Vayne Build Guide by Protòtype
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome to my Build!
Hello Ladies And Gentlemen!
As you may already know, I have recently created my own Brand Build.
Vayne, fascinated me when I saw her in action.
In this Build, we'll take a look at how one should play Vayne, and what items i recommend to her.
Also which Summoner Spells you should use, and why you should use it.
I will also share with you why I use items over others.
Maybe you should also take a look of what tips you should follow.
Please give me feedback! Positive and negative is appreciated, as long it's constructive!! :)
Hope you enjoy this build! : )
If YOU want to see Vayne in action, you should look at this Champion Spotlight.
I'm gonna update this build, almost every week
As you already know, I've specced on Archaic Knowledge.
People have told me to remove it, cause they found it useless.
Well, since I have no reason to have it there, I'm going to remove it from masteries.
Why I specced on it, was because Phreak told it was very helpful.
Introduction - Story
The world is not always as civilized as people might think. There are still those who would follow the blackest paths of magic and become corrupted by the darker powers that flow through Runeterra. Shauna Vayne knows this fact well. As a young privileged girl in the heart of Demacia's elite, her father tried to convince her of the constabulary's ever-vigilant eye. Young and nave, she truly believed that her world was one of perfect safety, until one night, when a twisted witch took interest in her father. The malevolent woman overcame her father's conciliar guard, then tortured her family before murdering them. The young Shauna escaped only by hiding herself and then fleeing once the hag had departed, plagued by the screams of her loved ones as she ran. A burning hatred was born in her that day, one that could never be denied.
Vayne was able to take care of herself using her father's money, and she began to train as soon as an instructor would have her as a student. By the time she was a fully grown woman, she had become a grim warrior. However, the fields of battle were not to be her home. Demacia needed a protector, one who hunted those lost to the darkness. Shauna used her family's contacts to become the first Night Hunter, and now her prowess is the stuff of legends. It is said that those who practice the black arts quake when they hear that the Night Hunter is on the prowl. Despite her crusade, Shauna has looked at the League of Legends in horror. There are champions who have clearly lost themselves to the blackest of magics, and who have been embraced within the League even though they should be put down for the safety of all. The time has come for the Night Hunter to execute her secret mission ¬ to purge the League of Legends.
Not all shadows are to be feared. At least, if Vayne has her way.
Game play picture!
Doran's Blade: This item is GREAT for Vayne. Doran's Blade gives you 3% life steal(which is a good bonus in early game) 100 amazing health, combined with 9 attack damage! NOTE: If you are playing against a extremely annoying harraser, you should either go for Cloth Armor
and 5 health potions
Now you can stay longer in your lane!
Berserker's Greaves: Maybe you think this is just like a normal boot. Well.. Berskerker's Greaves gives you a normal movement speed, but you'll also get 25% more attack speed!! Awesome for Vayne's combo!
Madred's Bloodrazor: This item is made for Vayne! No ****! Madred's Bloodrazor is epic to farm with! You'll 15% chance to hit a enemy minion for 500 DMG! That's epic, and results to a full bag of money! Madred's Bloodrazor's main passive is more heavy than this! The reason I think it's made for Vayne is because On hit, deals Magic Damage equal to 4% of the target's maximum Health, this combined with Vayne's Silver bolts results to an incredible Damage! Now you can just say goodbye to Mundo, Cho'Gath and other tanks with a lot health. You'll also get a nice attack speed and useful attack damage!
The Black Cleaver: Yes, Vayne needs attack speed, damage and armor penetration. Why not combine all this stuff together? Cause, Black Cleaver is the perfect item for you, if you're going for all these things. With this item, you'll nuke down EVERYBODY!
Ladies and Gentlemen! I give you all: Trinity Force! With this item your gonna stay longer in team fights (hopefully), slow enemies and nuke them back to hell! After using ONE ability you will increases your base Attack Damage by 150% for one attack, which results to HEAVY damage! So.. With this item, you'll be the next god!
Wit's End: The day has now arrived, no casters can kill you with this item at all. You'll get 40% attack speed followed by 30 Magic resistance! Thanks to it's passive you'll get more magic Resistance over time, upon 4 stacks in 5 seconds. and it's not very expensive at all. NOTE: But if you're playing against a annoying caster like Malzahar, you should consider go for Quicksilver sash With this item, you can get away from any stun you want, more like Cleanse.
Only go for this item, if you're playing against a champion with a "stun-ultimate".
The Bloodthirster: You should really just thank your god that this item is at all invented! This item gives you PURE attack damage and some life steal ( 10% ) After buying this, your job is about to begin, cause this is a stacking item. You have to stack up your life steal and attack damage. When you're full stacked which is 40 damage, you've got whole 100 attack damage! Awesome for Vayne!
So, now.. LET THE HUNT BEGIN!
Pros & Cons
- Fast with passive
- Amaaazing Burst!
- Great DPS
- Amazing ultimate
- Tumble has many uses
- difficult to play against others champions with stun
- Always getting focused in team fights
- Stealth only in 1.5 sec.
- You're dead if your getting stunned
- With Tumble you cannot pass over walls
Early in the game, I think you should go for mid lane.
But if you're not allowed for any reason, I think you should go with a champion with stun, if it's possible.
But if you are allowed to go mid, you should follow these few tips:
- Remember to farm a lot!! (Cause your expensive build.)
- Always make sure to buy Dorans's blade, if you really don't like doran's I think you should go for attack speed or something, but I recommend Doran's blade.
Doran's blade, gives you usable Attack Damage, combined with 3% life steal and 100 health.
- After you've played a while in your lane, and have come to lvl 5-6, Is it time to head back to the base.
- If you have farmed enough you should be able to afford to buy Berserker Greaves Berserker Greaves one dagger and maybe a few health potions.
- In your first move you should start with the ability: Tumble
- After you have come in level three, you must assume that your enemy is playing very defensive, probably.
This is not necessarily a disadvantage for you, you can try to zone them to keep them from getting experience.
- If your enemy already has little life left and needs to return to base, you should use the chance to push his tower, while you kill all of his minions, and then going back to base.
- But if you're playing in the middle, you should buy two wards, like you wont get ganked.
- If you are getting ganked, and you don't have wards sight ward, I think you should thank your "escape route" = - you just cant die, easy as ****! =)
Once you have reached lvl 8-10, you should have built your Black cleaver
and done with Madrod's razors
As you should upgrade to the Madred's bloodrazor
This item is almost intended for Vayne, Bloodrazor's Bloodrazor passive is awesome combined with his own ability: W "Silver Bolts" these two are like a double passive, equal to % of your targets maximum health.
- Now the enemy will focus on you first in team fights, so make sure to stay behind your team, and do everything you can!
- Try always to make some ganks with your teammates! You should always open with R - Q and hopefully pull the target into a wall, and stun the target.
- At the end of the Mid Game, you should have built: Done Trinity force and The Bloodthirster
- If you have survivability problems, you should go for Banshee's Veil
- But if you're actually fighting against only a melee-team, you should either go for Phage because of it's amazing health, and slow. = instead of magic resistance.
- Later in the game, you should upgrade it to Frozen Mallet ,
Vayne ruthlessly hunts evil-doers. She gains bonus Movement Speed when moving toward nearby enemy champions.
Vayne tumbles, maneuvering to carefully place her next shot. She rolls toward the cursor and her next attack deals bonus damage.
Vayne tips her bolts with a rare metal, toxic to evil things. The third consecutive attack or ability against the same target deals a percentage of the target's maximum Health as bonus true damage. (Max damage vs. Monsters is capped)
Vayne draws a heavy crossbow from her back, and fires a huge bolt at her target, dealing damage and knocking them back. If they collide with terrain, they are impaled, dealing bonus damage and stunning them.
Readying herself for an epic confrontation, Vayne gains increased Attack Damage, stealth during Tumble, and quadruple the bonus Movement Speed from Night Hunter.
Here's some tips:
1.Farm a lot. Your build will be expensive so make sure to farm creeps.Besides,it's something that Vayne can do easily.
2. Stay back in team fights.You will most probably be the first target. Probably.
3. Whenever going back to base, always get a couple of potions (do that until lvl 11).
4. Vayne is squishy so make sure not to overreact.Once you do the mistake there's no turning back,no way to escape like other champions. Demand from your teammates to say miss.
5. Always use you ultimate in team fights.
6. Make sure to combine your spells correctly. R -> Q = Stealth, high damage and E to stun.
7. Tumble has many uses, but it cannot pass over walls.
8. Condemn can be used to both pin targets to walls to ensure a kill, or to escape a pursuer.
9. Don't go in first to a large teamfight. Wait for your teammates to initiate.
Rune setups and why
This is my rune page:
Greater mark of desolation Greater Quintessence of desolation
Greater mark of desolation Well.. Vayne is an assasin, and also a good minion farmer. But she can also be an epic harasser, early game if you're getting much Armor Penetration.
This results to heavy damage!
Greater Quintessence of desolation This is why i'm also going for Armor pen. at the quintessences, cause I don't think 15 Armor pen. is enough.
Greater mark of desolation Combined with; Greater Quintessence of desolation results to an AWESOME harassing!
The reason I suggest full attack speed at yellow, is because Vayne needs AS to make her ability, Silver Bolts even better!
Also results to a better minion farm.
As you may already know, is Vayne a pretty squishy champion. And early in the game, will usually the mage's do more health. So this is why I suggest going for Magic Resistance per level.
As you may already know, is Vayne an assassin.
Well, then I think you should play her like this way.
In team figths you'll always getting focused, probably.
Try always to stay behind your team mates.
If possible, try to get the enemy from behind, take out the casters. (cause they're so squischy) You should always open with your ultimate in the bush, use Tumble now you're in stealth and can backstab the enemy.
This is why Condemn is so ****ing op i teamfights, you can knock the enemy into the wall, and now your team can focus on one single target.
Sequence: Walk into a bush, then use your ultimate followed by Tumble now you're in stealth and can get the enemy from behind. Use Condemn to stun the enemy into a wall, and your job is done!
Ghost - The Ghost/Flash
combo is the pretty standard squishy survival kit.
I recommend, flash and ghost to Vayne.
This spell can be very useful in team fights or 1v1. Removes all stuns, slows, taunts, fears, snares, sleeps, silences, blinds and immobilizers and reduces the duration of subsequent crowd control effects applied by 65% for 3 seconds.
Can be very useful in team fights, because you're going to be the first target.
Reduces a target's Attack Damage by 70%, Ability/Item damage by 35% and slows its Movement Speed by 40% for 3 seconds. 550 Range (estimate).
But I don't recommend this to Vayne.
Don't bother with anything else!