Vayne Build Guide by Demordir
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
THIS IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION!
PLEASE DO NOT RATE UNLESS YOU READ AND TRIED IT!
COMMENT / THUMBS UP!
Welcome to another guide! This time I will be covering Vayne! This guide is not going to be long but will cover the most important aspects for vayne. I feel that the rest will come from actually playing and practicing. There are a few different good builds out there for Vayne. I am not saying that this build is the best one, however I will say that it works the best for me and my play-style.
But don't take my word for it, try it yourself and you may have a few games like this:
Masteries / Runes
For Vayne I use the 21/0/9 Masteries. This is the most optimal setup for vayne and is also very self-expanatory. Leave the tanking to the tanks and focus on the damage. I pick up the awareness from the utility tree to help out-level my oponents.
I find that this setup is optimal with my very agressive early game play-style:
greater mark of desolation x 9
greater quintessence of desolation x 3
-I use alot of crit runes because vayne has one of the strongest early game harasses. As you continue reading the guilde you will understand why crit runes are important.
-You may consider using other glyphs such as to take advantage of lower cooldowns but I find that vayne turns into more of an auto-attack character like tryndamere and vayne's ultimate is a fairly low cooldown to use them with my play-stlye.
I utilize 2 sets of summoner spells:
- I usually go with this setup b/c im agressive and like to get early kills. Its is also great for healers and support!
- I get this setup when the team stacks ignite. It is great if you are facing hard carry enemies and amazing for chasing!
OTHER SUMMONER SPELLS
- As far as using flash, I found that its great using the ult --> tumble --> flash combination to engage or escape enemies. The reason people use flash on Vayne is because of her passive which increases movement speed while chasing, so they do not see the benefit of ghost. I however find that ghost is way more versatile in escapes and engages, as well as running to top / bottom lanes for gankes if you are mid. You will also find that using ult --> tumble --> ghost is equally as good!
Skills / Skill Sequence / Tips
Start with . It is your best harassment spell. After tumble get . Once you hit level three you get . Fourth spell should go into . At level five, take and at 6 grab
-The reason I grab at level 4 is because it has low damage output for the mana you have to use. I only use that spell for ganking or if I am sure I can get them into a wall.
From then on, your spell priority should always be:
> > > .
TIP: Try to auto attack before you tumble because if you hit them before you tumble towards them and attack them you get 2 stacks. Which means when you get out of tumble u can hit them again to proc silver bolts for massive damage!
TIP: Don't forget you have ! It is an amazing tool for ganking but be careful where you aim! A few great uses for condemn are:
-Helping fellow team mates by neutralizing a fed attacker in team fights (against the wall)
-Stopping an enemy's channeled ult (such as )
-Knocking an enemy towards the team for a kill
TIP: Use -> -> to gank unsuspecting enemies or run away into the shadows from your foes!
TIP: Don't be afraid to be agressive if you are mid with . You will be surprised how much damage you do!
TIP: Remember you are a great chaser due to your passive so do not stand in the middle of team fights if you can help it. Try to jump out of bushes! (unless you are fed. Then it doesn't really matter :P)
Items / Purchase Order
CORE ITEMS - Items I consider a necesstity. Must get all 4
OTHER / SITUATIONAL ITEMS - Chose 2 items from this list after core based on what you need
- After I complete my core and depending on how well I am doing I tend make this my 5th item, turning the vampiric scepter into this.
- Great Item for an auto attack character like Vayne! I even get this over
- If you have hard hitting casters this is a must.
- Get this for health , damage and more chasing. Usually not what I get because trinity force already has slow. But if you are doing well it won't hurt.
- Great Item to get overall especially if enemy is tanky.
- Great item if you are getting focused. Also provides magic resist and armor.
- great vs. AP teams
- Great for AD teams and great on-use ability!
-Usually as vayne I take the middle lane (if you don't don't worry, you just have to be less agressive at the start because you have 2 people to watch out for. Start with . You can also substitute that with and 3x . I tried many different starting items but I find that for me, keeps me laning longer so I can farm more gold before i have to head back. Also because I am more agressive I can stay back and leach back life if i take too much damage.
-Once you get enough money, get berserker's geaves.
-If you have more gold left over, start working on your in the following order:
-Trinity force is one of the most important items for Vayne becasue of the passive from the item. Sheen is like a mini trinity force which is why you get it first. Combined with tumble makes you deadly. You get zeal second because of the attack speed which is huge for an AD carry like vayne.
-Once you get trinity force begin working on either or . I tend to start with for the bonus attack speed and the armor reduction.
-Once you finish trinity force and the black cleaver, chose 2 items from the situational / other item's list. I usually tend to go for along with naother item because vayne is squishy and at late game it may mean absorbing hundreds or even a thousand damage. So it's like having extra health!
Hall of Fame
COMMENT / THUMBS UP!
I AM EXCITED TO SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH MY BUILD! POST A SCREENSHOT OF HOW WELL YOU DO AND I WILL ADD IT TO THE HALL OF FAME!
HERE ARE A FEW OF MY GAMES IN THE LAST FEW DAYS:
*Keep in mind that i kept other summoner's scores in the post to show you that you can single handedly carry a game. No offense to the fellow summoners I played against.