Wukong Build Guide by Roxoz
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
I used the information from of jhoijhois template, which you can find here
At the moment I've played 20 games with Wukong:
2 times leaver/rager
1) My first game, vs a fed Lee Sin, but we won :)
2) My second one.
3) Fourth I think
4) One of the 4v5 games, Veigar ragequitted :'(
5) A more recent one
Pros and Cons
+ Deals good damage
+ Great ganker
+ Has stealth, but short one
+ Epic juking ability
+ DoT ultimate with AoE and knock-up
+ Low mana costs
- Fast focus
- Has some bugs
- Failed jukes can be lethal
- Q doesn't always do what it should do.
I use 21/9/0, because I find the damage boost from the Offense Tree great. I prefer Sorcery above Lethality because cooldown reduction is strong on Wukong (that's why I usually have blue, if we don't have Karthus or Aniviafor example) and he doesn't need the critical damage.
I have Evasion and Nimbleness in the Defence Tree, because I love the dodge stat.
- Greater Quintessence of Evasion: Because of the dodge, and I don't have another Desolation quintessence xD
- greater quintessence of Desolation: Wukong deals mainly physical damage !
- greater mark of Desolation: See above
- Greater Glyph of Attack Speed: There aren't other great glyphs for Wukong
- Greater Seal of Evasion: See at top
Other great options are:
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Seal of Scaling Armor
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
- greater seal of Defense: Armor is a good alternative for dodge
- Greater Seal of Armor: See above
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: Magic Resist is great as well, but I don't have them
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: See above
I always use
Flash and Exhaust Because they have great synergy with your ulti and for chasing, juking or fleeing.
Great as well
Heal: Normally you never should take this, but it's great in laning phase and could save that one teammate from Karthus (But don't)
Ignite: As counter to those Mundos and Tryndameres, or to finish off those luckers
Less. Shouldn't take them.
Cleanse: If the enemy team is something like Amumu, Alistar, Blitzcrank, Taric and Sion
Fortify: If no-one else is taking it and the enemy has pushers like Mordekaiser, Twisted Fate or Sivir
Clairvoyance: Actually, it's great to make sure you don't get ganked, to check on the enemy jungler, but the support should take it
Smite: You're not jungling...
Clarity: You don't need the mana, or you spam your skills too much, and aren't a support.
Don't take them
Rally: See above
- Stone Skin: It's a passive you won't feel that much, but if you survive a teamfight with 40 hp, be glad you have this passive :)
- Crushing Blow (Q): Short cooldown, quite some damage boost, low mana cost. Great skill, but needs to get in close range.
- Decoy (W): Also a low mana cost, but long cooldown, so be carefull when iniating with it. The only skill scaling with AP. This is one of the best juking skills in the game. I'll be going through some juking tips later.
- Nimbus Strike (E): My favorite skill. Damage dealing dash, great in combo with Q and W and a attack speed steroid. Good scaling, nice damage, short cooldown (8 seconds).
- Cyclone (R): Epic ulti, having a good AoE knock-up, great for iniating and synergy with some ults of other champions (like Kennen) Has an 1:1 scaling and low cooldown (120-90)
I prefer maxing Nimbus Strike first, because of the early game boost it gives, being able to do quite some damage and get back with Decoy. With Sheen your Crushing Blow will have quite some damage as well and the 30% armor reduction on Q is the same on all levels. But it's all down to personal preference
These 4 skills have great combos:
- Iniate stealthed with W, ult when standing next to them, when they flash jump after them with E and finish it with basic attacks and Q
- Jump on them with E, hit with Q afterwards, press W and knock-up with ulti, dealing full damage with all skills.
- Flash in with ulti, press W to get out of combat and then jump back onto the squishys with E and Q.
Find some more combos yourself :)
- : Or Doran's Shield, depending on the early game damage of the enemy team.
- : Or Ninja Tabi depending on if the enemy has strong cc ( Sion, Taric, Leona) or if they have tons of auto-attackers ( Tryndamere, Caitlyn, Teemo)
- : Probably the best item for Wukong, giving an insane boost to his Q and to all other skills as well
- : Gives some sustain, instead of Wriggle's Lantern I sometimes get Youmuu's Ghostblade. Endgame I usually sell it for The Bloodthirster
- : Gives some tankyness, Randuin's Omen is a great alternative as well
- : Gives a lot of survivability as well
- : Having about ~3000 hp now, it gives a nice boost to your attack damage and increasing your armor and crit a bit
Sunfire Cape and Banshee's Veil are completely dependant on the enemy team:
Tips and more
-Don't use the S trick (The one Phreak suggested) ! It won't work, people see through it with ease.
-Use W at the last possible moment, so you can make most out of your stealth
-When heading in a bush, walk away from your base and head back afterwards, but be careful for other people in their jungle
-When playing against Wukong, click on him. If he Decoys, the screen in the left top corner will dissapear, so you know that you can attack him
-After using N imbus Strike Wukong can't chase until it's back on, so flash after he uses Nimbus Strike
- Decoy has a pretty long cooldown, so after Wukong uses it, he's vulrenable !
As Wukong is very aggresive in lane, he lanes best with a support or someone who can play very aggresive as well.
Some combos I've tried:
Wukong + Rumble = Play AGGRESIVE AS HELL. Both of us were 2/0/2 after 5 minutes
Wukong + Janna = Shield allows you to take some damage and deal damage
Wukong + Sona = Attack, go back and get healed
Wukong + Irelia = Pretty much free kill from level 2-3
Wukong + Taric = Also insane compo, good healing and good cc
Screens and vids
That concludes this guide
I play on both US and EU West, started US few days ago, so still level 3 xD
Both summoner names are Roxoz
I got Replays of every match with Wukong, I'll upload them if wanted.
My friend has a Dutch LoL community forum, This one. You can always join if you want :)
All the people I played games with as Wukong