciate it!
Have a nice day, scare the **** out of your enemy team, BE the Living Vengeance!