Build Guide by
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
So I have read alot of Xin guides already and I disagree with several of them. First off I am not a top level player, but consider myself mid lvl ELO.
1) Xin is a DPS. I tried tanking with him and he does OK, but his damage is so BNig right now I do feel it is wasted on being a tank.
2) Runes can go several ways. I use attack speed and crit. chance personally. dodge id never bad. i think health and mana are a waste. also think crit damage isnt as good with him because he goes for speed over damage so i like more smaller crits, then the occasional big one.
3) masterires i use 21/0/9. i get the extra mana in utility to help laning
4) i jungle a small amount. he is not as effective as a warwick or fiddle, so i only jungle to get red and blue buff. i also kill dragon when hes up.
5) Items - I build him alot like WW or twitch. I start with vampiric sep. that combined with his passive will allow u lane until lvl 6-8 easy. First trip back i try to get zerk boots and malady if able. ( if they have 3+ CC then get merc treads, but u will need anouther attack speed item later.)
After boots and malady i get either last whisper or wits end. both give u the attack speed u need, one for tanks one for casters depending what ur playing against.
Next i get phage and make it into frozen mallot. the damage helps and health is always nice. the slow will help finish too.
If the games still on I get bloodrazors if they have lots of high HP guys, or phantom dancer or squishys.
Last i go with infinity edge.
6) skills - i start with 3 talon then charge. this allows u to harrass and if u have ignite and exhaust u can gank away, especially in mid ( yes Xin is great in mid). Then i go back and forth between 3 talon and call. obviosly taking ur ult every time it up. one point in charge is all u need until everything else is maxed.
TIPS - If u have ur ult always bust it first! is does damage based on ur enemies CURRENT health so u want to do as much damage as possible.
Use all ur skills first then ur call so u get max use out of the cool down reduction.
Do not get items that need stacks. you r not super squishy, but u will die. i end my average game about 15/9/15. I play very agressive as i do massive damage so i jump in right behind the tank. i do not min dying as long as i get 1 kill and 1 assist or better. any time u or u and ur teammate(s) kill 2+ champs and only u die, itd helping ur team.
Thats all i have for now, as i play Xin more and as i am sure riot will tweak him, i will try to update this build.