Ezreal Build Guide by JoshiPvP
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Starting item #1
Not so well? Try to stay in lane and farm
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
*This build guide is still under construction so don't expect anything major yet*
Ezreal - The Prodigal Explorer
Hello mobafire browsers and welcome to my Ezreal build! I am JoshiPvP and I main adc, so I thought I should make a guide on my current favourite champion: Ezreal
This is my first build and im still trying out new stuff, so im going to make this build easy and safe. If its bad, feel free to tell me what I should fix next time!
About my LoL career: I started playing League quite some time ago when Tacoo recommended the game (He is also currently making a Shen build). Now, I am playing much better and getting along nicely with my games so i decided to make a build.
Now after introducing you to my guide and my LoL career, I will guide you straight ahead to the pros and cons.
Pros / Cons
+Can escape with Arcane Shift
+ Mystic Shot is great for poke
+ Essence Flux buffs the team
+Good damage throughout the whole game
Ezreal has great opportunities to poke and kite. His Mystic Shot enables him to poke with great damage and on a low manacost. When someone attempts to dive you, dont just stand there and give up - because Ezreal has great kiting skills with his Arcane Shift.
-Squishy as most ADC's
-No cc unless you get Iceborn Gauntlet
-Nearly all skill shots
-Decently hard to play
As many Ad carries, Ezreal lacks cc. Having so many skill shots meen he is not so easy to master and takes a lot of practice. Ad carries are also focused mostly first so Ezreal will need alot of gold and items.
With Ezreal, there is a shining light on the mastery tree. You will want to build 21-0-9 so it enables Ezreal to fight back in all situations.
Greater Quintessence of Life Steal
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage: Great for last hitting, harrasing your opponent and that little more damage that you need. I recommend every Ad carry should have this.
- Greater Seal of Armor: Mostly for the laning phase where the Ad champions are.
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: Great to shield the supports poke on you - mostly in laning phase as well
- Greater Quintessence of Life Steal: For great sustain that an Ad carry needs in the laning phase in my opinion - great for staying in lane much longer than your opponents and getting more creeps.
Flash - Teleports your champion toward your cursor's location.
Flash is the one summoner spell I recommend everyone should use. You can dodge ultimate abilities like Ezreal ultimate Trueshot Barrage. So every about four minutes, this summoner icon could just about save your life.
Barrier - Shields your champion for 95 + (20 per level) for 2 seconds.
Barrier is an underused summoner spell. Mostly only Ad carries use it, but every role can use it. Barrier grants a nice and big shield that lasts for a few seconds. You can use Barrier to take the damage from bursty early game characters like Graves but you can also use it to take on for example Ace in the Hole.
Ignite - Ignites target enemy unit, dealing 70-410 true damage over 5 seconds and reduces healing effects on the target for the duration.
Ignite is a great summoner icon to kill your enemies. It ignores all armour or magic resist and it only does true damage. you can use it if the enemy is on low health but - for example - you are playing a melee champion and the enemy is out of range, use ignite.
Ghost - Your champion ignores unit collision and has 27% increased Movement Speed for 10 seconds.
Ghost is a great summoner spell for the early levels to get away, and seeing as though ezreal has Arcane Shift ezreal can run easily. Late game though when you have your Trinity Force I find you are already fast and you don't really need this summoner spell
- Rising Spell Force Passive - Hitting a target with any of Ezreal's abilities increases his attack speed by 10% for 6 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. This passive enables Ezreal to focus more on attack damage items instead of attack speed This passive stacks up to 5 times.
- Mystic Shot Q - Ezreal fires a bolt of energy that deals 35 / 55 / 75 / 95 / 115 (+1.0 per attack damage) (+20% of ability power) physical damage and applies on-hit effects. If it strikes an enemy unit it reduces all of Ezreal's cooldowns by 1 second. This is Ezreal's main ability. Mystic Shot has a low mana cost and a low cool down.
- Essence Flux W - Ezreal fires a fluctuating wave of energy at a targeted area. Any enemy champions it passes through take 70 / 115 / 160 / 205 / 250 (+80% of ability power) magic damage, while any allied champions it travels through have their attack speed increased by 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 % for 5 seconds. Really high mana cost so don't spam.
- Arcane Shift E - Ezreal teleports to a target nearby location and fires a homing arrow at the nearest enemy unit dealing 75 / 125 / 175 / 225 / 275 (+75% of ability power) magic damage. Arcane Shift is a spell that can save your life. It has a pretty high cool down so only use it when you have to.
- Trueshot Barrage - Ezreal channels for 1 second to fire a powerful barrage of energy missiles, which deal 350 / 500 / 650 (+1.0 per bonus attack damage) (+90% of ability power) magic damage to each enemy unit they pass through. However, it deals 8% less damage for each additional unit it hits (30% minimum damage). This is a useful global ultimate use full in all moments of a team fight, also when someone is running and no one is chasing.
Ability Sequence/ Explanation
Max 1st Mystic Shot
Max 2nd Arcane Shift
Max 3rd Trueshot Barrage
Max 4th Essence Flux
- Mystic shot - I take Mystic Shot at levels 1,3,5,7 and 10. Every time you hit a Mystic Shot the cool down of all the other spells my one second. Dishes out the most damage of all your abilities.
- Essence Flux - I upgrade Essence Flux at levels 2,4,11,12 and 14. Early game this is extremely mana consuming so I don't really upgrade it until late game, where it buffs your allies in team fights or for example doing Baron
- Arcane Shift - I upgrade Arcane Shift at levels 2,4,10,12 and 13. This is basically like Flash, but it does damage and it is one of Ezreal's abilities.
- Trueshot Barrage - This is Ezreal's ultimate so, as all ultimates, ALWAYS upgrade this at level 6,11 and 16. This ultimate is truly Ezreal.
You should be heading either to bot lane or be going to blue to help your jungler. Early game you should really focus on last hitting creeps and freezing the lane. Use your Mystic Shot occasionally to harass your enemies.
I am not very good at farming and last hitting but I still have a goal:
- 80 Creeps - 10:00
- 100 Creeps - 15:00
- 150 Creeps - 20:00
- 200 Creeps - 30:00
You are in the mid game now and you should definitely try getting Dragon or even Baron. You should ask your jungler for red because it is great for Ad carries. By now you have also hopefully pushed the lane to the outer turret. Doing this enables you to leave the lane and gank other lanes that need assistance.
Its late game now. You should group up with your team now and beware of alot of team fights. You should now have a pink ward at Baron because it is now highly likely for one of the two teams to do Baron.
Hopefully now your game went well and you are winning!
I give a special thanks to my friends and everyone who supported me through my journey of making this guide.
And - of course - a giant thank you to MobaFire for making this all happen
Then, there is JhoiJhoi. Thank you so much for making the Making A Guide. I learnt everything of there and it made my process much master
Thank you everyone for taking your time to read my guide and i hope you liked it!