Wukong Build Guide by iDontTry
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hi, this is my first guide, but i think i have everything down, I came up with this build on my own after everyone i heard tells me this champ sucks, following this guide, this champion will literally, be a beast :)
Pros / Cons
Amazing damage all game
Great escape mechanics
Easy to juke people late game with W
Hard to get around armor (until late game)
I found he is pretty squishy (unless you want to build him tank, and if thats the case this isnt the guide for you, atleast not yet, i will probably be doing an update soon for a tanky wukong)
These are just the runes that i use, and they are very efficient but an alternative is to switch some runes and go for crit chance so u get those early game crits, i remember one game i put in a wrong crit for my caster rune table it had 1% but i swear it crit 10 times 1-6 and it really helped.
In all of my games i start the game with a Long Sword to rush the Phage, i also grab a pot so we can fight at the beginning then i get boots and get my Sheen for the uber increase in damage, then grab the berserker greeves for attack speed and finish my trinity force, then i grab the brutalizer and youmuu's ghostblade then i get a vampiric scepter and get a black cleaver for armor pen and attack speed it really helps a lot late game. Then i finish with a bloodthirster, a phantom dancer and an infinity edge, this build is quite expensive but if u have a good laning partner, you should be good.
Recommended Summoner Spells
- I always use ghost for the sheer fact that you can easily run away from people after using decoy rather than just flashing 30 yards or so away.
- I also use this summoner spell, exhaust for the early game kills with double burst dps, its always fun to get that jump on the opponents.
Usable Summoner Spells
- Ignite can be used to help with the early game kills, but I've found that u can easily just chase someone down with ghost and also use it to get away than hoping for dear Jesus to let ignite kill the Teemo.
- Flash can also be used in place of ghost or exhaust and for quick get-aways, but like i said earlier I've found that ghost with Decoy is the best way to get away from a gank or a team fight gone bad.
- You can get this is you feel like you can play without the other two but you already have a decent getaway, but I admit that sometimes Ghost+Decoy Isn't enough, but 99% of the time it is.
Why... I repeat, why would you even want these?
- This guide isnt for a jungling Wukong, and i really dont think he would be that great at it anyways
- Why would you even think about it?
- Your W is enough.
- This thing does nothing, and gets destroyed in a heartbeat anyways.
- Im not sure why you would want this, I can get across the whole map in like 10-15 seconds, the spell takes like 6 to cast.. thats not much time wasted.
- Only get this if you are bad.
I always start with Crushing Blow for the instant, second attack and 30% armor pen with my exhaust just owns them, then i max Nimbus Strike, with one point in Decoy at Level 4 for escape, then whenever you cant get nimbus strike you get crushing blow, but instead of maxing nimbus strike first, you could always get a few extra points in crushing blow if you are near your opponent a lot and dont need to teleport for them, and can save the teleport for when they are running away then hit them with an especially strong crushing blow.
Wukong's abilities allow him to disrupt the enemy team during team fights very easily with his ultimate, + dealing tons of damage to them, normally i rush in with Nimbus Strike then hit the Tank with Crushing blow for increased damage by the other AD on my team and ulti them which at an opportune time like malzahar's ultimate or other hurtful, channeled spells. Wukong is also a very good ganker, organize a gank with your teammates by having them let the enemy push them come up behind them exhaust one and then maybe go for the un-exhausted one first by ultimating and killing him then switching back to the exhausted one for the team double-kill :)
Pretty much, when you play Wukong, you use Nimbus Strike to rush to the target, Melee once, then use crushing blow and use Crushing Blow as much as you can to reduce their armor by 30%, If you go into a team fight, make sure to use your ulti so that you knock everyone up into the air, and it does a TON of Damage late game especially and early game. If you get into trouble but decoy is down and everyone knows that decoy looks like you just stop so they just stop and wait for you to come out, manually press s to stop, and juke them so they look dumb then really press w and run the opposite way that they ran so that you can get away from them.
Thank you all for reading my guide, I put a lot of time and effort into it.. If you ever want to see another guide from me please let me know, if you don't then let me know, lol. I want to thank some of my friends who i play with for allowing all my fails and continuing to play with me, while i was trying to find the perfect build. If you have any comments or suggestions for me, please tell me :).