Udyr Build Guide by Digriiz
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello to my jungle Udyr guide. This is a guide about the two ways of playing jungle Udyr. Let me tell you something about Udyr.
Udyr was the champion that introduced me to jungling and still one of my favourite champions. He is very fast jungler with unique abilities that make him one of the best junglers in the game.
Mouse-over any items or abilities to see their tooltip.
(for any abbreviations you don't understand)
Pros / Cons
General Pros and Cons of Udyr.
- Can stun alot in teamfights and is often the key to win one.
- Has free lifesteal from his W
- Nice damage on both builds
- No real gap closer
- Stances have global CD so you can't Insta-switch them
Pros and Cons of Phoenix Udyr:
- Awesome transition
- Can build tanky and still do damage
- Realy hard to die
- Needs to stay in Phoenix Stance to do damage
- Most damage of Phoenix stance comes from its passive so you need to hit them atleast 3 times to do some good damage.
Pros and Cons of Tiger Udyr
-Better burst damage and ganks than Phoenix
-Doesn't need to stay in Tiger Stance since most of the damage comes from the active.
- Bad transition
- More item-dependant than Phoenix
For Phoenix you want to build like a tank and getting some movement speed bonuses since you realy need it on Udyr.
As Tiger stance you want more damage since you are an tanky-dps so its better to put more poings in Offence.
For Phoenix you want Atack Speed Marks, Armor yellows (for every jungler), MR or MR/5 blues and Movement Speed Quints. For Tiger however you want some AD and ArP since you focus more on damage.
Greater Mark of Alacrity
Greater Seal of Resilience
Greater Glyph of Shielding
Greater Quintessence of Swiftness
Greater Mark of Desolation Greater Mark of Desolation x6 and Greater Mark of Strength x3
Greater Seal of Resilience
Greater Glyph of Shielding
Greater Quintessence of Strength
- You take Smite because you're not a jungler without it.
- Then Flash since you dont have a gap closer and it's also needed for initiating.
- Not a bad spell if you just suck with flashing but i dont like it because Bear Stance is like a mini Ghost.
Pretty simple you max out Phoenix, then Turtle because of the sustain, then Bear Stance and last Tiger (only cause there isnt anything else to rank)
The only difference is that in Phoenix you don't realy need Tiger so its the same with this - you dont realy need Phoenix so you max it last.
What to buy at start
- Always good to start since you have enough sustain and the more movement speed will make ganks way easier. Buy this if you are going to gank alot.
- If you don't have Armor runes always start with this and its kinda good if you are invading with your team because of the more survivability or if you are still wondering wil ganks be easy or wil you have to farm alot.
- Only viable for Tiger and if you are just gonna be farming and dont expect to get many ganks.
- Nice first item if you plan on buying a Philo. Stone.
- This is how i like to start on Tiger Udyr (and Warwick too) since it gives you more damage and you dont realy need mutch sustain since you will just use Tiger Stance once for the DoT and then switch to turtle.
- Works on Tiger, since you can start with any damage item.
Good sustain but you dont buy it on Phoenix since you want to buy more like a tank.
Nice on both Tiger and Phoenix but it's just better for Phoenix.
Not bad since you don't have initiation move exept Flash and still make's you tanky.
When your Support gets Aegis you should prolly get this item. Nice on both builds but i dont get it on tiger since Frozen Mallet gets you more CC and damage.
Most of the time on Tiger i would buy this but if you are feeling too squishy then buy Warmog's instead.
Warmog's Amor's best friend. Gives you enough damage if you are building like a Tanky dps. Can also work with Frozen Mallet.
Pretty awesome for tanking and if you are going to buy it, first buy a Hearth of Gold and you will have lot's of gold and a safe late-game.
Althought its kinda expensive it gives you sooo mutch damage, expecialy as Tiger Stance. Want to rape everyone - this is the item for you.
Aegis of The Legion
Not bad item but its better for your support to buy it, althought if he doesn't you should buy it.
The Black Cleaver
Awesome on Tiger since Armor Stackers rape you as Tiger Stance Udyr and it gives you some AS so it's realy nice on tiger.
Force of Nature
Enemy AP's are raping you? NP Buy this item :D
You should rarely be able to buy this but when you get your full build as Tiger sell Wriggle's and buy this.
It works with your Turtle stance but still it doesn't make mutch difference so i rarely buy it.
Getting CC-ed too mutch that you cant deal any damage? - This is the item for you.
Good on every champion.
Not a bad item, expecialy if the enemy team has Karthus.
ALL CREDIT GOES TO STONEWALL008!
Sometimes though you should change your path.
When invading at level 2 you should save your smite at Blue, go to their red (if you are sure they start at blue) and kill it. (Don't do this against Lee Sin, Shyvana, Nocturne, Cho'gath and others since they can start at Red buff)
Another thing to do is when jungling against Shyvana (The best counter-jungler ATM) is that you kill Wolves, your Blue and then Go to do your Red imidietly if you don't want if to get stolen.
Ganking as Phoenix
You should always try to gank the most over-extending lane. Go with Bear Stance, Maul them and switch to Phoenix to do some damage as they just melt.
Ganking as Tiger
Tiger is the build with better ganking, since you dont need to wait for your third attack to do lots of damage. Yet again try to gank the most over-extending lane but here comes the part with the tricks. You can activate your Q before you activate your E so when you get close enough to stun them you will also put a DoT on them. This is the reason why Tiger is slightly better at ganking than Phoenix.
When playing as Phoenix you should use Flash or Shurelia's to initiate and stun them with Bear Stance and then keep stunning other ppl, then you can switch to Phoenix and try to help your team with damage.
As Tiger you should wait for your tank to initiate, focus their carries with your Q and then just switch to Bear Stance and start mauling their faces while your team rapes them. Try to activate the DoT from Tiger Stance as mutch as possible and just rape the other team.
TL;DR Pick Tiger if your team needs damage, pick Phoenix if you need a tank.
Soo yea thanks for reading my Udyr guide, remember to comment if you want to ask or add something and if you liked the guided be sure to show it to me by Liking it.
[S3] Udyr, Flight of the Phoenix (Jungle)
Primal Domination (Solo Top)
By -NA- Veng Lmfao
Udyr - Beast beyond measure, Tiger Jungling
Udyr, Chuck Norris's older brother !