Viktor Build Guide by DemiGod77
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Pros and Cons
This just adds on to your already amazing Death Ray and gives it a dot(Damage Over Time) Of course I don't max the Death Ray first, but this will help give it what it needs to balance out with Power Transfer
I cannot appreciate this item anymore than I already do, it just gives so much AP that it's a must have for any AP carry.
This item gives Viktor the feeling of being a tank, whilst he is able to annihilate enemies in short combos
These two items are optional, I myself prefer the Void Staff, but sometimes you just don't need THAT much magic penetration. So Lich Bane is a really good item to add on to Viktor's mana and nuke capabilities if nothing else.
These are the summoner spells that I prefer to use for Viktor, Flash so that I can surprise an enemy and instantly take them out with all of my abilities, and Ignite to add on to the already numerous amounts of dot Viktor has.
These summoner spells are optional, Ghost will help you get out of sticky situations without being out of luck as soon as you use it. Teleport enables you to go back to base without consequences farm wise. Finally, Clarity enables you to stay in lane longer due to never running out of mana.
I haven't used any of the optional abilities myself, but I've studied how they might be effective in certain situations.
Abilities(With details on how to use them)
- Q Power Transfer- This ability to me, is the whole shabang. It does a moderate amount of damage, and returns a portion of that damage back to you to form a shield. I've seen so many guides that detest that this is easily countered. Sure you don't have as much range as the Death Ray, but you can't dodge it. One reason I find this a good ability to start with: mild damage coming your way? Q a minion. Congrats, you just avoided any possible damage. But enough about this ability for now.
- W Gravity Field- Gravity field, is what makes up for Viktor's slow movement. When placed correctly, this can either ensure a kill, or ensure your survival. You have to do a little thinking with this one, you always want to try to determine where your enemy is headed to next. If you think you have his route figured out, place the field and stun him. If you did it correctly he will be stunned long enough for you to use all of your abilities on him and probably kill him.
- E Death Ray- This is what gives Viktor his range, though not what I would suggest to lead into a fight with, still excellent harass if you can land it. This ability when combined with the Augment death is very effective.
- R Chaos Storm- This is the big finale, the main dot that Viktor has. If done correctly, and timed just right, you can kill a Tryndamere before he can even go into Undying Rage.
So it's late game, you have all of your abilities, and you don't know exactly how to cast them in order. Allow me to help you!
When dealing with a one on one situation
2.By now you've got a good idea of where your opponent is going to be positioned throughout the fight, place a Gravity Field on that spot.
3.Now your enemy is unable to do anything, take advantage of this by landing Death Ray and Chaos Storm flawlessly.
4.If he isn't dead by now, finish him off with Ignite. You can breath now. That wasn't so hard now was it?
When dealing with a team fight situation
2.Place the ability that you didn't place before, either Chaos Storm or Gravity Field.
3.Now this is the hard part, you really only have one shot to place your Death Ray exactly where it will help your team the most, and with Augment: Death it will help. Try to hit as many enemies as possible.
4.Now if your team has been successful, there might be a few enemies left running around with very low health, this is where Viktor gets his pay off. Just pick them off with Power Transfer and watch as the kills roll in.
Now I'm going to get into a real game.
In Summoner's Rift.
Thank you guys for sticking with my guide thus far, I hope you give it a chance. I know it's not the longest of guides, but I'll make it pretty later on. For now this is just the basic info you need to own with Viktor. I want to say thank you to all of the original artists of the art on this guide, as I had nothing to do with them. And by no means should this be the only guide you look at, combine a mixture of guides until you formulate your own guide!
In The Future
I intend to make this the best Viktor guide on Mobafire, a challenging task of course, but one that I want completed none the less. There are a few things that I plan on doing in the future.
- Listing various champions that you would go against, and the strategies you would need.
- Make the guide pretty(I intend to call in a few favors from a few skilled artists)
- Elaborate on several of the chapters, going deeper into detail.
- I also intend to experiment with things I would usually never do, just to bring you guys every available possibility.
Once again, thank you for reading.