Wukong Build Guide by WhiteWolf
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello! Welcome to my first guide in MOBAFire. This guide is for the Monkey King, WuKong.
I have bought him as soon as he came out, and I find him very fun to play. I hope you
guys enjoy playing him like me.
-I'm still working on the build, and it's not quite complete, I might just change the whole build if I find a better one.
-There are more information to come(with pictures) so check it often.
-If you think there can be a better way of building Wukong , feel free to post it on the guide!
-PLEASE do not downvote the guide without trying it. Items aren't everything, try out the gameplay tips, and THEN tell me what you think.
Build 1 is for more tanky game. You could rush
and impalars if the enemy is focusing you down a lot. Still, this build has great damage, and it's even better when you get to late game.
Build 2 (Coming soon) is for pure DPS, and Attack damage. Your trinity force proc will give you massive damage. You will be carrying the team, as well as pushing towers, and soaking up some damage with your clone.
Build 3 (Coming soon) is for pure TANK, you don't have a lot of cc, but your Cyclone will help you initiate and deal constant damage.
Pros / Cons
- The one of two instant stealth champions in the game, along with Shaco .
- VERY strong when built right
- Can TANK when necessary
- Great Harrasser
- His clone can make the enemy waste good skills
- VERY fun to play
- Great farmer after level 3~4
- Decent Mana pool.
- Great chaser if you follow this build
- VERY good pusher, can solo towers late game.
- A viable Carry
- When caught off guard without the clone, there isn't much runaway options
- ^(Vulnerable to cc)
- Can be hard to master (Though it says he's easy)
- Can be poked if laning against ranged champions.
I use 14/0/16 Mastery, though it doesn't really matter whichever one you go as long
as you keep 31 armor penetration up.
Slow the enemy champion for you to chase and land ult.
When you need that extra range for your E for initiation.
Also, use it to run away or go over walls.
Can save your life when you get cc'ed down.
Makes your ult move even faster.
Passive : Stone Skin
Wukong's armor and magic resistance are increased for each nearby enemy champion.
This is the passive that makes Wukong even more stronger. It gives him armor and magic resistance depending on how many enemy champions are around you. The greatest benefit would be from 5v5 teamfights, where everyone is around you. This is similar to Irelia's Ionian Fervor http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/ability/ionian-fervor-324.
Q : Crushing Blow
Wukong swings his mighty staff with incredible speed, crushing his opponent. This attack deals additional physical damage and reduces the enemy's Armor for a short duration.
This is your main damage skill, with this build, you will have about 250 damage by late game. With trinity force, it's 150+250+(250*1.5) = 775. And you can spam this skill every 5 seconds, so it's a pretty good deal. Also, it decreases armor of enemy by 30%, so it's good against tanks at the same time.
ALWAYS! Try to use this skill right after you autoattack once! This skill will reset your autoattack timer!
W : Decoy
Wukong utilizes his cleverness to trick his foes. He becomes stealthed for 1.5 seconds and leaves an uncontrollable decoy behind that will deal Magic Damage to enemies near it after 1.5 seconds.
This is the skill that will take damage, deal damage, cancel out cc's. My favorite skill of Wukong, creates a clone, and you go invisible for 1.5 seconds. What's so great about this is that you can put exhaust, ignite, other skills on him. There are so many use for this skill.
1) So if you see warwick trying to ult you, you can create the clone, and safely disappear while warwick wastes his ultimate on your clone.
2) It will make you invisible for 1.5 seconds, you can sneak from one bush to another in side lanes, while the enemies will be thinking you're in the other bush.
3) Ashe's ult, or Caitlyn's ult. If they target you or your teammate, you can create the clone, and make it take the damage for you.
4) In high ELO games, the enemies will know that when you decoy, you show the same action as pressing "stop". So you can use this to actually stop, and while everyone else passes away, use W and go to the other direction. HOWEVER! This is a very risky move and you have to make sure you take action with in 1.5 seconds.
5) Farm, since it will target all enemies in the area, clone in the middle of minions, and farm along with Nimbus Strike.
E : Nimbus Strike
Wukong dashes on a cloud toward a target enemy and sends out images to attack up to 2 additional enemies near his target, dealing physical damage to each enemy struck.
This is your initiator skill when you have to start the teamfight. USES:
1) Use this to farm against the 3 small wizard minions.
2) Initiate, in teamfights, USE CYCLONE!!
3) Harass in lanes.
R : Cyclone
Wukong's staff grows outward and he spins it around, dealing damage and knocking up enemies. Wukong gains movement speed over the duration of the spell.
He deals damage each second, and knocks up enemies that come into the range. What you must know is that unless you're tanking, your normal attacks and skills will do more damage. You can't use any other skills while this ult is active. So keep that in mind when using it.
You can knock up only once.
I take Crushing BlowCrushing for my first skill because it's the one that will most likely get you the first blood, the one with the most damage.
As for the second one, it's your choice to get whichever one you want. If your enemy is passive and tries to stay back, get Nimbus Strike because it will help you close the gap and do some harrassing.
If your enemy is aggressive and pokes you a lot, get Decoy because the clone will take some damage for you. Eventually, they will give up on trying to harass you.
Tanking - Initiation - Nimbus Strike -> Decoy -> Cyclone
Laning - Harassment - Nimbus Strike -> Decoy (make sure you spam w to activate) -> Crushing Blow (if your enemy is slow to react.)
This harassment method will make sure you catch the enemy by off guard and spam skills on your clone. Because this is a dash skill, if you use your DecoyDecoysize=32 right after, they will focus your clone down with all the cc's and other skills.
- I take Doran's Blade because it gives you early 100 health, damage, and lifesteal. Lifesteal isn't so much but if you play right, it'll keep your health high.
- Focus on last hitting, harass if you have extra mana and when you get about 1500 gold, go back for a Tier 1 Boots and Sheen .
- After you get sheen, your Q will deal about 300 damage alone. Use it often to harass your opponent.
- If you get time, go to mid lane and try to gank. He's a great ganker, with stealth and knock-up ultimate.
- Finish your boots, and start rocking!
- Finish up the tower in your lane, and farm a little more until you get enough gold for zeal. (or a BF SwordB.F. Sword)
- Blue Buff isn't so necessary on Wukong . He has a decent mana pool and unless you are using Cyclone every time it's cooldown wears off. HOWEVER! I did not say it's not good on him. With the blue buff, you can use Decoy even more often(might save you in teamfights!).
- Red Buff is very good on Wukong . It slows your enemy, with that extra 10% damage, you will be unstoppable.
- Teamfights! You're tanky, but you're not quiet a tank, at least not yet. DO NOT INITIATE into 5 enemies, your passive can't save you all the time. Wait for a real tank like Malphite or Amumu to initiate. AND THEN, you can use Nimbus Strike or Flash and use Cyclone .
- Try to get some kills, and ALWAYS! Either farm or gank. Don't waste too much time wondering around between lanes.
- Now you're the main damage dealer! You can pull off some crazy tower dives, or help your teammates get some kills. You can solo dragon after about level 13, so support your team by giving them some EXP and gold.
- If your enemy is focusing you down, go for warmogs, your best friend in teamfights. You already have enough armor and magic resistance from your passive Stone Skin, so all you need is health point.
- His Q will reset the attack timer, use it right after you land your first autoattack.
- His Q has a weird animation, so sometimes, you might think your Q landed, but often you'll find yourself targeting a different minion with Q. Get used to it.
- His Decoy has many uses. It's like shaco's stealth and ultimate, but without any animations. Use it wisely, if the enemy is noob, you can bait them with your clone.
- *whisper* If you're playing against an Wukong, you can tell if the clone is real or not by clicking it, and if it's a fake clone, then it will show you no item info.
- In high ELO games, you can use stop motion to fake your decoy and make the enemies go around you.
- Nimbus Strike can hit the enemies farther than you can land it. If you're chasing another champion and if you can't quiet land it, go for the minion around him/her.
- Unless you're going for a tank build, don't use Cyclone in a teamfight. It will annoy the enemies and make them focus you down. YOU'RE STILL VULNERABLE TO CC DURING CYCLONE! Use it after all the cc has passed. Either use it to chase, or get out of the teamfight.