Viktor Build Guide by minh43pinball
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Viktor with this build
|Lee Sin||Lee Sin can easily dodge Viktor's combo with his high mobility, so he is a real threat to the machine guy|
Hi!I'm GVT.Lotus, the Mid laner of GV Thunders(Vietnam), and today I'll show you how to build Viktor - one of my favorite champions. First of all, if you're lower than Gold V, then Viktor is not for you. This champ requires excellent control and reflex, not a champ for newcomers. So let's begin examining his abilities, and see what can he bring us!
Pros / Cons
- Excels in laning and trading skills
- High burst damage
- High Auto range (525)
- Low mobility due to no dash/blink/movement spells
- Not very much CC
- Requires high level of control and reflex
- Usually lack of resistance due to losing 1 slot to Perfect Hex Core
Of course Flash takes one slot. In the other slot I recommend:
- Ignite for aggresive players
- Heal/ Barrier for defensive players
- Exhaust versus heavy AD Assassins such as Zed / Yasuo / Talon / Kha'Zix /.....
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Seal of Scaling Health
Greater Glyph of Ability Power
Greater Glyph of Mana Regeneration
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
- 8x Greater Mark of Magic Penetration + 1x Greater Mark of Critical Chance
- 6x Greater Mark of Magic Penetration + 3x Greater Mark of Attack Damage
- 5x Greater Seal of Scaling Health + 4x Greater Seal of Scaling Armor
- 7x Greater Glyph of Ability Power + 2x Greater Glyph of Mana Regeneration
- 6x Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power + 3x Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
- 2x Greater Quintessence of Ability Power + 1x Greater Quintessence of Scaling Mana
Skill SequenceSiphon Power is your main damage dealer so it must be maxed first (lvl 9), then I recommended maxing Death Ray. Take only one point of Gravity Field at lvl 3 and max it last.
Of course, Siphon Power first. You usually got The Hex Core MK-1 at lvl 4 to 6, so at this time your Siphon Power is your main source of damage. Evolving this first and 30% movement speed gained will helpyou very much in laning and escaping.
Then at The Hex Core MK-2 (usu lvl 9) it is up to the situation. Evolved Gravity Field act almost like a minimized Orianna's Command: Shockwave, while evolving Death Ray gives you more damage in combat.
Perfect Hex Core
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Before lvl 8:
Your focus at this time is to finish Lich Bane and upgrade your Prototype Hex Core to The Hex Core MK-1. Lich Bane is a very important item since it helps Viktor ultilize his Siphon Power - Auto combo. At this phase, if you have more than 1000 gold when you come home, UPGRADE IMMEDIATELY! Else, buy yourself a piece of Lich, and continue.
Lvl 9 -> Lvl 13:
You must finish your Liandry's Torment and The Hex Core MK-2. If you're very green then you can go straight to Perfect Hex Core, else just finish your Liandry first
Lvl 13 after:
Finish your build. Remember to finish your Perfect Hex Core after finishing your 3rd item (usu Zhonya's Hourglass). You can build aggresive or defensive depends on the situation.
Will of the Ancients or Hextech Gunblade if you want the Spell Vamp
Banshee's Veil instead of Rylai's Crystal Scepter for more defense
Void Staff or Abyssal Scepter if the opponent are building too much MR
- Don't hestitate to trade skills with your opp. The shield from your Siphon Power will give you an advantage.
- Try to corner them and force them to lose CS.
- Be careful! Since Viktor has to escaping skill, he is an easy target to their jungler.
Gravity Field - Siphon Power - Auto - Death Ray - Chaos Storm
Then use as much Siphon Power - Auto as you can.
* Stay safe! Viktor is way to squishy to jump into combat. Positioning is very important!