Kassadin Build Guide by BaronMashor
Not Updated For Current Season
How To Carry
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello everybody! My name is SantyC, and I am a Mid Laner. I play Kassadin very often, some may say he is my "main". I don't have on of those, I main 4 tops, mids, and junglers. But I digress, my point is this: I play Kassadin often, I have a lot of success with him, and he is one of my favourite champions. This guide is an attempt for me to teach anyone new to the champion how to carry hard, and maybe show those familiar with him some new tricks. I am reachable at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions, comments, or concerns. Attached is verification, censored the team name because it's bad.
Pros / Cons
+ Has a click-target silence.
+ Great against almost any AP Mid.
+ Has a crippling slow.
+ Has a built-in flash on a 6 second cooldown.
+ Does a lot of damage very fast. He can carry a team if played properly.
+ Has some of the coolest skins available, as well as sounds like Darth Vader.
Kassadin's Riftwalk ability gives him great mobility. He can gank, escape, juke, chase, and just get around very easily. Someone pops up on you while low on blue buff? Rift the wall. Want to steal dragon because your jungler sucks? Rift in, take it, flash out. Wanna kill someone who's low on their turret? Go to wraith camp. Repeat the steps for stealing dragon. The best part is you can use flash wherever you feel necessary, because you always have Riftwalk as well.
His ult is what makes him, but it isn't all he has. His silence is amazing in lane, against champions who poke with abilities. Your poke keeps them from poking, how amazing is that. You also has a slow which is a 50% speed reduction (yes, 50%) and does a lot of damage to boot. Your AAs do some 600 damage when your Ws up, and that is more OP when you take AP damage (refer to passive). Bottom line? Kassadin can dish out the damage, and counters almost every AP mid.
- Almost useless before level 6.
- With other champions who have click-target pokes he has to trade to silence.
- Squishy before RoA, still squishy after.
- No build = No damage. No exceptions.
- Countered so hard by AD mids. We're looking at you Talon.
- Hated on. No, I don't know why.
I can not stress this enough. DO NOT PICK AGAINST TALON. If you're thinking: "Oh em gee this guy is sooooo stoopid! Kass OP! You is goin' down Talon!", 2 things are going to happen. 1. You will be stomped, lose, and be raged upon by your team and probably the other team. 2. You will be disowned by your parents for being so stupid and picking Kass against Talon.
Other than that, what can I say? Kassadin is a melee range champion, if you want to nuke from outside the fight, pick another champion. If you want so get a kill before level 6, pick another champion. If you don't get kills, consider supporting, and pick another champion.
Finally, if you are getting hated on, ignore it. Be the better guy, carry, and make your team eat their words. Flaming is bad. You ain't about that life.
|Kassadin needs to do damage. This is why we take an aggresive 21/0/9 tree, taking (most notably): Spellsword , because of your W. Arcane Knowledge , because who doesn't want more magic pen? And Executioner , because damage. I also take Runic Affinity over Artificer because I don't use a DFG on Kassadin. I would rather have longer lasting buffs. If you build a DFG, feel free to shorten the cooldown.|
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: Who needs a Doran's Ring? Not you, if you take these! The flat AP is so useful, I don't know what I would do without them. Great for early game.
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: Magic pen is so important. Maximizes your damage output, especially against tanks/bruisers and mids taking MR runes. We all know that guy.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power: "Oh SantyC you are SoOoOoOoOo bad! These aren't even flat!" I know they aren't flat, that's the point. You get 3x more ability power with these. DO NOT take flat quints and then take flat glyphs. Early game, might do more damage. But is it worth it? Scaling surpasses flat at level 10 or something like that anyway. Treasure every point of AP, kiddies.
- Greater Seal of Mana Regeneration: Extra mana regen means you go back less. Staying in lane longer = less problems with your turret, less problems with your jungler, less problems with your cash flow. Take these.
Ignite: Ignite, basic stuff. You don't want to dive for the last bit of health, you use it.
Flash: Flash + Riftwalk = Penta Denied. Simple as that.
Exhaust: If you don't want flash, exhaust + your E means there is no escape.
- Void Stone: This passive reduces damage taken whilst in lane, and makes it annoying to hit him with an AP move if he's on top of you.Aas
- Null Sphere (Q): Your poke. It does damage, a lot when you're built, and it silences. Use it to open a burst, harass, or stop that Nidalee from sniping your Ezreal who thought he would blink out at 4 HP.
- Nether Blade (W): On top of being a beautiful thing when you're farming, this does so much damage late game. Your AAs hit so hard the enemy will think you're the adc. You use this after you pull off a Rift/Slow combo to chunk the enemies health. As a side note, the passive allows you to regain mana from simply auto attacking. Auto attack a lot to keep mana up!
- Force Pulse (E): Your cone slow. This ability in itself is an art. You need to land it while chasing if you want a kill. No slow means no kill 95% of the time. Pulling one off after Rifting at an enemy probably means they aren't going anywhere, and if you are built it probably took a nice third out of their health. It's also great to slow 1-5 enemies chasing an ally (if you can get away of course). Note that this is only available after 6 spells have been cast in your vicinity. Not by you yourself, by any champion around. This means you get stacks from your own spells, your allies' spells, and your enemies spells. This makes it great for teamfights.
- Riftwalk (R): The embodiment of Kassadin in an ability. He is even called the Void Walker. This is why you aren't terrible. You can use this just about anyway you can think. Use it to go over walls, over turrets, over champions, over minions! Use it as a finisher (you materialize from inside the champion! Now that is quality!) Use it to gank, use it to engage, use it to run. Just make sure that when the going gets tough, this isn't on CD. (Sidenote, Riftwalk/Flash combo. I'm mentioning it again, it saves lives.) Oh, and it does a nice bit of damage. The damage is upped every use, so it's a nice tool to have when you're chasing someone down.
Ability Sequence Order
|You max Null Sphere because it does the most damage for the early part of the game. Then comes Force Pulse because it does more damage later on. Nether Blade is what finishes the late game terror that is Kassadin. Take Riftwalk when possible, but you didn't need that told to you now did you?|
|Lots of early game stats. Get it first, it needs 10 minutes to shine. Oh, and the health/mana keeps you in lane.|
|Want to do damage? Nether Blade + Lich Bane = GG WP. The item passive, with the ability active is just such a good thing|
|You won't die if you build this. Ever. It's too many defense mechanisms on one champion. They may not even focus you. Plus, it gives you a lot of AP.|
|Basic item, multiplies your AP. Necessary to win.|
|This makes you shine, as you do most of your damage from close up. The passive simply allows you to tear through health.|
|In teamfights Kassadin should function as an assassin. Pop in, one shot a target of your choice, pop out. Lather, rinse, repeat. You can even engage with your Riftwalk/ Force Pulse combo if everyone else is afraid to get their hands dirty. Make sure you take care of their AP nuker, since you are the one with the silence.|
| Kassadin is an interesting champion, to say the least. You can carry with him, or you can flop with him. All you need to remember is that if you Riftwalk away from dying enough, their team will rage quit. Something I do often and works is Nasus/ Kassadin bot. It works, it's an awful thing to face, consider it. Oh, and remember. Never try to silence your mother.
SPECIAL THANKS: Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.