Hello everyone, Fallen here. I have been playing League of Legends since December of 2009. I feel that I am a veteran to the game and decided to post a build about a champion because I have noticed, not many people play Viktor well.
*Note* I am a casual player so this is for the basic player who just wants to have fun.
Now, let's start the guide.
I have a very different view on runes for my mages. Most of my mages use these runes. I know it seems ridiculous, but on Viktor, these runes are extremely effective. The AP/lvl stacks onto his hex core. I believe I start the game with 13 AP at lvl 1. By the time I am lvl 6 and the fights really start happening, I have more ap than most of the champions I fight against.
I build champions for late game because the power is needed then more than ever. Early game, anyone can sit a turret and defend, just keeping the enemy off of them. Mid game, you should always have a team mate with you so you don't need as much power as someone walking alone (who you will probably come across; This also happens to be your hardest part of the game.) Late game, Your ap/lvl is really high now, you should have alot of gold for items, and hopefully you should have outleveled most of the enemy team if not all of them.
Standard damage-mage masteries...'nough said. You can go 9/0/21 but I just feel this is better for someone who I plan on doing alot of damage with. Plus the masteries add on to my runes and his hex core and the Magic Penetration stacks with void staff.
Why these items?
- Lucidity boots - I almost always build my champions for late-game power. Sorcerer shoes really don't help that as much as the CD from these boots does.
- Archangel's staff - I have noticed that alot of times, people generally have mana problems early game, especially if they are spamming [Not overboard spamming] (which is what you should be doing to get minion kills and slowly lower the enemies health).
- Void Staff - This is the most vital part of your build. I build no other magic penetration except for the 10% from masteries. Along with this item you get exactly 49% magic pen. That will cut through a Rammus/Galio/Alistar pretty much any Magic resist you come up against. This is the reason I don't build Magic Pen anywhere else. (Ex. Take a 250 Magic resist rammus. Voidstaff, boots, and runes give you about 30 Flat MP and 50% MP / where my build gives you only 50% MP. They cut Rammus down to 110 MR, I cut it down to 125. They wasted more gold and rune slots on a difference of 15 Magic Resist) I know there are flaws to my reasoning, but if you are playing well enough, the enemy team WILL be building magic resist...guranteed. You are gonna need the extra ap instead of the 15 or so magic pen.
- Rabadon's Deathcap - A must for any damage mage. Just....trust me on this one.
- Rylai's OR Rod of Ages - I definitely prefer the ROA over Scepter. The AP over time adds to your AP/lvl runes. The mana adds more AP to your AA Staff. You get more health. Plus you get the benefit of a catalyst. The only reason I choose Rylai's is if I decide to augment my Q instead of my E. Then I slow them and give myself a speed buff....pretty undeniably effective right there.
- Augment - I always augment my E. The only other option in my mind is Q. Just choose one of those and you will be fine.
Vikotr's E, tough harder to land, ends up doing more damage over the course of the game than his Q...especially after the augmentations. After a couple level ups, you should be able to farm minion waves very easily and gain the upper hand in a 1v1. The range on E is incredible, so if you learn to land it, you can zone them out and just last hit.
As in most cases, level up your ultimate whenever you can. Q is the next most important spell. W is your least important, level it up last.
Viktor really can work with almost any summoner spell.
Flash - almost a must in the current game to help with early game ganks, mid game fights/ganks, and late game team fights.
Teleport - I've noticed alot of player's lately neglecting turrets so the minions push them. This spell really helps prevent that and backdooring yi's.
Clarity - alright if you start to have major mana problems....and I mean MAJOR.
Exhaust - Weakens your opponents damage and slow them?? Anyone can use this spell effectively.
Ignite - TRUE damage PLUS Damage over time, which stacks with your death ray augmentation.
You get the point. Every spell can be used on Viktor pretty effectively, it all depend on how you build him. The only spells I would consider for this build and this guide really are Flash, Teleport, Ignite, and Exhuast. Every person has their preferred set of Summoner spells, I suggest just using your own.
Viktor works exceptionally well with a team. His W is an aoe slow and stun, allowing your team to jump on them unharassed. Your E is a large line-aoe damage dealer that deals more damage over time. Your Q is a single target nuke to pick off those pesky ad carries which returns some of the damage as a sheild. You R silenced a decent area and constantly damages their team...all the while your team is bashing the enemy hard because all they see is they are taking damage from death ray, chaos storm, and being slowed by gravity field.
Viktor's Death Ray can scan bushes for you and reveal enemy champions. It can also be used over walls and cliffs.
The biggest problem I have seen with most people who play him is they are too aggressive. His starting item itself tells you how how play him, cautiously at first and then build into a powerhouse. You can't play him like you play Leblanc, it just isn't how you do it.
If there is anything you want to know more about, just let me know. I can probably answer any question you ask. I didn't have a lot of time to write it so, leave comments and vote.