This is my first guide here at Mobafire. I'm happy that I could join this great community and share my ideas with other League of Legends players.
What you see is my first Veigar guide. The main goal of this guide is to present a new way of leading a snowball character, which Veigar apparently is. The idea for three gold per time items is not mine, I came up to this after several people told me I might actually try building gold per time items on Veigar, and actually succeeding on the lane!
Pros / Cons
- Ranged AP Carry
- Very strong End Game
- Veigar's damage is still big
even without full itemization
- Veigar is one of the
first targets in teamfights
- Very team dependant
- Requires practice to
unleash full potential
Greater Quintessence of Swiftness
Three quints of this type give you +4,5% movement speed, paired up with Boots of Swiftness
mastery it gives you 421 movement speed! You should grab these Quintessences against skillshot-based enemies, like Ahri
, AP Nidalee
(in human form), Brand
, AP Ezreal
, and many, many others.
Greater Quintessence of Potency
Three quints of this type give you additional flat 10 Ability Power for the entire game course. You should grab these Quintessences against targeted ability based enemies, where reaction is not in a big deal, and you can easily dominate your opponent.
Greater Mark of Insight
Nine Marks of this type give you 9 additional magic penetration. This Mark is basically the most viable Mark for every AP caster, as it increases your Magic Damage.
Greater Seal of Clarity
Nine Seals of this type give you 0.585 Mana Regeneration per 5 seconds per Level, granting you 10.53 (11) Mana Regeneration per 5 seconds at Level 18. These Seals let Veigar
spam his spells more. That means more stacks on Veigar
's Baleful Strike
Greater Glyph of Focus
Nine Glyphs of this type give you 1.53 Ability Power per Level, granting you additional 27.54 (28) Ability Power at Level 18.
Greater Glyph of Shielding
Nine Glyphs of this type give you 1.35 Magic Resist per level, granting you additional 24.3 (24) Magic Resist at level 18. These Glyphs work especially well against harass lanes, like Cassiopeia
, Twisted Fate
Ability Sequence and Explanation
Veigar is a very versatile champion. His skills are pretty strong, as well as unique in the league.
First three levels - Q, E, W
- Equilibrium is Veigars passive. It allows him to spam his spells more frequently, because when Veigar's mana reaches zero, his Mana Regeneration grows by 75%! Additionally, when his mana is at maximum point, his Mana Regeneration has no additional bonuses. Simply - if Veigar's mana is low, his Mana Regeneration grows up by 75%.
- Baleful Strike is Veigars primary harass and farm ability. Basically, when Veigar kills a target with this ability, his Ability Power pool grows by 1 Ability Power point. Also, when you kill a champion from any source of damage, depending on Baleful Strikes level your Ability Power pool grows by up to five Ability Power points.
- Dark Matter is Veigars primary damage ability. It is also a skillshot, which deals damage on the area of impact after 1.2 seconds when Veigar casts the ability. Casting Dark Matter on a target stunned with Event Horizon or some other stunning ability ensures a target will get damaged.
- Event Horizon is Veigars primary utility ability. It is a skillshot, which allows Veigar to stun targets standing on the edges of the circle created using Event Horizon ability. This ability is one of the hardest to master when it comes to Veigars skillset, but also is the funniest ability to use when you need a quick response to a gank.
- Primordial Burst is Veigars primary damage tool against AP Carries. It deals additional damage based on enemy targets Ability Power - it deals 80% more damage (the number being enemy Ability Power pool). However, it still deals decently high damage against non-AP Carries so do not worry to use it against an AD Carry if you have no other choice.
Core build for Veigar is pretty simple.
Further Items - Damage
In addition to Core Items if you feel safe, you should consider buying following items:
- Void Staff when enemies start to stack Magic Resist,
- Lich Bane to deal additional physical damage after proc from this item.
Laning phase - early game
In the very first minutes of the game cover your jungle from the blue side near mid lane (if you are on the blue team), or cover your jungle from the red side near mid lane (if you are on the purple team).
After pulling your junglers buff head over to your lane and lasthit as much as possible. Try not to push
, as any push attempt may result in enemy jungler ganking mid lane, and you want to avoid this as much as possible. Only push when you are going to take blue from your jungler, or you are going to gank other lanes.
Laning phase - mid game
In mid game you should focus on harassing your enemy when he comes to farm. You yourself should also farm alot using your Baleful Strike
and autoattacks. Your burst should be considerably big by mid game already. Apart from tearing your enemy apart on mid lane, you should also help your team around the map. You can leave your lane for a minute, or two, because when enemies destroy tier first turret, they let you farm your Baleful Strike
even more! Core items for mid game should be Rabadon's Deathcap
and Boots of Swiftness
. At the end of mid game you should have Rylai's Crystal Scepter
By end game you should already have core build set up, and here you should decide whether you should go Damage or Survivability. If enemy team is focusing you, locking you up, etc. try going Survivability. If enemy team prefers to focus your AD Carry or tanks, you should try going Damage My personal preference is always full Damage, as Veigar
s damage is still amazing even when he is idling behind friendly tanks waiting for an opportunity to burst down the enemy fighters or carries.
My name is Zachary and it is the end of my Veigar guide here on Mobafire. Thank you for patiently reading all the chapters. Please, take your time and comment and rate my work!
Big credit to JhoiJhoi for her awesome guide on making a guide!