Yorick the Gravedigger
The work of gravediggers is essential amongst the living, but invaluable in the Shadow Isles. There are many shades of death there, and each is embraced rather than feared or reviled. One can only ascend from one state to the next with the magical aid of a skilled professional. At the end of the first Rune War, Yorick Mori made his living as a gravedigger. His family owned and maintained the Final Rest Memorial, one of the oldest cemeteries in Valoran. The shovel he employed for his work had been passed down for generations. Each gravedigger taught his son that this shovel was imbued with the spirit of every forefather, and that those spirits would protect him during the long lonely nights amongst the tombstones. To his eternal regret, Yorick died without an heir, bringing the proud Mori line to a close. His body was interred with his shovel in the family mausoleum, and the Final Rest Memorial soon fell to ruin. Death, however, was not the end Yorick had expected.
Yorick emerged on the haunted shores of the Shadow Isles – not quite dead, definitely not alive – still clutching his beloved shovel. He soon learned that with it he could act as a ferryman for the Isles' undead denizens, helping them climb death's many-tiered ladder. This proved a curse, as a gravedigger must "bury his quota" before he too can ascend, or so the legend goes. No one knows what "his quota" is. Yorick dug tirelessly, waiting in vain for the day when he would be freed of his burden. As decades turned to centuries, the shame of his failures came to a head. He returned to Valoran to find his corpse, convinced that salvation might be buried with it. When he arrived, no trace remained of either the mausoleum or the memorial. Hope nearly lost, he discovered the League of Legends, and there saw an opportunity to immortalize the family name he allowed to be forgotten ages ago.
"Die first, then we’ll talk." –- Yorick
First of all this is my first build and i am open for suggestions.
Since there are not alot of yorick players around because they think he is underpowerd: The more fun i have with him when i go 1 vs 3 and kill them all and burry them :D
why i love yorick is because he has ghouls and his ghouls do magic and normal dmg and he has lifesteal!
still working on guide
Why i use these runes
For mark i use the extra little dmg for start
For seal i use the mana regen yorick is useless withouth mana regen
For glyphs i use magic resistance because early game he just doens't have enough when he needs to go solo lane
For the masteries i go with 14/16/0
The first 14 aply for improved exhaust and your ghouls do more dmg at early game
The 16 aply for more armor early game
for my spells i use Flash and improved Exhaust.
let me explain why,
improved Exhaust for that little armor reduction and the awesome slow plus your slow wil make that carry death because no armor and you are hitting him with q and he cant do anything since you also got ghost.
Pros / Cons
has freaking ghouls and is a necromancer woohoo!
easy last its with Q and W
Easy harras with ghouls w and e after they hit the enemy they mostly drive them back wich
make them loose exp
He can burry you alive !
Ugly as hell
Mana hungry (not a problem if you know how 2 use him)
Not alot of dmg early game
tips and tricks
first of all i got thit from link
* Omen of War resets the attack timer, much like Nasus' Siphoning Strike Siphoning Strike. For this reason it is better to cast it immediately after an autoattack for extra damage.
* Putting some early points in Omen of Famine allows Yorick to stay in the lane for a long time.
* With good timing, Omen of Death can give you an additional temporary ally as well as giving one of your allies a brief life after death. This is because the re-animation effect gives full health even if the revenant is near death.
* Use Omen of Pestilence as an AoE damage dealer and slow, in a similar manner to Twisted Fate's Red Card.
* Try to keep an Omen of War ghoul alive as often as possible, as it gives significant bonus magic damage and a significant speed boost.
* The Omen of Famine ghoul heals Yorick for damage it deals, with its own damage being 35% of Yorick's. This is equivalent to gaining 35% life steal while the ghoul is alive and attacking.
* Omen of Pestilence and Omen of Famine give Yorick reasonable burst, but they are not his primary source of DPS.
* A well timed Omen of Pestilence can help to evade skillshots such as Blitzcrank's Rocket Grab, Lee Sin's Resonating Strike or Morgana's Dark Binding, or to explode Teemo's Noxious Trap without being damaged.
* Allies can Teleport to your ghouls. This can help set up ganks.
* Using Omen of Pestilence near a turret, when no enemy champions or minions are nearby, will cause the minion to attack the turret. This can increase Yorick's pushing power as the minion will deal 35% of Yorick's attack damage to the turret and increase his damage output by 5% while the minion is alive.
* Be careful when using his abilities near towers, as the ghouls auto-chase and attack nearby champions, causing unintentional tower-aggro.
* You can use Omen of Pestilence through walls and to check brush. The ghoul can also destroy pocket wards such as Shaco's Jack In The Box.
* Yorick is an exceptional solo laner. He can use his Ghouls as a deterrent for enemy champs to keep them from last-hitting minions and to keep them out of experience range. His Ghouls also allow him to gain minion kills and experience without having to put himself in immediate danger.
o Alternatively, Yorick makes a good jungler as his Ghouls add significantly to his damage output and damage resistance.
* Omen of Famine has the highest mana cost and lowest damage output of Yorick's abilities and thus is best used only when regaining health and survivability are priority and when mana is not low.
What i tried with this build is that your Yorick is more durable early game.
if you are on lets say solo top you got movement speed and a little mana regen in the beginning.
starting with W makes you a good poker and a good last hitter at the beginning. then after you take ghoul of famine (your life saver) at lvl 2 you got mana regen,life steal,good aoe dmg and a slow. Because you took arhcaic knowledge (gives 15% magic penetration) your aoe will do more dmg and because you got armor piercing of 6 at the beginning you actualy do enough dmg just too piss those person off.