Wukong Build Guide by Master WuZrealAx
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
ANNOUNCEMENT: HEY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, JUST WANTED TO ASK YOU GUYS TO PLEASE RATE MY GUIDE UP, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME, BUT, HEY, IT'S NOT THAT BAD RIGHT?
Welcome, to my first and foremost guide in Mobafire. I fell in love with Wukong after I saw him juke out 5 enemies then turn around and get a triple kill without dying. Wukong is one of the greatest champions of all times. He has almost unlimited potential in top lane. You can push turrets *snaps* like that. You can screw people's mind and make epic getaways with your Decoy. And for ganking you just put a decoy in the brush and boom, *you have slain an enemy*. Also, I'm not used to Mobafire, so I'm sorry for the lack of pictures, links, and overall pizzazz, but then again, my purpose is to get people to win.
During the chaos of the Rune Wars, an enormous runestone was lost deep within the Plague Jungles. It remained there, untouched for centuries, emanating a potent magic which infused nearby wildlife with sentience and vitality. A group of monkeys who were particularly empowered by it came to worship the stone, and their leader - a wise sage - became convinced that he could harness its power to make the monkeys immortal. He performed an elaborate ritual, but things didn't go as he expected. The runestone was destroyed, and instead of granting immortality, it produced Kong, a monkey who carried in his heart the strength and power it had contained. Kong was driven by an unquenchable desire for greatness. He sought out every beast and monster the Plague Jungles could offer, eager to find a worthy opponent, but none offered the challenge he craved. He asked the sage for advice, and learned about a legend of hairless monkeys to the north who, with wits and might, had bent the world to their will.
Wukong left, journeying north, determined to discover if the legend was true. He crossed the Southern Wastes and then the Great Barrier. On his way, he happened upon Master Yi, who was deep in meditation. Kong asked him who the strongest warrior in the north was, and Yi told him about the League of Legends. The tale intoxicated Kong, a place where he could battle the strongest fighters in the world was, to him, paradise. Kong asked Yi to introduce him to this League, and to teach him the ways of humans, so that he could be a fitting champion. In return, he would honor Yi by using Yi's Wuju style to become the greatest warrior Runeterra had ever seen. Admiring his passion, Yi agreed, but under the condition that Kong would one day teach the lessons of Wuju to a pupil of his own. In the spirit of this agreement, he renamed Kong ''Wukong,'' and gave him a weapon suited to his unusual nature - an enchanted staff that the young Doran had crafted. The weapon was an unrivalled masterpiece. Guided by Yi, Wukong joined the League of Legends to prove himself as the best, and to show the world the true power of Wuju.
''Only in combat do you learn who you truly are.''
975 RP or 6300 Ip
Released: July 26, 2011
Attributes: Melee, Fighter, Stealth (ish)
Pros and Cons
-Awesome at top lane
-Great juking and ganking with Decoy
-Very good damage
-Easy to play
-Very little mana cost and low cooldowns (except for ult)
-Requires some thinking, before you use your skills
-Squishy beginning game
-Starts to get focused mid-game
-Weak to crowd control
- Boots of Speed: Standard beginning item, gives a little extra speed
- Health Potion: Good for early game and to stay in lane longer
- Berserker's Greaves: Upgrade to that, it gives some extra attack speed and is pretty cheap
- Phage: First real item. It gives a bit of health, AD, and that slowing effect. Going to build into trininty force
- Sheen: Second real item. It gives a bit of mana, AP (don't really need), and the main reason, your next basic attack after using a skill, deals 150% damage. Going to build into trinity force.
- Vampiric Scepter: Gives that extra life steal that lets you sustain in your lane a little longer and gets you some health if you're low. Going to build into Bloodthirster.
- Zeal: Last item that builds into trinity force. The item gives decent attack speed, movement speed, and critical chance.
- The Brutalizer: This item is for that extra AD, cooldown reduction, and more armor penetration. A really good item, and will build into Youmuu's Ghostblade
- Trinity Force: Buy it after you get the 3 branches of it. It's an awesome item, cause everything Phage, Sheen, and Zeal had, it comes together in one package and it's effects are increased.
- The Bloodthirster: Should build vampiric scepter into this. Massive AD and life steal that should make you almost invincible after you get this, along with your other items.
- Youmuu's Ghostblade: Should build brutalizer into this. It has AD, critical chance, cooldown reduction, armor penetration, and an ACTIVE that gives extra movement and attack speed.
- Warmog's Armor: By this stage of the game, it's usually over, but if it's not, then the enemy should be dealing some damage, so this gives you a LOT of health and regeneration, and more permanently for every minion kill.
- Atma's Impaler: This gives some extra armor, and critical strike chance. But the coolest thing is that it gives 1.5% of your health and turns that into AD (don't worry you still keep the health)
And if the game isn't over, then you should either be dominating. But let's say the game is circumstantial, and it usually is, so try these alterantives
- Frozen Mallet: This is the evovled form of Phage. It's basically the same thing, but much better (remember, can't be built into trinity force). Health, AD, and slowing effect
- Guardian Angel: This is a popular favorite. It gives decent armor, magic resist. But the greatest thing is, after you die, you get revived....AWWWW!!!! But, I prefer more damage.
- Maw of Malmortius: Another crowd favorite, it gives AD, magic resistance, +1 AD for every 2.5% of health missing, and automatic shield if you're low health, not bad but not my favorite
- Infinity Edge: An item that gives alot of AD and critical, but it's just not worth the cost unless you're really fed beginning game.
- Last Whisper: It's an item that gives some AD and 40% Armor Penetration so it's not too bad.
- Force of Nature: I actually love this item. It gives massive magic resist, movement speed, and amazing health regeneration
Best Skills and Why
- Flash: Best escape/catching tool you have. (Plus you only get it when you're 12 so that's cool). If people start to get away or flee, after you deal massive damage, use it and boom, kill. Also, lets say you're getting chased and you've already used your Decoy, just flash over a wall or away from the enemy.
- Exhaust: Great for the entire game. It's really great Crowd Control and it can easily get you first blood. Rush at the enemy with nimbus strike, then exhaust, then keep pounding him until you hear "First Blood~".
- Ignite: This is also a great skill, though it's not in my top 2. This is a great way of finishing off an enemy and dealing pretty good true damage. Lets say you hit them pretty hard and have low health, but they're getting away while you've used up all your skills. Just pop ignite and another kill for you
- Ghost: A good alternative to flash if you're lower leveled. It has the same aspects of flash. Used to catch up to an enemy or run away. But you have to remember you can flash through walls but ghost only uppers your movement speed. It does however work better if you're chasing people in a longer/cleared lane.
- Teleport: Pretty good for people who are aggressive laners or vigilant gankers. It allows you to teleport to any friendly unit, (champions, minions, wards, towers, etc). Not the most useful tool, but it is a good skill overall.
- Heal: It's a way to keep yourself from dying and sustain yourself in the lane (very useful for noobs, excuse me, first-timers) but personally, I don't really like heal because of the life steal masteries, health potions, and the (maybe) vampiric scepter. Some people says heal is necessary, so I added it
- Cleanse: Well, it's a good way to get rid of ANY crowd control and that should come in handy, but wukong ins't as weak to crowd control like Master Yi, so even thought it's a handy skill, it shouldn't be needed that much.
Worst Skills and Why
- Revive: You won't ever need revive, because it's virtually useless unless you have teleport too and/or getting back into a team fight
- Smite: No need for it, because it only effects jungle monsters and minions. So, unless you're a total noob, don't ever get it. Only junglers need it (but if you want to jungle with him, go ahead)
- Surge: Yeah, Wukong doesn't use any AP except for his decoy (which is NOT a skill used for damage) and you shouldn't be that desperate for attack speed.
- Clarity: ...unless you're a super aggressive, noob-y AP mage, DON"T EVER GET CLARITY. Even for AP mages, it's kinda useless
- Promote: Are you really going to buff up a minion, and waste a summoner skill?
- Clairvoyance: You really don't need to know exactly where an enemy is because you're not very squishy, not ranged, and you have decoy to get out of sticky situations.
9 Greater Mark of Desolation: +1.66 Armor Penetration x 9 = 14.94 Armor Penetration (which mean that your physical/AD attacks more damage because they penetrate the foes armor)
9 Greater Seal of Armor: +1.41 Armor x 9 = 12.69 Armor (which means that you take less damage from physical/AD attacks because you have more armor which absorbs damage)
9 Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: +1.34 Magic Resist x 9 = 12.06 Magic Resist (which means that you take less damage from magical/AP attacks because you have more magic resist which absorbs damage)
3 Greater Quintessence of Desolation: +3.33 Armor Penetrations x 9 = 29.97 Armor Penetration (which mean that your physical/AD attacks more damage because they penetrate the foes armor)
-44.91 Armor Penetration
-12.06 Magic Resist
This is standard, melee/AD carry build, and is the most effective and commonly used rune build
Passive: Stone Skin
-This increases his armor and magic resistance for every enemy champion in your vicinity
Q: Crushing Blow
-Wukong's next attack, within 5 seconds, gains 125 range, deals physical damage and reduces the enemy's armor by 30% for 3 seconds.
DAMAGE: 30 /60 / 90 / 120 / 150 (+ 110% AD) Physical Damage
COOLDOWN: 18 / 16 / 14 / 12 / 10 sec
COST: 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 / 70 mana
-Wukong becomes stealthed for 1.5 seconds and leaves an uncontrollable decoy that doesn't attack or move from the place he activated it. The decoy will deal magic damage to nearby enemies after 1.5 seconds.
DAMAGE: 70 / 115 / 160 / 205 / 250 (+ 60% AP) Magic Damage
COOLDOWN: 18 / 16 / 14 / 12 / 10
MANA: 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 / 70 mana
E: Nimbus Strike
-Wukong dashes on a cloud toward a target enemy and sends out images to attack up to 2 additional enemies near his target, dealing physical damage to each enemy struck. He also gains an attack speed bonus for 4 seconds after hitting a target with this skill.
DAMAGE: 60 / 105 / 150 / 195 / 240 (+ 80% Bonus AD) [ATTACK SPEED: 30% / 35% / 40% / 45% / 50%]
COOLDOWN: 8 sec
MANA: 45 / 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 mana
-Wukong's staff grows outward and he spins it around for up to 4 seconds, dealing physical damage every second and knocking up enemies once per cast. Wukong gains 5% movement speed bonus every half second for the duration of the spell, with the bonus disappearing once he stops spinning. Wukong cannot attack or use other abilities while Cyclone is on, but he can deactivate it at any time.
DAMAGE: 80 / 440 / 800 (+ 480% AD) [continuous damage for 4 sec, so 1 sec mean divide by 4]
COOLDOWN: 120 / 105 / 90 sec
MANA: 100 mana
So, get all the skills, but max out nimbus strike first, then crushing blow, and lastly decoy (get ult whenever possible).
If you like Wukong then I recommend these champions:(My favorites are the first 5)
- Lee Sin
So, that was my guide to Wukong, thanks for reading this! Credits, hmmmm, lets see.....Uh, all the other Wukong guides, for inspiration and ideas. LoL for letting me play this awesome game. And my brain for all of this :)