Wukong Build Guide by xMissingName
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome to my first League of Legends guide featuring my favourite champion: Wukong. First thing is that this is not the best Wukong guide or not the only way to play him but i really like this build on him.
Most people build The Brutalizer and/or Trinity Force on him. But when i build something like this on him I feel too squishy and I think Wukong needs items to make up for his relatively weak Early game. CUZ I LIKE MAH MONKEYS TANKY!
Please excuse me if i make some mistakes with the spelling of some words or use wrong grammar but my English is not perfect :P
Whatever I hope you'll enjoy my guide.
Pros / Cons
- Good harass with Nimbus Strike and Crushing Blow
- Good escape method and skillshot-blocker with Decoy
- One of the best Late Game champions; very good teamfights due to Cyclone and Stone Skin
- Has got CC
- Pretty easy to play
- Is a damn monkey
- Squishy Early Game -> Depends on items
- You need to learn to not waste your mana (Players that are new to Wukong often Nimbus Strike in just to Decoy out, which doesn't do much damage but wastes alot of mana)
- Vulnerable to CC
- No natural sustain
There isn't much to say about the runes. There are many other ways, for example Attack Damage Marks or Armor Penetration Quints. If you know you will lane against an AP Top I would adjust taking Magic Resist Seals.
Same as Runes. You can also go 21/0/9 or 21/9/0. When laning against an AP champ take Magic Resist instead of Armor. Then you probably want to go 21/9/0.
I usually go with the second build. I like it because it makes up for Wukongs weak Early game. When laning against strong Early Game Harass Lanes e.g. Renekton, Gangplank, Yorick you should follow the first build.
If you loose your lane really hard then also adjust building Heart of Gold early. You can either sell it Late Game or build Randuin's Omen instead of Wit's End. Take Ninja Tabi, if you're loosing very hard against an Autohit-based champ that doesn't rely on CC e.g. Lee Sin, Fiora, Tryndamere.
If the enemy AP Carry is causing you much trouble you buy Force of Nature instead of Wit's End. If you want Attack Damage instead of Attack Speed, Maw of Malmortius can also be a good choice.
Buy wards whenever you go back. Also buy potions, whenever you need them.
- Very good spell to secure kills, you won't need to be mad about an enemy surviving with little HP anymore.
- The best summoner spell. Needed on every champion that has no flash-like ability e.g. Tryndamere, Lee Sin, Kassadin or has no need to get out of fights fast / want to kite e.g. Olaf, Singed.
- Also good but normally you won't need this more than Ignite. Take this instead of Ignite.
- Take this instead of Flash if you want to jungle. Don't take this over Flash in Top Lane.
- Very viable spell on Wukong. Take this instead of Ignite.
- Take this in the Jungle, not if your laning.
- Just don't take this.
- You are a tanky monkey! You don't need this.
- NOT NEEDED
- It's not like you can't push by yourselve.
- Take this instead of Ignite if you want. You will be weaker in fights though.
- Its not like you are a Support...
Sit back and farm - you'll be beast late game. Try to harass your enemy by attacking him with your Crushing Blow. Use Nimbus Strik to close gaps and don't use your Decoy if it's not needed. Try to let your Jungler gank when you reach Level 6. When you have your Cyclone you can try to kill your opponent even without ganks but don't overextend!
How to counter Wukong
Champions that can beat Wukong:
- Perfect Counter to Wukong. Has AOE Damage and CC, so you can't escape with your W. Also she just has way better early levels than Wukong. Try not to feed her even if you will loose some farm. Let her push and farm under your tower. You're Late Game is better than hers.
- AOE Flamespitter beats Wukong. Early game he will easyly harass you and later he is too tanky to be killed by you. Same as Riven: You are better in Late Game.
- He just outdamages you. Try to get some ganks or he will just be as good as you Late Game and your team will die too him. Think about starting with Cloth 5 and going for an early Atmas to negate his damage.
- Sustain, Big Early Game Damage. Don't try to trade damage with him. He hardly falls off Late Game.
- He can detect you when you try to get out with your clone and he has Sustain. You also can't really gank him so just wait for Late Game and farm.
- When you Nimbus Strike in you take a Decisive Strike into your face, if you try to run he just spins after you and does AOE damage which counters your clone.
- Epic Early Game Harass and alot of sustain. I've been finding myselve winning against Yorick though. When you hit Level 6 you can try to play aggressive.
- Great Sustain. You can't keep him from farming because he will build armor. Ask for Early Ganks!
I hope this build will help you learning to play Wukong or finding the items you want to build on him.
Thanks for Reading!