Xin Zhao Build Guide by Ript3r
Not Updated For Current Season
Xin Zhao Build
Not Updated For Current Season
This is my 2nd guide to be written. I am Ript3r I am not a high elo player but I am still pretty good at the game and have a good understanding of most every champ. This guide is for Xin Zhao my way. I started to play Xin Zhao for a couple of reasons. One he has extremely long hair like I do, 2nd I saw Guardsman Bob playing him and wanted to become as good as he is with him. Which now I believe after over 50+ games maybe 100 of playing Xin that I have become good enough with him.
Greater Mark of Desolation - I pick these because since I don't jungle with Xin and the armor penetration is really good anyways.
- I pick these just because they are a great seal to use.
- I pick these because the extra attack speed makes your passive proc , and helps land your
Greater Quintessence of Desolation - I pick these just to make my armor penetration even stronger
Runes possibly worth using
, , Greater Seal of Vitality, , , ,
I take the 21/0/9 for the damage and just build tanky if need be. Pretty standard not much to explain but I take the magic penetration for his ultimate and his E.
Personally I build Xin as Tanky Dps.
I start the game with and 5 . Reasoning being that this gives you the ability to last in lane for a very long time. Along with your passive you are very hard to get out of lane. I work my way up to a . Then I work my way to boots either getting or to get the max tenacity. Then the next item I work for is this will give you so good damage and a pretty fast attack speed. After that work your way for some defense to compensate against the enemy team or work on building your if you dont have enough try to build your so this way now you'll be fast enough to catch most people. Then I will end up building to compensate the enemy with either , , , , , , , , Aegis of Legion or a . If you decide to go pure Dps instead I would build , , , . In the end no matter what build I end up selling for a . You could even do Atmog's Xin I suppose but I have never tried it. Feel free to build the parts to it instead of saving for it in 1 buy. Though you should have already assumed so.
Possible items you could use also but not ideally for most damage or tankiness.
, , , , , ,
These are Xin's skills
I max E 1st for the instant damage and the cooldown, then I max my Q for the damage and cooldown on it also but since you must hit all 3 hits to do more damage it isn't always going to work. Especially early game where Xin's strength starts. Finally I max my W then take R whenever possible so the priority is R>E>Q>W
Summoner Spells okay to use
- I take Ignite because it's great for some extra damage and it's also good to stop healers like Mundo, Swain, and Vlad.
- I take Ghost over flash usually because as Xin flashing usually wont help you land all 3 strikes from
- This is a okay spell to trade for Ghost but more often then not will not help you land the 3 strikes but I believe it's better for escaping.
- This is a okay swap with Ignite but I would recommend not doing it just because it's a cowards Spell being that it's the most Overpowered with everything it does.
- This is okay to take just because it's great to get around with and to set up surprise ganks and since you'll be taking Mid or Top lane usually.
- Only take this is you are going to jungle. Which Xin has some strong ganks so if you like to go ahead and take it.
Summoners not to take
- Don't ever take this on Xin if you do don't use my guide. Heal is for noobs and you have lifesteal and you should be buying potions when needed.
- Don't use this your spells are pretty cheap enough to use them at least 3 combos before level 6 if used right.
- Pretty useless spell and Ignite and Exhaust are better.
- Don't take this because if your playing Xin you should be able to dive in and do the most damage you can whether you die or live.
- This spell isn't very useful to you so just don't use it
- You are not a full tank so don't take it. Besides you defend towers by fighting with your spear.
- Not really that good for you but you'd do better having the support taking it.
Okay so as Xin he is a GREAT mid. I would be so bold to say he has the best level 3 in the game. So much burst and any squishy 2 full bursts almost always dies. Anyways as Xin you really want to get mid or top. In lane be kind of passive and just last hit and farm up till you hit level 3. If you are getting tons of harass you can lunge with at level 2 and use your to try and pop them up or make them run then simply fall back then when they get close after a few seconds of hitting creeps and healing a tiny bit you can repeat the same combo but only being level 3 and adding right as you lunge or after. No big deal when. Do not use your abilities to farm unless you are going to Back or you need to clear a wave real fast then join your team for a teamfight. Against most cases if you play it right you'll always win your lane. I usually end up being 2 or 3 levels higher than they are early on.
Pros / Cons
- Easy to get fed
- Good CC
- Great Self Buffs
- % of HP Ultimate
- Great Damage
- Often underestimated
- Melee range can get you kited and focused often
- Can be bursted by mages quite hard if not building tanky
- People think Xin isn't a good cahmp or isn't good in mid so they may ***** about mid
- Needs farm or around 3 kils to do his job
Xin and other champions
Who can be threats
Xin can take any champ on in a 1v1 if he had the right items. Really tanky champs like Morde, Amumu, Rammus, are tough to kill but if you have your DPS items you cna usually beat them. Xin also can be somewhat squishy and can get bursted by Mages like Annie, Malzahar, and Vlad and such but building some MR usually can greatly stop them from killing you and letting you out burst them. For melee champs Lee Sin is probably the hardest to fight against if evenly fed.
Xin can lane with anyone but it all comes down to who your against and who they focus and who you focus.
Jungling and Mindset
These are videos from Stonewall008 not mine. Here is one way he jungles with Xin then a mindset of playing Xin. Even his thoughts on Xin.