Zed Build Guide by Novurax
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Zed - The Unseen Blade [Top]
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
this is my first build here on Mobafire.com. If u have any questions add me on EUW: Novurax or leave a comment below.
If u like this Guide dont forget a Thumb up on the top of the screen.
I'm working on new Chapters.
Thanks for watching, Novurax
Teemo: Don't die in early game and you should be able to fight him at lvl 6.
Nasus: A really easy early game is followed by a medium middle part. Dont let him stack up in the early minutes and fight him as often as possible. Keep outplaying as long as you can.
Tryndamere: Medium early game and at lvl 6 it's really hard to fight him. Try to play "safety first" and wait for some ganks to finish him up quickly.
Kayle: Use your Q to get the needed CS and W-Q Combo to poke her down(LOW ENERGY!). Stay passive at lvl 6 because of her ultimate.
Renekton: Really hard early game because of his high mobility. Think about the position of your shadows and dont waste them.
Jax: Dont try this matchup. Play really safe. You will need your W to escape his Stun (E-Q Combo). At lvl 6 it will get easier.
1. My personal starting items are Dorans Blade and a heal potion. Don't forget to take the Greater Totem with you.
2. Then get Brutalizer as soon as possible, finish your boots and go for BOTRK.
3. A lot of boots are possible with Zed. I prefer the Boots of Mobility. But against heavy AP enemies / a lot of CC i usually buy Mercury's Treads. You should take Ninja Tabi with you if you are playing against heavy AD team or get hit by AA in Laning Phase.
4. After those steps it's completely free choice. Finish Black Cleaver to reduce the armor of enemy champions or buy Bloodthirster. Feel free and chose one of the AD items listed above. You can also buy a defensive item but in my opinion AD Items are more usefull in this moment.
5. Then buy another Offensive Item or a defensive Item if u get focused and you don't own one.
6. At least you should have boots and one defensive item. The rest can be filled with Offenisve or Defenisve Items as u want.
In my opinion flash is very important if you are playing Zed top. You can survive ganks or pick up kills easier than without and you are allowed to have even more mobility.(Good in combination with your Shadows (W/R)
Can be replacced by Ghost (EXPERIENCE NEEDED!)
Ignite is not that important but also my favourite summoner spell on top.
Good skill to secure kills or reduce the healing (Important agains healing reliant Champions like Warwick, Swain or Dr. Mundo)
Can be replaced by Cleanse, Barrier or Ghost (if you take Flash).
Try to place your W right next to the minons and last hit them with your Q or E.
Take care of your Energy. It's not endless. If it's necessary and you wont loose too many HP you can press W again to teleport to your shadow and earn some more last hits.