Volibear Build Guide by n3krO
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
You will be playing solo in top so you take frenzy to gain attack speed and to use it on enemy champ if he goes near ur minions.
If you are playing against gankplank u can also take rolling thunder for first summoner spell and do not kill any creep, when gankplank is pushing ur turret, you use it and pull him into ur turret, if will be incentivated to shot at youu when u go near him so when you put him back to the turret the turret will give him a great ammount of damage.
If you are playing against meeles solo top champs, just use the first tatic.
If playing against wukong use the Roar first so when you see he freezed, you use it to deal him damage and slow him down.
If your enemy has low hp make sure he can gain some advantage in your lane while you wait for the jungler, if it's garen make sure you attack some creeps to do frenzy on him so he wont gain his passive.
After having Warmog's it's time to decide what to buy first: ThornMail or Force of Nature...
First you look what's their jungle... it will make an important role since even if your team is owning, the jungle is the only guy on the other team that can make them win.
Then take a look who did more slayns in their team, the ad carry or the mid ap.
If jungle is ap and mid ap has many slayns then it's better to buy force of nature and banshe's veil. If jungle is ad and ad carry had many slayns it's better buy ThornMail and Sunfire Cape.
If it's very balanced you buy ThornMail and Force of Nature (not only for magic resistance but also for health regen).
If ad carry died to much buy force of nature only and if ap carry died to much buy only force of nature.
If your team is really owning u can buy another warmog's or a phantom dancer.
You will be tank for both champs and turrets and you will be carry, use your ulti when in teamfights, it will boost the damage done, save ur Q for when one is running away and try to save frenzy to kill offtanks with 30% of their hp.
Even if you had a bad start, in this part you will get your KDR over 1 ;)
Pros / Cons
- Due to your tanky items, your frenzy will deal lots of damage to people with less then 50% hp. You can also use it to do last hit on baron in late game. Have a ward on baron after 30 minutes of the match start, if they are attacking baron you go behind the wall and flash there when baron has less then 2000 hp and do frenzy (less then 5000 hp if the enemy carry is really fed).
- Your passive makes you a great teamfight end, it's common to see volibear doing triple kill. This is why you need tanky items, the passive will heal you a great amount due to it.
- Only master yi can run of you, Q is even faster then kassadin's "flash".
- Your passive is useless early game and against fed enemies.
- Unlike others offtanks, alone you are almost useless.
- Your items are all high cost.