Veigar Build Guide by Nortii
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
Thanks to <33
- MOBAFIRE for this awesome website
- jhoijhoi for the line dividers/separators & his smashing "Making A Guide" Guide.
- kyra for proofreading & this awesome artwork
- Eisenreiter for some formulations & BBcode help
If you read my Guide, please leave a comment, even if it's "hi" or "I don't like it".
If you like anything of this guide, please give me a vote.
Who is Veigar?
He is a tiny annoying nuker.
His role in the team is simple, just nuke the most hated champion.
With my guide, you should be able to 1-Combo Kill every champion and still got enough health to tank some skills.
Who am I?
Let me introduce myself,
I'm Nortii and I gonna lead you through my example of playing Veigar The Tiny Master of Evil.
I started playing LoL in 2009, so I was able to gather quite a lot of information, tips and tricks.
I've managed to reach a Elo rating of 1500+ in Season one and two but that doesn't have to mean that I am an awesome player.
Since I am no native english speaking person, there might be some clumsy or
even wrong passages within this guide. Don't hesitate to give me a chance to
Any questions? Anything you want to know more about this champ?
How to counter a specific champion? Feel free to ask.
Pros / Cons
+ Massiv Burst Damage
+ Destroying most AP's
+ Good Stuntime from Event Horizon
+ Unlimeted AP source from Baleful Strike
+ Good farmer
+ Walks cute
- Hard early Game
- Suffers awful from CC
- Real slow before you get Boots of Speed
- Early enemy Mercury's Treads could be a problem
- Lots of bad Veigars ruin reputation
- Less Armor and Magic resistance
I guess there's not much to explain.
I'm using the standard Offense Mastery for AP Casters
So it's the only significant choice, if you don't go for Ignite
Using one point in Summoner's Insight will power up your Flash & Clarity
In my opinion you should put 3/3 points in Expanded Mind & Meditation for some nice bonus Mana and Mana regeneration.
Veigar is very slow at the beginning so I put the last two points in Swiftness
But you can also use this Masteries for longer Bufftime and some extra Mobility from Improved Recall
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Seal of Scaling Mana Regeneration
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Quintessence of Health
If not use Event Horizon.
But you can also use it as a chase skill too finish off an fleeing enemy.
Clarity Clarity? Yes Clarity! The reason you should use Clarity is, that you can farm much longer & constant.
Your Mana will be fine just with a Doran's Ring and Greater Seal of Scaling Mana Regeneration. So you do not have to buy more Mana or Mana regeneration.
Ghost is a possible pick, but since you take Flash you won't need it.
I prefer Flash anyway because it proviedes much more security for Veigar than Ghost
Ignite is awesome too finish off a weakened enemy or harassing cures e.g Heal, Health Potion or skills like Dr. Mundo's Ultimate.
Teleport is a very useful spell. You can use it e.g to go back buying with losing a lot of gold and experience or teleporting on another lane to grab an easy kill or just defend it.
Surge Nice AP Bonus, but since Baleful Strike stacks AP it's pretty useless.
Revive Veigar doesn't benefit from it. So I wouldn't pick it.
Promote Maybe as Heimerdinger on Dominion but not as Veigar.
Smite Since you need Baleful Strike lasthits it's pretty useless, maybe as Jungle Veigar.
Exhaust Never pick Exhaust for Veigar because you got an awesome stun.
Cleanse Who needs Cleanse if you got Flash.
Clairvoyance It's only a support spell, so don't pick it!
Heal Could be usefull but I wouldn't pick it, because you simply don't need it.
Ability's // Ability Sequence
||Kage's Lucky Pick
- Chalice of Harmony. This helps you to gain more mana reg by your runes and a better Baleful Strike farm.
Every lasthit with this skill gives you a permanent bonus of +1AP
and if you got Rabadon's Deathcap you'll gain for 4 lasthits +5AP! So in a average game you'll gain over +200AP without Rabadon's Deathcap's Passive!
You could also use it to farm some easy gold.
- Event Horizon will help you in many situations like escaping a gank, ganking or keep the enemy in place for Dark Matter
- "+80% of his target's ability power" it's simply AWESOME!
- You should level after this priority
- You should finish Baleful Strike first, to get more passvie AP trough minion & champion kills. After 10minutes ingame you shoud have at least +40AP
- Skill Primordial Burst whenever it's possible.
- You can also change the point from level 7 to level 8 if you want.
I start harassing at level 7 so I put the point in Dark Matter to get almost always an easy kill.
- Keep in mind, that you need at least 2 points in Event Horizon to get a hit with Dark Matter. Because Event Horizon stuns at level 2 for 1.75 seconds and the cast of Dark Matter is constant 1.2 seconds. But if your enemy gets early tenacity it may be of advantage to max out Event Horizon before Dark Matter
Skill Tipps & Tricks
How to stun!
To place the stun right with Veigar is very important! Here are some screenshots. How to use Event Horizon right, that you don't miss your Dark Matter
If you don't know how to stun right please read the explanation in the spoiler below <3
Early-Mid Game Harass/1-Shot Combo
+adding videos soon! <3
Your Harass combo should look like :
Event Horizon -> Dark Matter -> Baleful Strike
If you got the enemy at half life you should finish him off.
At level 6 it would be:
Event Horizon -> Dark Matter -> Baleful Strike -> Primordial Burst
If you got your core items with Deathfire Grasp you'll probably 1-combo kill the enemy ap carry.
Your 1-Combo Kill should look like:
Event Horizon -> Deathfire Grasp -> Dark Matter -> Baleful Strike -> Primordial Burst
- Try not to waste skills, do not overdo it.
It's better to use Baleful Strike 2x instead of wasting Primordial Burst.
Unless the enemy would otherwise escape.
- Keep in mind that items like Quicksilver Sash & Banshee's Veil could be a problem. Then you may should easy break them with Baleful Strike
- Also keep an eye on champion skills like:
Sivir's Spell Shield
Nocturne's Shroud of Darkness
Morgana's Black Shield
Vladimir's Sanguine Pool
They can change the whole situation e.g if you waste important skills on them.
They also could break easy your Event Horizon
Gameplay proofs // Hall of fame
Here are some Gameplay proofs:
Had succesful matches after using my guide? Feel free to post a screenshot and I'll add you to the Hall of Fame. (:
More pictures following :)