Yorick Build Guide by elmo123456
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Yorick the Gravedigger
The work of gravediggers is essential amongst the living, but invaluable in the Shadow Isles. There are many shades of death there, and each is embraced rather than feared or reviled. One can only ascend from one state to the next with the magical aid of a skilled professional. At the end of the first Rune War, Yorick Mori made his living as a gravedigger. His family owned and maintained the Final Rest Memorial, one of the oldest cemeteries in Valoran. The shovel he employed for his work had been passed down for generations. Each gravedigger taught his son that this shovel was imbued with the spirit of every forefather, and that those spirits would protect him during the long lonely nights amongst the tombstones. To his eternal regret, Yorick died without an heir, bringing the proud Mori line to a close. His body was interred with his shovel in the family mausoleum, and the Final Rest Memorial soon fell to ruin. Death, however, was not the end Yorick had expected.
Yorick emerged on the haunted shores of the Shadow Isles – not quite dead, definitely not alive – still clutching his beloved shovel. He soon learned that with it he could act as a ferryman for the Isles' undead denizens, helping them climb death's many-tiered ladder. This proved a curse, as a gravedigger must "bury his quota" before he too can ascend, or so the legend goes. No one knows what "his quota" is. Yorick dug tirelessly, waiting in vain for the day when he would be freed of his burden. As decades turned to centuries, the shame of his failures came to a head. He returned to Valoran to find his corpse, convinced that salvation might be buried with it. When he arrived, no trace remained of either the mausoleum or the memorial. Hope nearly lost, he discovered the League of Legends, and there saw an opportunity to immortalize the family name he allowed to be forgotten ages ago.
"Die first, then we’ll talk." –- Yorick
First of all this is my first build and i am open for suggestions.
Since there are not alot of yorick players around because they think he is underpowerd: The more fun i have with him when i go 1 vs 3 and kill them all and burry them :D
why i love yorick is because he has ghouls and his ghouls do magic and normal dmg and he has lifesteal!
still working on guide
Why i use these runes
For mark i use the extra little dmg for start
For seal i use the mana regen yorick is useless withouth mana regen
For glyphs i use magic resistance because early game he just doens't have enough when he needs to go solo lane
For the masteries i go with 14/16/0
The first 14 aply for improved exhaust and your ghouls do more dmg at early game
The 16 aply for more armor early game
for my spells i use Flash and improved Exhaust.
let me explain why,
improved Exhaust for that little armor reduction and the awesome slow plus your slow wil make that carry death because no armor and you are hitting him with q and he cant do anything since you also got ghost.
Pros / Cons
has freaking ghouls and is a necromancer woohoo!
easy last its with Q and W
Easy harras with ghouls w and e after they hit the enemy they mostly drive them back wich
make them loose exp
He can burry you alive !
Ugly as hell
Mana hungry (not a problem if you know how 2 use him)
Not alot of dmg early game
tips and tricks
first of all i got thit from link
* Omen of War resets the attack timer, much like Nasus' Siphoning Strike Siphoning Strike. For this reason it is better to cast it immediately after an autoattack for extra damage.
* Putting some early points in Omen of Famine allows Yorick to stay in the lane for a long time.
* With good timing, Omen of Death can give you an additional temporary ally as well as giving one of your allies a brief life after death. This is because the re-animation effect gives full health even if the revenant is near death.
* Use Omen of Pestilence as an AoE damage dealer and slow, in a similar manner to Twisted Fate's Red Card.
* Try to keep an Omen of War ghoul alive as often as possible, as it gives significant bonus magic damage and a significant speed boost.
* The Omen of Famine ghoul heals Yorick for damage it deals, with its own damage being 35% of Yorick's. This is equivalent to gaining 35% life steal while the ghoul is alive and attacking.
* Omen of Pestilence and Omen of Famine give Yorick reasonable burst, but they are not his primary source of DPS.
* A well timed Omen of Pestilence can help to evade skillshots such as Blitzcrank's Rocket Grab, Lee Sin's Resonating Strike or Morgana's Dark Binding, or to explode Teemo's Noxious Trap without being damaged.
* Allies can Teleport to your ghouls. This can help set up ganks.
* Using Omen of Pestilence near a turret, when no enemy champions or minions are nearby, will cause the minion to attack the turret. This can increase Yorick's pushing power as the minion will deal 35% of Yorick's attack damage to the turret and increase his damage output by 5% while the minion is alive.
* Be careful when using his abilities near towers, as the ghouls auto-chase and attack nearby champions, causing unintentional tower-aggro.
* You can use Omen of Pestilence through walls and to check brush. The ghoul can also destroy pocket wards such as Shaco's Jack In The Box.
* Yorick is an exceptional solo laner. He can use his Ghouls as a deterrent for enemy champs to keep them from last-hitting minions and to keep them out of experience range. His Ghouls also allow him to gain minion kills and experience without having to put himself in immediate danger.
o Alternatively, Yorick makes a good jungler as his Ghouls add significantly to his damage output and damage resistance.
* Omen of Famine has the highest mana cost and lowest damage output of Yorick's abilities and thus is best used only when regaining health and survivability are priority and when mana is not low.
yorick is a solo champ. he isn't a great laner cause: he needs too farm early game so you cant lane with a carry, can't be a support nor tank early game because he is too squishy for that job and doesnt got any support spells.
ok now we concluded that he is a solo top char, lets go talk about how too play him at that spot or atleast how i play him at that spot.
first focus on poking the enemy but keep last hitting you coud last hit with your ghouls but i prefer just you're auto attack. why ? cause every ghoul you use too poke some one with for last hitting is less dmg too your enemy. use your lifesteal always on your enemy champion it prefends him from last hitting for a few seconds.keep buying minimal 1 ward everytime you recal you need this too spot ganks as fast as possible.
Question from ThaHood
what do you do incase of mana problems ?
Well when you have mana issues your only skill that you can almost spam anyway is your W skill. why? you have a 12 sec cd on that skill, you got a mana regen of 24 per 5 seconds.
so you almost can spam you W skill cause it cost lvl1 45 lvl 2 50 lvl 3 55 and so on
so you basicly can alway hit the enemy after 2 seconds this wil make him recall then you can recall too and regain mana.
Hope i gave insight about this?
If you did it right you kept your turret alive got ganked a few times and killed one of them once or twicenow its time 2 push their turret. know where the enemy is and if you know you can dmg the turret do it hit it a few times cast your ulti and hit him a few times run back and keep doing this after a while the turret is down and you have an advantage in top lane congratz!
if all goes wrong; you got ganked, got killed, got under farmed. you need too defend as hell. stay at turret but keep poking and use lifesteal the normal stuff actually.
late game you maybe lost one turret at your top lane. you shoudnt loose more than one cause then you are doing something really wrong.i once stayed in lane for 24 minutes straight on. so if i can do sure hell you can do it.
ok focus late game yes this is when ganking happens always use your ulti on your ad carry like Vayne or Twitch Ashe you name it dont use it on your tank nor support cause its useless they do no dmg.
you are a good offtank build and still with alot of dmg for a gravedigger.
you can but i dont prefer it too initiate. but come in as a fast second use your aow skil when they are clumped together heal spel and Q them too death. go for the carry's or semi carry's (assasin) now after 2 seconds in the fight ulti your ad carry and use your alt key on the one your carry is attacking or your carry is getting attacked by. why? if your carry dies you go from 175% output too a 10 second 100% output when the carry dies.
so this is kinda a support spell and this is why Yorick isn't a useless champion.
What i tried with this build is that your Yorick is more durable early game.
if you are on lets say solo top you got movement speed and a little mana regen in the beginning.
starting with W makes you a good poker and a good last hitter at the beginning. then after you take ghoul of famine (your life saver) at lvl 2 you got mana regen,life steal,good aoe dmg and a slow. Because you took arhcaic knowledge (gives 15% magic penetration) your aoe will do more dmg and because you got armor piercing of 6 at the beginning you actualy do enough dmg just too piss those person off.