Veigar Build Guide by SkyDefender
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Welcome to a pretty simple and complete guide of Veigar, the tiny master of evil, wich in my opinion is the most powerful mage among the league. Here I will show you how to fully take advantage of this champion in most of situations. As you can see, the items does not provide as AP as you could expect in a Veigar build, that's because this guide focuses in farming Baleful Strike. And so, it begins.
Pros and Cons
- Great burst.
- Great damage output.
- Can stun several enemies at once and set up kills or aid to scape.
- Limitless AP.
- Mana hungry.
- Slow movement speed.
- Equilibrium: Bonus mana regen proportional to your missing mana.
- Baleful Strike: This skill will be Veigar's
main skill throughout the game, I learn it at lv1 and max it 1st. You must try to last-hit as much minions as possible and rise your AP.
- Dark Matter: This skill is not as useful in early game, and using it will only deplete your mana, save Dark Matter for late game or as last resort.
- Event Horizon: A tricky skill, wich only stuns enemies that pass through it's borders. I recommend saving it for scape from ganks and secure your burst.
- Primordial Burst: This skill deals an extreme amount of damage in late game, and must be use to instantly take out mages or to finish-off an enemy.
- Fearie Charm: Gives mana regen wich is essential to Veigar in early game.
- philosopher's stonePhilosopher's Stone: Keeps your mana stable and grants 5 gold every 10 seconds.
- Sorcerer's Shoes: Increases your magic pen, allowing you to deal more damage. It also increases your movement speed.
- Lich Bane: Only recommended for an all-out attack to the enemy's base or to defend your base since is expensive and only works properly when your AP is over 700.
- Guardian Angel: Surviability in teamfights, allowing you to revive and stun enemies in order to scape or set some kills.
Here's a short explaination of your combo as Veigar:
Once your AP reaches 40 (after farming Baleful Strike), harrass your enemy until he has more or less 50% of their health, then activate a mana potion, launch Dark Matter on the target and Event Horizon around it(the enemy has to make a choice: being hit by Dark Matter or stuned by Event Horizon), if the target gots stunned, then use Primordial Burst instantly followed up of Baleful Strike and finish him/her off with Ignite.
Keep in mind your mana when doing this. If the enemy tries to scape with Flash, use your own Flash to catch him/her up and launch a final Baleful Strike.
Laning and fighting
- 1-4: In this stage of the game you must focus and farm last-hitting minions with Baleful Strike, once your AP reaches 20 you should have enough gold to buy philosopher's stone, go back and buy it.
- 5-7: Keep farming Baleful Strike, and harrass your enemy. Once you got enough gold to buy Sorcerer's Shoes go back and buy it. At lv6 you get Primordial Burst, harrass him once again, and continue farming Baleful Strike until your AP is at least 40 (if your AP is already 40 then use your combo to get a kill.)
- 8-12: The game keeps going, always farm Baleful Strike (with minions and kills.), keep doing the same, harrassing and killing your opponent. Keep in mind that you are squishy and the enemy will try to gank you, so pay attention to mias and try to push only once you slain your adversary. Once you get to 80 AP is time for you to buy Rabadon's Deathcap. You might ask yourself "Why must I wait SO long to get this item?", the answer is "to surprise". Your burst will make a jump from a significant amount of damage to an insane amount of damage, getting your enemy astonished. Of course you can buy it before, but is funnier this way.
- 12-18: As before, keep doing the same, and complete your build. Now is time for teamfights, and you must remain behind your allies, ready to launch Event Horizon for scape, gank or defend yourself and your team, or use your combo (in teamfights focus the squishy targets). Keep your eyes open and take advantage of philosopher's stone to set a sight ward(s) where you find convenient; also try to get to squishy enemies that are carelessly pushing.
- Replace Philosopher's Stone last with one of the finishing items.
- Farm Baleful Strike as much as you can.
- You can take out an entire wave of minions with Dark Matter in late game.
- Try to use Event Horizon to ensure your kills, and dont spam it, you will it to scape from ganks or unexpected combos.
Thanks a lot for reading this guide (wich happens to be my first one).
I've been playing Veigar since like forever and I feel confident enough to share my build and game strategy with all of you. Once again thanks, and I hope you find this useful, if you do, please comment and rate.