Malzahar Build Guide by VM Yeti
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Basic Playstyle Explanations
- AP (Standard): High damage d.o.t. reliant sustain caster/ Massive ult damage for almost guaranteed kill [Very Viable]
- AP (Bruiser): Probably the least effective but provides tankyness and damage due to high base abilities, use only if team is in need of both a tank and magic damage [Far Below Average]
- AD (Standard): Relies almost exclusively on Summon Voidling passive, make sure you have it stacked up then Nether Grasp someone and it's almost a guaranteed kill due to high base abilities and AD scaling voidlings [Below Average]
- AD (Bruiser): Jumps into teamfights and Nether Grasp carry for team to clean up, voidlings will deal sustained damage to enemies while you CC lock [Below Average]
- AD (Jungle): Same idea as standard AD Malz but has larger map presence, ganks are sub-par before 6 but a well placed Call of the Void can prove deadly to enemies who rely on their escape abilites [Viable]
Summon Voidling: PASSIVE: On every fourth ability use, Malzahar summons a Voidling that remains on the field until it is killed or 21 seconds have passed. If Malzahar dies, the Voidling stays behind but stops attacking.
Voidlings Grow after 7 seconds (+50% Damage/Armor), and Frenzy after 14 seconds (+100% Attack Speed).
Call of the Void: ACTIVE: Malzahar opens up two portals to the Void 400 range from each other. After a short delay, power erupts from them, damaging and silencing all enemies caught between the portals.
MAGIC DAMAGE: 80 / 135 / 190 / 245 / 300 (+ 80% AP)
SILENCE DURATION: 1.4 / 1.8 / 2.2 / 2.6 / 3
RANGE: 900 | COST: 80 / 85 / 90 / 95 / 100 Mana | COOLDOWN: 9
Null Zone: ACTIVE: Malzahar creates a 250-radius zone of negative energy for 5 seconds. Enemies that stand in the zone take magic damage every second equal to a percentage of their maximum health (capped at 120 to monsters and minions).
MAGIC DAMAGE PER SECOND: 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8% (+1% per 100 AP) of enemies' maximum health
MAX DAMAGE: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% (+5% per 100 AP) of enemies' maximum health
RANGE: 800 | COST: 90 / 95 / 100 / 105 / 110 Mana | COOLDOWN: 14
Malefic Visions: ACTIVE: Infects target enemy's mind, dealing magic damage every 0.5 seconds for a total of 4 seconds. If the target dies during this time, the target passes Malefic Visions to the closest enemy, refreshing the duration and restoring mana to Malzahar.
MAGIC DAMAGE PER HALF-SECOND: 10 / 17.5 / 25 / 32.5 / 40 (+ 10% AP)
TOTAL MAGIC DAMAGE: 80 / 140 / 200 / 260 / 320 (+ 80% AP)
MANA RESTORED: 10 / 14 / 18 / 22 / 26
RANGE: 650 | COST: 60 / 75 / 90 / 105 / 120 Mana | COOLDOWN: 15 / 13 / 11 / 9 / 7
Nether Grasp: ACTIVE: Malzahar channels an engulfing void of energy for up to 2.5 seconds, suppressing and dealing magic damage to a target enemy champion every 0.5 seconds while the channel holds.
MAGIC DAMAGE PER HALF-SECOND: 50 / 80 / 110 (+ 26% AP)
TOTAL MAGIC DAMAGE: 250 / 400 / 550 (+ 130% AP)
RANGE: 700 | COST: 100 Mana | COOLDOWN: 120 / 100 / 80
Attack Damage: 20 + (5 × Malzahar's level) (+ 100% bonus AD)
Attack Speed: 0.831
Health: 200 + (50 × Malzahar's level)
Health Regeneration: N/A
Movement Speed: 451
Magic Resistance: 50
AOE Mitigation: N/A
ATTACK RANGE: 100 | GOLD: 12 gold | EXP: 0 exp
Author and Contributors
Who Am I?
My summoner name is The BM Yeti and I play on the NA servers. I've always had "Yeti" somewhere in my online alias and got my LoL name from how BM I was when I started. I've calmed down quite a bit but my friends and I found the name quite catchy so it stuck. Now onto what type of player I am...
While I don't have the greatest rank (Peaked at Silver 2) or mechanics I do have very good game knowledge. The biggest reason for my low rank is lack of time. I'm currently in high school and multiple AP classes which only leaves me a few hours every night to myself. I juggle that time between family, Halo, and expanding my LoL knowledge. While I main jungle and it's what I'm best at play wise I know every role besides top very well, it's been hard to follow that meta with more bruiser APs and casters in general rather than the traditional undying brick walls.
- OtakuGamer129 - Friend who I originally made the build for
- Enigmas Sentinel - Duo buddy who taught me most of what I know about the game
- Thompson Owns - Got me into LoL
- The Nerdy Critic (Link) - A self titled review site one of my close friends started that I'm a part of and will be officially launched within the next few months