Draven Build Guide by OrangeNBlueFish
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Pros / Cons
*More health and damage than other carries early game
*Bleed on crit useful for taking down last sliver of health
*Good CC with his E spell Stand Aside
*Global ult good for finishing
*Amazing late game damage if played correctly
*Extremely high risk play
*Can be shut down with CC easily
*Not good escaping maneuvers compared to other carries
*If played badly early/mid game, suffers greatly late game
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
* Greater Mark of Attack Damage is a must for most AD carries. Armor penetration marks are also viable, but I personally prefer these for more damage early game.
* Greater Seal of Armor adds some good early game armor to Draven to prevent him from being overwhelmed by the enemy AD carry.
* Greater Glyph of Magic Resist is the same concept as the armor seals. It gives Draven some extra defense against enemy magic users, whether it be the support, or a gank.
* Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage is also a must for most carries, as it adds on very good early game AD to help secure kills and get Draven fed early.
Draven's masteries emphasize on his early damage output, with some utility to make things easier for him. He will also get a bit of life steal. While some of these don't do much, every bit counts, and that life steal, death time reduction, or recall time reduction, could win fights of help defend your base in crucial situations.
* Spinning Axe - This is Draven's iconic move, which gives him extra damage, and ricochets of targets, letting him instantly throw another if caught. This is his bread and butter attack, and will provide a lot of damage in fights. Max this first to maximize Draven's damage output
* Blood Rush - This move increases Draven's movement speed and attack speed for a short time. It has a considerable cooldown for the time it lasts, but the catch is that whenever Draven catches a spinning axe, the move instantly refreshes, making the cooldown near irrelevant. I max this last, as the improvement in speed isn't noticeable enough for me, and the cooldown is not a problem due to its refresh.
* Stand Aside - This is Draven's CC attack, which deals damage and knocks aside enemies, slowing them for a second or two. I find that people vastly underestimate this move. It deals damage, pushes enemies back, and slows them. I max it second, to get its damage up, and cooldown down.
* Whirling Death - This is a global ultimate that hits once, them reverses for a second pass. It automatically reverses when it hits the edge of the map, hits an enemy champion, or Draven reactivates the ability. As normal, get it at 6, 11, and 16.
* This item build represents a build in which Draven does well early, if he starts losing, get 2 Doran's Blade before building the Infinity Edge, and maybe build a Pickaxe before a B.F. Sword when making the Infinity Edge
* Starting with boots and health potions give Draven speed to move around lane, and some regen if he get down on health
* B.F. Sword can greatly increase his damage early on, helping him secure more kills. If he does not do good early, grab 2 Doran's Blade before getting a B.F. Sword
* berzerker's greaves give Draven attack speed to help him pump out attacks faster, and take down opponents.
* Infinity Edge can maximize Draven's attack, while giving him crit chance for more damage output.
* Phantom Dancer can give Draven much needed attack speed, more crit chance to add extra damage and his passive, as well as bonus movement speed for chasing down opponents
* The Bloodthirster will give Draven more AD, as well as some life steal to help him survive longer in team fights
* Guardian Angel gives defense against physical attacks, as well as a revive to keep Draven in the fight longer, or help him escape sticky situations
*The rest of the items are situational. The Black Cleaver for more speed and armor reduction to help whittle down tankier opponents, Frozen Mallet to help Draven survive, as well as chase down opponents with the slow, Last Whisper to help take down tanks, Madred's Bloodrazor if the enemy team is super tanky, and Maw of Malmortius if the enemy team is AP heavy.
* I usually take Flash, for positioning and a getaway, or to chase down opponents. This is pretty standard
* Ignite will help taking down very low opponents, as well as help with opponents with high health regen, such as Dr. Mundo
* Cleanse can help Draven get rid of CC to escape bad situations, making it a useful spell
* Ghost gives movement and no collision with players and minions, helping as an escape of chasing tool. I find Flash to be more useful in most situations, though.
* Heal can help Draven regain health in bad situations, but I usually don't take it, as the support or tank will usually have it to use when necessary
* Teleport can help get you around the map easier, to help defend key points when you cant get there intime
* Exhaust will help Draven chase down fleeing opponents, as well as get away when your health is low
* Surge will provide attack speed, but it isn't very helpful, as Draven will have good attack speed already, and has his W to buff it
* If I did not mention a certain summoner spell, then it is because I do not think it considerable for Draven to use. These are all spells I think could help Draven. I personally run Flash and Ignite
Gameplay Throughout the Match
* Draven plays very aggressively early on, catching his spinning axes to ramp up the damage. When presented with the chance, jumping on opponent with Stand Aside and Spinning Axe, along with whatever CC your support gan give, provides good damage for early kills
* This is mostly the same as early game. Draven should focus on farm, and coordinate fights with his team, helping him get fed for better items for his late game
* This is when Draven is in his prime. If played well, Draven will have good damage, attack speed, and crit chance, making him do massive damage in fights. At this point, spinning axes aren't as important, and should only be caught when convenient, or when chasing down enemies, as it will fall along his path.