Malzahar Build Guide by VM Yeti
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
Basic Playstyle Explanations
- AP (Standard): High damage d.o.t. reliant sustain caster/ Massive ult damage for almost guaranteed kill [Very Viable]
- AP (Bruiser): Probably the least effective but provides tankyness and damage due to high base abilities, use only if team is in need of both a tank and magic damage [Far Below Average]
- AD (Standard): Relies almost exclusively on Summon Voidling passive, make sure you have it stacked up then Nether Grasp someone and it's almost a guaranteed kill due to high base abilities and AD scaling voidlings [Below Average]
- AD (Bruiser): Jumps into teamfights and Nether Grasp carry for team to clean up, voidlings will deal sustained damage to enemies while you CC lock [Below Average]
- AD (Jungle): Same idea as standard AD Malz but has larger map presence, ganks are sub-par before 6 but a well placed Call of the Void can prove deadly to enemies who rely on their escape abilites [Viable]
Summon Voidling: PASSIVE: On every fourth ability use, Malzahar summons a Voidling that remains on the field until it is killed or 21 seconds have passed. If Malzahar dies, the Voidling stays behind but stops attacking.
Voidlings Grow after 7 seconds (+50% Damage/Armor), and Frenzy after 14 seconds (+100% Attack Speed).
Call of the Void: ACTIVE: Malzahar opens up two portals to the Void 400 range from each other. After a short delay, power erupts from them, damaging and silencing all enemies caught between the portals.
MAGIC DAMAGE: 80 / 135 / 190 / 245 / 300 (+ 80% AP)
SILENCE DURATION: 1.4 / 1.8 / 2.2 / 2.6 / 3
RANGE: 900 | COST: 80 / 85 / 90 / 95 / 100 Mana | COOLDOWN: 9
Null Zone: ACTIVE: Malzahar creates a 250-radius zone of negative energy for 5 seconds. Enemies that stand in the zone take magic damage every second equal to a percentage of their maximum health (capped at 120 to monsters and minions).
MAGIC DAMAGE PER SECOND: 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8% (+1% per 100 AP) of enemies' maximum health
MAX DAMAGE: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% (+5% per 100 AP) of enemies' maximum health
RANGE: 800 | COST: 90 / 95 / 100 / 105 / 110 Mana | COOLDOWN: 14
Malefic Visions: ACTIVE: Infects target enemy's mind, dealing magic damage every 0.5 seconds for a total of 4 seconds. If the target dies during this time, the target passes Malefic Visions to the closest enemy, refreshing the duration and restoring mana to Malzahar.
MAGIC DAMAGE PER HALF-SECOND: 10 / 17.5 / 25 / 32.5 / 40 (+ 10% AP)
TOTAL MAGIC DAMAGE: 80 / 140 / 200 / 260 / 320 (+ 80% AP)
MANA RESTORED: 10 / 14 / 18 / 22 / 26
RANGE: 650 | COST: 60 / 75 / 90 / 105 / 120 Mana | COOLDOWN: 15 / 13 / 11 / 9 / 7
Nether Grasp: ACTIVE: Malzahar channels an engulfing void of energy for up to 2.5 seconds, suppressing and dealing magic damage to a target enemy champion every 0.5 seconds while the channel holds.
MAGIC DAMAGE PER HALF-SECOND: 50 / 80 / 110 (+ 26% AP)
TOTAL MAGIC DAMAGE: 250 / 400 / 550 (+ 130% AP)
RANGE: 700 | COST: 100 Mana | COOLDOWN: 120 / 100 / 80
Attack Damage: 20 + (5 × Malzahar's level) (+ 100% bonus AD)
Attack Speed: 0.831
Health: 200 + (50 × Malzahar's level)
Health Regeneration: N/A
Movement Speed: 451
Magic Resistance: 50
AOE Mitigation: N/A
ATTACK RANGE: 100 | GOLD: 12 gold | EXP: 0 exp
Author and Contributors
Who Am I?
My summoner name is The BM Yeti and I play on the NA servers. I've always had "Yeti" somewhere in my online alias and got my LoL name from how BM I was when I started. I've calmed down quite a bit but my friends and I found the name quite catchy so it stuck. Now onto what type of player I am...
While I don't have the greatest rank (Peaked at Silver 2) or mechanics I do have very good game knowledge. The biggest reason for my low rank is lack of time. I'm currently in high school and multiple AP classes which only leaves me a few hours every night to myself. I juggle that time between family, Halo, and expanding my LoL knowledge. While I main jungle and it's what I'm best at play wise I know every role besides top very well, it's been hard to follow that meta with more bruiser APs and casters in general rather than the traditional undying brick walls.
- OtakuGamer129 - Friend who I originally made the build for
- Enigmas Sentinel - Duo buddy who taught me most of what I know about the game
- Thompson Owns - Got me into LoL
- The Nerdy Critic (Link) - A self titled review site one of my close friends started that I'm a part of and will be officially launched within the next few months