Lulu Build Guide by Jeywind
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Midlane, Ability Power
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Lulu with this build
|Akali||Kiting akalis are somehow easy for Lulu it'll render her skills worthless with your vision, shield and polymorph. Your job is to keep an eye on her on team fights while supporting and dealing damage, dont let your carries die.|
|Katarina||Good Katarinas keep an eye out of your polymorph and your ult.. Your job is to keep an eye on her same as akali|
|Teemo||Teemos are easy to beat since you don't rely on your basic attack too much.. Also if Lulu is blinded, Pix is not. Vision wards will always come-in-handy.|
Who? What? Where? Why? When? (Intro)
|Who am I?
-Hello my IGN is Jeyfeix and I main Lulu
-She's very fun to play with with the baits and kites
-She can cover all five roles but I like playing Mid or support
-I made a guide to help and share some of my skills
-Hope I help you and enjoy thanks C:
-Please give a feedback after you've read the full guide
-Always remember to help and share your blessings ^^
-Lulu will help you kill jerky champions who abuse/bully you or your adc (Nocturne for example)
-So give Lulu a shot and play!
What is your:
- Rank/Division? - Diamond 5 Currently ATM
- Playstyle? - Support or Mid
- Win Rate for Lulu? - Not Gonna Tell C:
Where do you:
- Play? - At Home, PH Server
- Lane Most? - Botlane as a Support
Why do you:
- Main Lulu? - because it matches my play style "Fun, Baiting, Supporting while carrying, matches a champion who is unique, and can do all five roles
- Play Support Often, its boring? - I believe that I have the mindset to play as support since I cant carry my teammates hardly
- Craft this guide if you're maining suppport Lulu? - Who told you that mid lulu cant support? xD
- Is it best to pick AP Lulu? - When there is a CC'ful tank and a hypercarry who you trust
- Did you start playing? - Before Lulu was Released
- To Act aggresively? - When you can handle the enemy jungler and mid lane at the same time
- To be confident - When your teammates trust you that you'll carry and protect them
Advantage / Disadvantages
- Annoying / Strong Poke
- Strong Kiting / Micro capability
- Has a 2-way use of her skill
- Alot of CC
- Makes hypercarries' killing potential doubled
- She's cute
- Strong Minion-clearing capability
- Easy to escape ganks
- Low-Powered All-ins
- Hard to Carry on her own (Teammate-reliant)
- Low mana base pool
- Weak at Early Game
- Low movement spd (325)
- CC dumpsters her
- Cant dash over walls except flash
- Sorcery - You wont be needing attspd
- Feast - A little sustain (You can get DE-Sword if you want)
- Natural Talent - A Little AP / AD boost its cool.
- Oppressor - Since Lulu deals alot of CC
- Savagery - Since you need to farm more than to roam
- Secret Stash - This will give you a nice boost for sustain from the potions
- Meditation - Lulu is hungry for Purple and Mana
- Dangerous Game - Can save you from ignite after having a tough skirmish
- Intelligence - CDR is the best thing to buff Lulu.
- Thunderlord's Decree - This will make your all-ins more powerful (E >> Basic Attack >> Sheen >> Q)
*You can go 18/12 if you want
*You can Take Precision if you want to
*You can build masteries from Resolve if you want but I personally don't like it
BEST Runes (IMO)
Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction
Greater Glyph of Scaling Cooldown Reduction
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
|9x Flat Magic Pen (Mark)
- For Denial of magic resist early game
9x Flat Armor (Seal)
- For lower damage intake from basic attacks and AD mid Champions
6x CDR Flat and 3x Scaling CDR (Glyphs)
- For Lulu to reach the max CDR which is essential
- 5% - Intelligence Mastery
- 5% - Flat CDR Glyphs
- 20% - Morellonomicon
- 10% - Lich Bane
- 5% - Scaling CDR Glyphs
= 45% Max Cooldown Reduction at Level 18
3x Quintessences of Ability Power
- Since there are no other better runes than this one IMO for Lulu
- You can swap it for mspd, magic pen or Scaling ability quintessences if youd like
Summoner Spells (When, Why, and What to pick)
(Any role) Will be NEEDED on lulu since she doesn't have skills to go over walls helps your abilities as well
(Any role) This will help Lulu to increase her kill potential get it if you want a kill-pressured lane
(Except Support) If you want to bait and prioritize defense take this, It is a reverse alternative to ignite
(Top)(Mid) Grab this when you lane Top and need to control more map pressure
(Mid)(Support) Its not bad to take it... but other spells are better to grab IMO
(Jungler) This is definitely a necessity on lulu when you jungle.. I hate u when you still lane and get smite.
(All roles) Same as heal, there are other spells that are better to grab
(All roles) Hmm not bad, it helps you deny the CCs from protecting and healing
(Support)(Mid) If you see hard all-ins coming this might be handy but I never took it on mid lane
Pix, The Wild Faerie Companion
Pix is a wild Faerie that accompanies Lulu. Pix will fire a barrage of magical energy at targets that Lulu attacks.
Your passive makes your basic attacks NOT worthless for an AP Caster Champion. This is your mini Nashor's tooth. Blinds cannot disable this.
Pix and Lulu each fire a bolt of magical energy that heavily slows all enemies it hits. An enemy can only be damaged by one bolt.
Lulu and Pix each fire a piercing bolt dealing 80/125/170/215/260 (+50% Ability Power) magic damage, slowing enemies hit by 80% for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 second(s). This slow decays over time.An enemy can only be damaged by one bolt.
- This is your main damaging skill.. It has a great pushing capability, poke, and a slow.. This will keep enemies away from reaching you and will force them to back away if they take alot of damage from it.
If cast on an ally, grants them Movement Speed for a short time. If cast on an enemy, turns them into an adorable critter that can't attack or cast spells.
On Ally Cast: Target ally gains 30 (+5% Ability Power)% Movement Speed for 3/3.25/3.5/3.75/4 seconds.
On Enemy Cast: Polymorphs an enemy champion for 1.25/1.5/1.75/2/2.25 seconds, disabling their ability to attack or cast spells and reducing their base Movement Speed by 60.
- This is your main mobility and CC skill as it polymorphs and speeds you up.. Use this on teammates who has a chasing CC capability (examples are: Maokai, Alistar, Ekko)
If cast on an ally, commands Pix to jump to an ally and shield them. He then follows them and aids their attacks. If cast on an enemy, commands Pix to jump to an enemy and damage them. He then follows them and grants you vision of that enemy.
On Ally Cast: Commands Pix to jump to an ally and then follow and aid their attacks instead of Lulu's for 6 seconds. If the ally is a champion, Pix shields them from 80/120/160/200/240 (+60% Ability Power) damage for 6 seconds.
On Enemy Cast: Pix deals 80/110/140/170/200 (+40% Ability Power) magic damage to target enemy unit. Pix then follows and grants vision of them for 4 seconds.
- This is your main shielding and vision skill, it catches of escaping enemies with a dash or invisible skill in their kit by following up Q while pix is on them.
Lulu enlarges an ally, knocking nearby enemies into the air and granting the ally a large amount of bonus health. For the next few seconds, that ally gains an aura that slows nearby enemies.
Lulu enlarges her ally, knocking nearby enemies into the air. For 7 seconds, her ally gains 300/450/600 (+50% Ability Power) bonus health and slows nearby enemies by 30/45/60%.
- This is your main baiting skill, it gives u a pack of HP, knock and slows to chase everyone who engages in a melee range. Use this to rescue teammates or use it on a tank for its passive. Giving the Size buff on the tank makes them catch the skillshots more often and an easy way to catch with the Growth's slow.
ALWAYS TAKE A POINT OF YOUR ULT- Your main baiting Skill
- Not a single target ability unlike E
- Easy Farming Skill
- Main Pushing / Harass / Damaging skill
E (2nd Maximization)
- Main Bait Skill before you get your ult
- It provides vision for enemies entering the bushes
- It helps your Glitterlance to hit easily
- Even at one point it is still very useful
- Maxing it provides more mspd duration or polymorph duration
ALWAYS TAKE A POINT OF YOUR ULT- Your main baiting Skill
E (1st Maximization)
- More protection for your ADC
- It provides vision for enemies entering the bushes
- To let your ADC farm creeps more freely.
W (2nd Maximization)
- Easier Counter Ganks
- More Duration for CC/polymorph
- Easier gap close when chasing
- You only need its slow
- used to help your ADC to chase enemies down
-If you really want to main Lulu.. You need to learn how to use the Self-Skilling (Alt + Skill)
- By learning Self-skilling it would be easier for you to use Lulu and cast skills simoultaneously
- For Example: You dont need to hover your cursor to yourself to shield which brings your casts to the enemies slower
Offensive Poke Combo(Mid lane)
-With this combo make sure to hit your Q
-This will proc Lich Bane, Hextech Revolver, and your Thunderlord's Decree
Alt + >>> >>> AA >>>
Counter Poke Combo(Mid Lane)
-Make Sure you go for your combo first before he casts his
-Dont cast polymorph at the farthest range so you could catch him up with your Q and E
-Same procs as the first combo
>>> >>> AA >>>
Defensive Engage Combo(Mid lane)
- Best Kiting/Escaping Combo
- Try to not take any damage of your hp from your shield
- Try to dodge skillshots
Alt + >>> Alt + >>> >>> AA >>>
Pix Look-Out Combo(Mid Lane)
- Use this when your enemy is at low health and still farming
- This time pretend that pix is your champion
- Make sure the camera is on pix
- Don't let the minion that has pix die (Also on Champions too)
- Very useful when both of you are at low HP and thinks that you have recalled
- If you use it on your team minions it wont be noticed too much
- Very useful at moving minions
- Be fast and sure of her Q
- Move Lulu on a safe place (Away or unable to be seen)
(on creeps) >>>
Assassin Counter Combo
- Use this when melee-burst champions engage
- Katarina or Akali is countered by this combo
- Best thing to do to counter tower dives
- Needs Casting to have a great timing
Alt ++ >>> Alt +>>>
- Always sacrifice for your ADC
- Play safely
- Do not overextend without a ward on the river
- Ward before engage
Full Protect Combo(Support)
Alt ++ >>> Alt +>>>
- I don't have to explain this one
- Best to Counter a Gank
Out Trade Combo(Support)
- Best basic poke for Lulu on the botlane
- Try to not take any damage
>>> Alt + >>>
Full Offensive Duo Combo(Support)
- 2v2 Engaging
- Make sure your top has TP and your team jungler is near
- Make sure you have wards that are in the best advanced position
-ADC- >>> >>>
Items (Alternatives and Core)
|*You definitely want doran's ring for your Starting items, hence if you know that you are losing your lane you can go back and buy spellthief's edge for the gold passive and sell it when you're playing good and winning the game.
1. Boots of Swiftness
-Lulu needs to catch off enemies with her skill this might be a great choice to counter their slows and their skillshots
-You can exchange it for Sorcerer's Shoes
2. Lich Bane
-This is definitely a need for lulu since she lacks all-ins.
-Also this procs even when you buff yourself.
-The passive stats gives Lulu a nice boost too
-The proc-aura on your arm is PURPLE
3. Hextech Revolver
- The Unique-Passive makes lulu's poke more ouch-y
- The Cooldown isnt that long too plus it makes your execution to the enemies easier
- I also recommend you to don't buy the Active Hextech items early
- Lulu needs mana, cooldown, and a nice boost of ability power at the game to stay in the lane easier so I dont need to explain this item too
5. Rabadon's Deathcap
- Alot boost of AP wont hurt you, would it?
6. Ludens Echo
- You needs its passive aswell as its movement speed for more capability to chase and dodge skillshots
7. Hextech GLP-800
- This will help you slow down enemies in a burst plus its like winter wonder Lulu glitterlances.. This can make your enemy confused if you have casted glitterlance yet.
8.You can go for Rylai's Crystal Scepter if you want to play more defensively
you can either exchange Luden's or GLP-800 For it.
9.You can go for Void Staff if your enemies builds magic resist .You can either exchange Luden's or GLP-800 For it.
10.You can go for Zhonya's Hourglass if you want to kite more and if you lane against an AD (for example Zed, Yasuo, and Talon). You can either exchange Luden's or GLP-800 For it.
11.You can go for Guardian Angel if you sense that the enemy team focuses on you, it also gives you a boost for your defenses. You can either exchange Luden's or GLP-800 For it.
12.I don't like Abyssal Scepter on Lulu but if you're laning against an AP counter to Lulu this is a great ideal item to take. You can either exchange Luden's or GLP-800 For it.
13. Hextech Protobelt-01 - If you need an instant gapclose and a slight amount of CDR this would help you out
14. Nashor's Tooth - I love this item as it helps you push and farm alot, also a great buff to your pix and kiting kit.
15. Banshee's Veil - This is the best defense item in mid lane as it nullifies a skill, your advantage is that you can damage first your enemy before he damages you even if he hits you first.
16. Hextech Gunblade - If you like the Revolvers passive and a little bit more of sustain grab these
17. Liandry's Torment - Mpen and DoT kinda good... But you focus on their carries first. Treat this like a defensive void staff. I dont recommend you to buy it but its okay.
18. Mejai's Soulstealer - Feel like your team is going ham? and has alot of advantages? Supporting or killing gives you more AP? Grab this thing up.
19. Athene's Unholy Grail - Its a good choice but I wanted it A LOT MORE before it was reworked. This is one of my item I use for support now tho.
Creeping / Jungling
Watch out for your jungler if he wants to give you the Crest of insights or ask for it.. Its a mini Athene's Unholy Grail before it was reworked.. AP, CDR, Mana regen would give you a nice boost
If you want to check bushes, Glitterlance might come in handy. Glitterlance has a sound effect whenever it hits a champion, a creep, or a monster. In this case checking Dragon is easy. Dragon is either dragged or gone. Ward before you check.
Soloing Large Monsters
Make sure your glitterlance hit the smaller monsters and the Large one at the same time to maximize your damage.. you might want to get back to the lane with alot of hp. Kite the Large monsters in the jungle and whenever they're going to hit you ALT+E and move into a safe place again to minimize/nullify their damage
Lane Farming and Pushing
This is how I maximize damage to farm creeps and push.. I also use this whenever a champion gets in the middle. So try to hit the champions + the creeps with your Q to maximize its usage.
Teamwork or Teamfights
|As a Lulu here are you Jobs
- Help the hypercarries
- CC and Kill their hypercarries
- Keep you and your teammates alive
- Poke as much as possible before clash
- To finish the game early
- Maximize the duration of the CCs
- To Catch off running enemies
- To provide big control for the map (Warding, pushing)
- To Bait enemies and get advantage from it
- To provide vision for champions that has invisibility
As a Lulu here are the things you need to Watch out
- Sets (Do not get caught by it)
- Team and Enemy Jungler
- Dragon and Baron
- Your Lane and who you play against
- Chatbox for Communications and MiA Signals
- Blue Buff
- Enemy item builds
During Ranked Play
|Here's what I do during a ranked play
-Check Runes and Masteries
-Try to ask for a Hyper Carry in chat
-Check if Lulu is Countered or Not
-Check mine and my teammates' spells
-Predict the powerspikes of my teammates' and my enemies' powerspike
(Early Game) Levels 1-5
-Farm and poke ASAP and as much as possible safely
-Ask my Jungler for Blue Buff and ganks when my enemy's position is advanced
-Not Advancing when my minion are pushing their turrets (Unless when I know I can handle them both)
-Buy early spellthief's edge even when I'm winning my lane for more Gold
(Mid Game) Levels 6-10
-Aware on the Map
-Checking if the other lanes are safe
-Checking the Epic Monsters
-Counter Ganking/ Ganking
(Late Game) Levels 11-16
-Stick with my teammates
-Ask for cooperation
-Get a nice strategy
-Aware on Clashes
-Glitterlance/ Ward bush checking
-Look for your teammate that does the most damage
(End Game) Levels 17-18
-Completing my build before the other team
-Try to end the game ASAP
-Hunt for Epic monsters
-Always ask your teammates to stick together
-Full force on clashes (Ace's will be a big advantage for you to push or get epic monsters)
So here's FIRST my Guide
Hope you guys enjoyed, Please give me a feedback about my guide
Or if there are corrections I'm open to change it
If you'd like this guide, please rate it or favorite it
And if you don't please comment or message me so I could change/add it
If this guide works I can make my support/top/jungle guide also
I updated and upgraded it 6/27/16