Skarner Build Guide by RoyalBram
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
Hello and welcome to my first guide, I hope you learn something of this guide and have fun playing Skarner, The Crystal Vanguard.
Why These Runes?
Greater mark of strength gives additional Attack Damage wich makes you clear the jungle easier and faster.
Greater seal of resilience gives armor wich makes the monsters deal less dmg to you and makes it easier to clear the jungle.
Greater Glyph of Shielding gives Skarner some survivability.
Pros / Cons
- Clear jungle easy
- Gank and pick up kills at lanes with ur teammates
- Save your teammates if you have the chance
- Win the game ;P
- Fail in jungle and have to recall before u killed all 5
- Bad ganking and make ur teammates die
- Get the kill if you have the chance to save ur teammate
- Feed and lose the game
- Crystal Slash gives Skarner the possibility to slow, if you follow the first build you can keep spamming this skill and deal a lot of dmg. That's why I choose this skill to max first.
- Crystalline Exoskeleton is very important for Skarner, but not in early game, Crystalline Exoskeleton gives a shield, but the most important is the movement speed, if you are chasing someone, use this skill to max your speed and then slow them or pull them back with Impale.
- Fracture is great for recovering some hp and it can also deal a very nice amount of dmg of you have a lot of ap.
- Impale is the most awesome thing of Skarner, there are a lot of things you can do with it. Here are two:
1. If an enemy is near the turret and the turret isnt attacking minions yet, use Impale and pull him into the tower, while using Impale just spam ur Crystal Slash to slow him and make it impossible for him to get away.
2. If someone runs away with low health, use your Crystalline Exoskeleton to reach him. [For 2nd build] If you cant get Impale in range but your Hextech Gunblade is in ranged, use it to slow him and then use ur ulti, pull him back and spam Crystal Slash and the enemy should be dead.
My item choices of my 1st build is maybe a little bit strange, but it's really great at Skarner, if you look at the movement speed you can see that people cant beat your speed, but with your you will have a lot of speed, maybe you should think: Wtf, attack speed?
But if you take a look at the passive, you see that it would be awesome, you can spam your a lot and they will be slowed for a very long time.
How to jungle as Skarner
1. Blue Golems: Always start at the blue buff, get someone to pull the golems and spam your on the golems and if the golems start attacking you use your health potion, if it has 400/450 hp left use your smite.
2. Wolves: Your second group are the wolves, use your health pot and start attacking, so you won't get health problems at the rest of the jungle groups.
3. Ghouls: Your third group are the ghouls, use your shield before you start the fight and first kill the blue ghoul, the rest will almost die by your .
4. Red Lizards: Your fifth group is the Red lizard, it's like the same as the blue, use your shield, attack, use ur health pot and smite at 500 hp.
5. Big golems: The big golems is your last group, they deal a lot of dmg so watch out and use ur shield + potion to survive.
after u got all 5, recall and buy ur stuff and then go kill some more groups, if there are no groups left, go gank lanes, finish targets there and try to get a tower down, after ur done ganking, go back jungling, in mid game, ur supposed to be ganking about whole the time, or stick together as a team to start the teamfights. Just clear the jungle if you have time and have fun playing Skarner
In teamfights u focus on the champions that die fast and if they are running away pull them back with ur ulti. Always save ur teammates if u have the choice to take a kill or save ur teammates, ur off-tank so u always have to help to protect ur team.