Master Yi Build Guide by SeriousLion
Not Updated For Current Season
Master Yi Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome to this Dominion build I did for Master Yi. It's a work in proggress and I cannot guarantee it will always work since I couldn't play a lot on Dominion, but I did get a few wins with this build in mind. Feel free to comment and let me know if you have ideas to improve this guide. Enjoy!
For Master Yi, going full offense is a good idea since it's not an AP build at all, so i get armor penetration and get to the last of the offense masteries. I also get a little bit of Utility to finish the job and get some mana regen since you can loose your mana pretty quickly if you're not careful
This is the part where you should be the most careful with. I have never used runes yet so these rune choices are all presumptions and theorical thinking.
At the start, I take Greater Quint of Alacrity to boost my attack speed, so these annoying minions and heroes get out of the way more quickly. After this, I get some armor and magic resist by using Greater Glyph of Magic Resist and Greater Seal of Armor because Master Yi seems to be lacking a little bit of these, and then I finish my rune build with some mana regen by getting 3 Greater Quint of Clarity
Note: In Dominion games, you start level 3 so, in my opinion, you should always get your 3 skills right at the start.
After getting all my skills, I boost My Wuju Style because it helps Master Yi gain the AD he's missing. Then, the order should be: Highlander > Wuju Style > Alpha Strike > Meditation .
Right at the beginning of the game, I take Boots of Swiftness for a reason that I'll explain in a later chapter, but keep in mind that they are essential. After this, i get Sanguine Blade for lifesteal because the few minions can keep you alive, and the extra AD can make the difference against ennemy champions. Next, I prefer to get a Phantom Dancer because attack speed is always critical when playing Master Yi and I finish my basic build with the Infinity Edge for the AD and the critical strikes. After this, all items are situational. For instance: if you're facing heavy AP ennemies, buy magic resist like Force of Nature ( Banshee's Veil is NOT available in Dominion). If the ennemy chose to get more AD, a Thornmail would be perfect (though I am not sure if the Thornmail is available in Dominion).
Summoner spells are always useful, but which ones are good in dominion?
THE ONES I USE
- Exhaust: it's always been one of my favorites for Master Yi, so I constantly use it
- Garrison: An excellent spell when you want to defend a turret, the ennemy nerf side didn't really help me though
- Ghost: great if you want to reach a control point quickly, but I think the Highlander skill pretty much replaces it.
- Heal: can be replaced by the Meditation spell, but still useful in some situations.
- Cleanse: I guess it can be a good spell, but I never really used it.
- Ignite: A good alternative to Exhaust if you want to be a little less aggressive and finish an ennemy distantly.
- Clairvoyance: I can't see why this wouldn't be useful, but it's really not a necessity.
- Promote: It's pretty useless, seriously.
- Smite: There's no jungling in Dominion, and there's not enough minions for it to be useful.
- Clarity: Master Yi doesn't need it, so it's useless to have it.
- Flash: Sincerely, i think the map has been made so that Flash isn't really useful anymore, but maybe that's just me so you can use it if you want, but I don't recommend it
SPELLS THAT CANNOT BE USED IN DOMINION
You're quick. At least, you should be because Master Yi's a qucik character. If you're not quick, there's a problem.
The starting formation should be this: 3 champions go top, 2 champions go bot. One of the 3 that go top should go to the windmill (the middle-top) and that should be you. The others should get the control points near your spawn point. This why you need the Boots of Swiftness. However, I'm currently testing if the Boots of Mobility would be more appropriate so let me know what you think.
When on Blue team, your objectives should look like this:
When on Purple team, it's just the other way around.
Be sure to often walk in the center area of the map because everybody can see you on the main roads, litterally.
This is pretty much all for my Dominion beta guide. I strongly recommend that you leave a comment to let me know what you think and don't be shy to give it a like. This guide will be updated as time flows so feel free to point out spelling mistakes and such. Again, this is for the beta, so the final result might not look exactly like this. Thanks for reading it all!